Science Hill - Dobyns Bennett

TopperFootball

DB defense is always their advantage. Their defense will always be good; however, Science Hill has some great talent coming up. Malik Mcgue, who is just a freshman, scored 3 TDs against Boone and is one of the most versatile players on offense playing at quarterback, receiver, and running back. With more and more experience, he will be the next big thing at science hill. I don't know enough about DB and their upcoming players to say anything about them. I think db will win this year, but I feel like next year would be a better game. But if Dobyns- Bennett think they can come into our stadium thinking they will give us the same beatdown as last year, they will be surprised. Its like a whole new team.

:popcorneater:

Well all that matters tonight is that we won the Big 8 championship. And yes, you are surprised. You thought Science Hill was going to win. I bet the Toppers choke in the playoffs.

I never said I thought SH was going to win. The only thing I did say was that if they continued making the same dumb mistakes they'd been making all year, they'd get blown out by DB. They did so and played about how I imagined they'd play. Oh and FYI, both teams are going to choke in the playoffs. DB's just used to choking in the playoffs whereas SH isn't, since they rarely go and all :P DB beating up on SH. DB choking in the playoffs. Same old sh!t different year.

Edited by AlumnI01

I never said I thought SH was going to win. The only thing I did say was that if they continued making the same dumb mistakes they'd been making all year, they'd get blown out by DB. They did so and played about how I imagined they'd play. Oh and FYI, both teams are going to choke in the playoffs. DB's just used to choking in the playoffs whereas SH isn't, since they rarely go and all :P DB beating up on SH. DB choking in the playoffs. Same old sh!t different year.

should have put our indian head in the middle of your field we wouldnt have charged you anything, just sayin

Edited by dbfanforlife

First I want to say . . . Congrats to D-B for a game well played on their part. I am irritated and aggravated by what I saw on SH's part. I was expecting more discipline (which quit honestly I haven't seen a lot of all season). For god's sake, what does it take to play fundamental football against a strong team? I am trying to be patient, but heck far. Are we really 33 points behind D-B? Apparently so! Are we a better football program than we were a year ago? Are we a better football program from 5 years ago? If the score is the barometer to the answer to that question. Then the answer is, no. I suppose time will tell. It always does.

Once again, CONGRATS to D-B and I hope you go deep in the play-offs.

I believe that D-B has made 3 trips to the final 4 and 3 trips to the final 8 under GC if I'm not mistaken. I guess if they do anything but win the state title, people like you will say they choked again. If they do win it, you will say that a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then. Proud of the Maroon and Gray tonight.....Roll Tribe!!

You're right about the run game and controlling the line of scrimmage winning 9 out of 10. I just don't think the Toppers can control the line of scrimmage and muscle up in the run game as their strong hand. That Tribe front 7 is pretty stout from what I've seen. I think the Toppers are trying to win the other 1 out of 10. And the only way I see to do that is hurry up and try to outscore the Indians because I don't see them stopping the D-B offense without some penalties and turnovers.

I think everyone understands this is a replay of D-B / Sullivan South only now there are Toppers on the other side and they are better athletes across the board. GC and staff have outcoached SC and staff at each encounter with the exception of their first I suppose. I believe D-B will be better prepared and they have the advantage of a unique offensive style. GC has seen the SC spread plenty. If it is close late, it could get tight for the Tribe and eerily take on a playoff atmosphere. D-B needs to take care of business from the get go. Aaron Greene needs to have a big night for the Toppers to stay in it.

:blush: I didn't realize how similar it would be to a D-B/South game. lol

First I want to say . . . Congrats to D-B for a game well played on their part. I am irritated and aggravated by what I saw on SH's part. I was expecting more discipline (which quit honestly I haven't seen a lot of all season). For god's sake, what does it take to play fundamental football against a strong team? I am trying to be patient, but heck far. Are we really 33 points behind D-B? Apparently so! Are we a better football program than we were a year ago? Are we a better football program from 5 years ago? If the score is the barometer to the answer to that question. Then the answer is, no. I suppose time will tell. It always does.

Once again, CONGRATS to D-B and I hope you go deep in the play-offs.

thanks hill now go beat farragut, we are pulling for you guys, yeah we like to take jabs at you guys, but your family and we dont like teams picking on our family, so have a good week of practice and come out like gang busters, playoffs baby at least ur in the dance

thanks hill now go beat farragut, we are pulling for you guys, yeah we like to take jabs at you guys, but your family and we dont like teams picking on our family, so have a good week of practice and come out like gang busters, playoffs baby at least ur in the dance

Thanks for the encouraging words dbfanforlife. Our boys can show some character by picking ourselves up, wipe off the blood and the sweat of the beat-down and finish strong.

Great job guys.I hope our injured players can be back in the next week or two.The trip was well worth the cold rain and it's always good to say hi to a couple of my favorite coaches,they are part of a great staff that had the Tribe or {WARRIORS}as the big mouth called them,ready to play. One of my favorite players dad had to much fun mocking him with the DB {First down} thing,but I loved it.Just a great night and great showing by the Tribe.The refs were a lot better,I graduated with one of them,so I new atleast one would be fair and balanced.I thought we were the better team because of SH soft run defense going in,but really didn't think it would be quite that bad.24 was asking for it early for the Hill,and he got it.I'm sure their staff didn't see it,but DB was already fired up and it wouldn't have mattered tonight.Some of us had fun talking the talk early on but now it's time to wish the Toppers well and see what we can do in the big show.Roll Tribe and once again,good luck to the Hill.

DB wore SH out. Swafford left, Swafford right, Slaughter up the middle......dang! The topper D better get it together or they'll get crushed in the first round. DB looked good last night but I think they'll be in trouble when they play a Knoxville team and they stop Swafford and the run game. Good luck....