DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version)

dgeeman

Coach Farmer, we played USN at the beginning of December and the Nash kid deserves all the recognition he can get. He led all scorers in that game and outplayed everyone on the floor. Hodge was playing in that game but I was not impressed with what I saw with him. Seems to be more about himself then the rest of his team and was forcing alot of shots. But from what Ive seen and heard about, it looks like FRA should win their region and has a very good shot of winning it all with everyone returning from last years team escept their pg. With the way our season is going it is hard to get excited about anything, the only thing we have going for us is the possibility of our head coach losing his job and getting a fresh start next year!

As far as USN goes, I think they have done an incredible job in region play without their best player. Not many other teams if any, could survive losing a Mr. Basketball finalist, and still being able to compete. Their only losses are to BGA, MBA, Raleigh Egypt, JPII, and FRA, which at this point are all quality teams. Ezell really missed their chance to beat them while they were down. Looking at the rest of USN's schedule, they might not lose a game down the stretch and finish around 20-5. Like him or not, Hodge can score against solid defenses (MBA he had 17), and can get easy transition baskets for USN which does make a difference. FRA did win by a significant margin, and looks like the frontrunner right now out of the East/Middle division. They are very well coached, and have so much size it's going to be tough to beat them.

The west is always a toss-up. Once you think you get a handle on the division, then something else happens. A couple of years ago it was Lausanne as the #1 seed entering tournament play, then they got upset by Webb School of Bellbuckle. Due to lack of media coverage, it is difficult to get an in depth analysis on each of the teams, unless someone like Asitis brings it to the table.

WarEagle - everyone has down years. Unfortunately for BA, basketball has taken a severe nosedive and they need someone that can stop the bleeding. All it takes is a couple of good classes and a new coaching staff and things can get turned around quick.

Haven't heard much from BigEns lately..... Guess he has been quiet since McCallie dismantled his beloved Tigers this weekend by 17 and the Tigers not looking as unbeatable as they were in past seasons.

Where is Allnets? He seemed to be connected to the Hodge camp over the summer and can maybe give us some insight if Nilan's career is over or will things get straightened out by tournament time.......Time will tell, but with Hodge, USN could be a completely different team if he is allowed to play.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The west is always a toss-up. Once you think you get a handle on the division, then something else happens. A couple of years ago it was Lausanne as the #1 seed entering tournament play, then they got upset by Webb School of Bellbuckle. Due to lack of media coverage, it is difficult to get an in depth analysis on each of the teams, unless someone like Asitis brings it to the table.

I tend to be as confused about the West as everyone else, and we are in it. I think the main thing is everyone seems to be tough to beat at home? There are not many crossover games between the two "districts" so you are left comparing common opponents and usually confused. SG picked up a big win @ JCS so that could be big when all is said and done. I expect SG to take a couple more losses on the road as well but that is assuming they don't shoot 80% from 3 in every game. USJ plays @ JCS Tuesday night and that is always a tough game for us.

Right now I think the top 4 are: USJ, SG, FA and JCS in one district and: ECS, Lausanne, Harding and FACS in the other as expected. Things could end up in any order. TRA should pull off another upset @ home and throw a wrench in things like they did last year.

Glover has a target on his back, not only from opposing defenses but seemingly from officials who obviously think he must be doing something illegal to score at will. I guess that is expected and I know the kid will work through it. USJ will do fine as long as he can stay in the game even if he is temporarily shut down. If he's out, we don't really have another inside presence and the outside game seems to struggle when zones are extended.

The only comparison I can find between the two regions is FRA beating Harding by 3 I think at FRA? I know that doesn't tell me a lot and like everyone else, I wish there was more play during the season between the two regions.

Edited by Asitis

USJ loses @ St. George's Friday night 63-50. The two guards for SG shot lights out again and USJ did not shoot well at all. Never seem to get it going in that gym in the last few years.

My heart goes out to John Ross. They made it clear from the start that he was not going to be allowed to play in that game. 2 fouls in the first quarter and 4 by half. Sat most of the game before returning in the 4th and being eliminated almost immediately upon returning. Seemed pretty deliberate to me and was laughable to say the least. Maybe 1 foul in the first quarter but the other 4 calls made the intentions pretty obvious. For a kid that works so hard and rarely gets in foul trouble, I felt for him.

Hats off to the two kids from SG who couldn't miss and to the ref who felt it appropriate to act out Glover's last foul @ mid-court during the ensuing time-out while obviously trying to justify his call, you only made yourself look worse. Acting out something that didn't happen will not change what people actually saw.

This loss should make this team more determined.

Through venting

From what I gather USJ just did not have a very good game. Once Glover was taken out of the picture with the double teaming they couldn't find the groove. Seems to me that if two players are guarding him then someone should be able to drive if the outside shot is not falling. Hope they can get it back together.

From what I gather USJ just did not have a very good game. Once Glover was taken out of the picture with the double teaming they couldn't find the groove. Seems to me that if two players are guarding him then someone should be able to drive if the outside shot is not falling. Hope they can get it back together.

You should know after 4 years of it that penetration is not part of this offense. The double team was not as big a part of it as him not being in the game period. USJ was outscored by 11 in the deciding 2nd quarter in which he wasn't allowed to play in much.

They will get it back together where as we as Dad's need to stick together as well. Just sayin

Back from a little sabbatical,

1. Smokestack losing to McCallie doesn't mean anything. We will be ready come tournament time.

2. Coach Farmer - Papa Farmer it's all the same.

3. FRA us winning it all. They will blow through rest of their schedule (including stomping Ezell).

4. Brentwood Academy needs to quit whining and either get rid of Husband or get use to losing!

5.dgeeman im back baby! And I've missed you!

1. Smokestack losing to McCallie doesn't mean anything. We will be ready come tournament time.

3. FRA us winning it all. They will blow through rest of their schedule (including stomping Ezell).

4. Brentwood Academy needs to quit whining and either get rid of Husband or get use to losing!

LOL...obviousely others have missed you too!!! I would have never woke the hibernating bear!!! It is all good! I just ask that you not critize the players too much...Coaches get paid for it...they can handle it...the players and kids just don't need to be criticized at all. Good players will get scholarships, team players play for their love of the school and game, and parents are just parents.

The bright side of you coming back...is that for 3 months we have about 9 pages of posts...we will be up to 18 by next week cause of you. LOL!!!

Btw have you checked the shoe sizes of all the boys at FRA?

Keeping it clean!

Gman

LOL...obviousely others have missed you too!!! I would have never woke the hibernating bear!!! It is all good! I just ask that you not critize the players too much...Coaches get paid for it...they can handle it...the players and kids just don't need to be criticized at all. Good players will get scholarships, team players play for their love of the school and game, and parents are just parents.

The bright side of you coming back...is that for 3 months we have about 9 pages of posts...we will be up to 18 by next week cause of you. LOL!!!

Keeping it clean!

Gman

haha that is true. The boys at FRA are huge! They rolled over stewart county last night

1. Love it!!! Go McCallie.

2. Coach Farmer is doing a great job.

3. FRA will not, I repeat not win it all. (Ezell game will be interesting)

4. Who cares about BA.

5. dgeeman. Your son is awesome.

Keeping it clean!

Gman

Hey Gman,

Is the E/M split now in to two districts? I thought I remembered they did that in football? If so, who's in what? May have already been?

Thanks!