South Pitt, Huntingdon Wayne County, or Perry County

LeggoStangs

Lol yeah I get a bullseye put on SP's back by talking to some goober fans from West TN...It's a message board and this is what it's for....Now run along before I pop ur bubble..U should have more to worry about than what Uncle Tom says about ur beloved Pirates...If u spent as much time "edit" as u do messaging coachT posters asking who this or that was u might be surprised with the results

:D

Don't worry TT99, I spend adequate time and it's not spent worrying about goobers. You seem to have quite a bit of faith in the pirates this season. I guess that is a good thing. I sure hope they can live up to your expectations though. You have put some quite lofty goals up for them over the course of the next few seasons. It looks like Huntingdon and Gordonsville will be good for awhile so no cakewalks for these SP boys.

I like it better when yall are arguing and nobody pays WC any attention. Dont know how WC even got involved with this topic theres no way they can play with any of yall.

Got a lot of respect for WC, but none for these Huntingdon people. They seem to think they have won the gold already they just need to swat you guys out of the way, they don't seem to be too concerned with that. Just trying to give them a history lesson. Our concern is our quad and Gordonsville before we can start even thinking about you guys. I have heard nothing but Milan, Milan , Mian from them. They are wannabees Good luck to you guys though.

I really thought Perry county or WC was a sure pick last year. not sure how JB pulled off the win like they did.

Don't know what happened to WC, but PC did not play well at ALL in that game. Couldn't stop the run, even knowing it was going to be Frankie or Bolt every play. If Bolt hadn't been injured, JB might have played SP a better game. Would still have gotten beat, but might have been a better game.

Edited by viking_fan

another thing i havent seen is anyone giving credit to SP for their schedule they are playing this year. for a 1A school probably one of the toughest especially with the ijnuries we have had. so if Huntchington makes it to the state and we make it to the state they might want to talk to the voo doo gods and hope we are healthy

Don't worry TT99, I spend adequate time and it's not spent worrying about goobers. You seem to have quite a bit of faith in the pirates this season. I guess that is a good thing. I sure hope they can live up to your expectations though. You have put some quite lofty goals up for them over the course of the next few seasons. It looks like Huntingdon and Gordonsville will be good for awhile so no cakewalks for these SP boys.

I just made a statement...SP has the talent to make it to Cookeville this year and the next two...It's up to the kids and coaches to work hard and put in the work...I never said a cakewalk and winning the state should never be as easy as such...

Beat a 3A power by 11 and beat a 2A power by 35. What more do you want to have to be impressed? Beat your 1A power South Pittsburg? I highly doubt that South Pittsburg is any better than what Milan is this year.

Everything comes out in the playoffs...The best will rise..In 2009 when Union City gashed us it was bc of our small line..Our offense scored in 3 minutes or less everytime it seemed like..And the noseguard we had was probably about 170...Compare that to this year when we go to the big line and put D.J. in the middle ( 6 ft 4 335) and he can knock the center back and mess everything up in the backfield unlike 2009...But like I said..the best will rise in the playoffs...always does.

Everything comes out in the playoffs...The best will rise..In 2009 when Union City gashed us it was bc of our small line..Our offense scored in 3 minutes or less everytime it seemed like..And the noseguard we had was probably about 170...Compare that to this year when we go to the big line and put D.J. in the middle ( 6 ft 4 335) and he can knock the center back and mess everything up in the backfield unlike 2009...But like I said..the best will rise in the playoffs...always does.

It doesnt have to be So Pitt to be the one who figures that out. The offensive set Huntington ran in the Milan game is one that is succeptable to turnovers if the defensive coordinator is smart enough to put totgether a scheme for pushing key players such as the guard or center into the backfield even if for one or two steps prior to that of the back attaing the football. Milan didnt attempt that and it was very suprising. It will most likely happen now and Im not sure how deep in the playoffs they will go.So Pitt has a hard path and im not so sure they will pull it off this year but I watched film on WC, PC and seen Milan vs huntingdon game on TSSAA network and I think its a tossup between PC and WC. I have to say leaning a bit toward WC as they seem to be clicking on all cylinders.

Guest Purplepastry

let’s cut to the chase...

In high school ball comparing common opponents and who beat who by how much is usually not a good predictor of outcomes. Football is a game of match ups and I think that is what you have to look at. I said earlier that I thought that Huntingdon had a good chance because stylistically they are built for postseason. In postseason the weather is often a factor as are nerves and improving quality of opponents. Often teams that rely on big plays and complex schemes have difficulty. The things that are flashy and draw headlines in the regular season tend to disappear when the games are one and done, that pressure causes tends to make one less inclined to take risks.

Huntingdon runs a simple ground pounding d-wing offense and solid no gimmicks defense. They do a good job of down blocking and getting blockers to the point of attack. The qb is a special player and if he stays healthy he is a problem for anyone. They also have a good kicking game. They would have a problem if SP or PC jumped out to an early big lead.

SP is not a ball control offense as they run a spread offense that relies on big plays. They thrive on emotion and turnovers. Their line play is inconsistent mediocre at best but they have superior athletes at the skill positions that make plays even when their line is dominated. Their defense is based on speed in the linebackers and d-backs. Once again their line play is usually not great but they swarm to the ball. They struggle with disciplined blocking schemes and ground pounding attacks. SP has no kicking game what so ever outside the on sides. They are dangerous on the return game which is a big plus in post season.

I have heard PC is primarily a spread passing team with a very good quarterback, and solid defense. It is a roll of the dice when you rely on the pass in post season usually it is not a good foul weather tight game offense where ball control and security are very important. In the post season all the defenses are good and the pickings generally get slimmer for big play and passing teams.

The bottom line is that matchup wise Huntingdon is favored with a ball control offense and solid disciplined defense. I will give the psychological edge to SP as they have many players who have been there and they expect to be there and win again.

yes we had a very small defensive line in 09 and it took a last minute field goal to take the lead from us. How many years are you guys going to use Union City...I guess as long as Huntingdon is going to use the Milan game. Huntingdon has great QB and a good above average 1A team but again after watching I'm not impressed overall.

I believe Huntingdon beat that UC team that year... Just saying :thumb:

let’s cut to the chase...

In high school ball comparing common opponents and who beat who by how much is usually not a good predictor of outcomes. Football is a game of match ups and I think that is what you have to look at. I said earlier that I thought that Huntingdon had a good chance because stylistically they are built for postseason. In postseason the weather is often a factor as are nerves and improving quality of opponents. Often teams that rely on big plays and complex schemes have difficulty. The things that are flashy and draw headlines in the regular season tend to disappear when the games are one and done, that pressure causes tends to make one less inclined to take risks.

Huntingdon runs a simple ground pounding d-wing offense and solid no gimmicks defense. They do a good job of down blocking and getting blockers to the point of attack. The qb is a special player and if he stays healthy he is a problem for anyone. They also have a good kicking game. They would have a problem if SP or PC jumped out to an early big lead

SP is not a ball control offense as they run a spread offense that relies on big plays. They thrive on emotion and turnovers. Their line play is inconsistent mediocre at best but they have superior athletes at the skill positions that make plays even when their line is dominated. Their defense is based on speed in the linebackers and d-backs. Once again their line play is usually not great but they swarm to the ball. They struggle with disciplined blocking schemes and ground pounding attacks. SP has no kicking game what so ever outside the on sides. They are dangerous on the return game which is a big plus in post season.

I have heard PC is primarily a spread passing team with a very good quarterback, and solid defense. It is a roll of the dice when you rely on the pass in post season usually it is not a good foul weather tight game offense where ball control and security are very important. In the post season all the defenses are good and the pickings generally get slimmer for big play and passing teams.

The bottom line is that matchup wise Huntingdon is favored with a ball control offense and solid disciplined defense. I will give the psychological edge to SP as they have many players who have been there and they expect to be there and win again.

Hmmmm I hate to admit this but I call it like I see it...Great post...Kudos! I knew u were smarter than u played on