Signal appeal denied.

Rabble Rouser

......they did it to themselves and got caught. They trusted the coaches/administration of SM to save the 18yr old ha ha......(save him from what lol)and have been to 5 schools in 4 yrs so we all know they came to a small pond to be a big fish and now there on the bank with a hook in there mouth~~~~~i do hate it for the kids from the correct school zone that had there position taken or there senior year tarnished with this crap!!

Edited by 2seamfastball

you know it is pretty funny they said he was ineligable for the first 7 games but now all of a sudden he is able to play??sounds like sequatchie princple used his pull as a area rep for T$$AA to make sure they get to come in second in there district and can go to the playoffs!! go figure! IF you want to be the big dog in the district you should have to beat the big dog on the field not the office!!

Go Ahead and Gloat. Pile on as many haters as you can find. Won't matter to me. I'm done with CoachT. My son will be graduating soon and most likely moving on to UT. High School Football will mean as much to me as it did 4 years ago. NOT MUCH. I will continue to support the Eagles from the stands. But not on here. Time to move on. This is SMTNFAN signing off.

GO EAGLES!!

It is not Coach T's fault. No one to blame but the leaders of your school. Hope the best for your son.

The silver lining here is the mighty eagles won't have to be embarrassed by Greeneville in the playoffs and can face a somewhat depleted Devil defense next year.

Ouch. You know Barb I was looking forward to the matchup. You know before Greeneville gets overmatched by those greater then everyone, should be number one, all powerful bunch from Lexington.

Edited by plumb69

Go Ahead and Gloat. Pile on as many haters as you can find. Won't matter to me. I'm done with CoachT. My son will be graduating soon and most likely moving on to UT. High School Football will mean as much to me as it did 4 years ago. NOT MUCH. I will continue to support the Eagles from the stands. But not on here. Time to move on. This is SMTNFAN signing off.

GO EAGLES!!

Dont say I didnt warn you about that Childress man after he busted those Perry County boys. That Childress man is not going to tolerate this mess. I garuntee you when the TSAA makes up their mind, that is it. If that Childress man catches another team playing illegal players this year, he will make them miss the playoffs and their season will be over. You think im joking but im not.

I do not have a dog in this fight so I am not going to bash Signal Mtn. people or anyone else. I do not know who turned them in but if someone on the Board of Directors heard rumors should they not investigate? They have a process and they did what the membership pays them to do, they investigated. Where there is smoke there is fire. For all the Sequatchie County bashers out there, would it not be reasons enough out there to say that more teams had a lot to gain if SM was out? What about LFO? They lost two outstanding players, one to SM and one to South Pittsburg. Would it bother you as a coach if this was happening to your program? What about other high schools in Hamilton County, Brainerd and Howard? What about Cleveland? They knew they could not get the kid eligible without taking a risk. That is to name just a few.

My question to the TSSAA is where does this go next? You know it is other kids out there that are doing the same thing. I would foresee in the future that the rules better be clarified in this manner. Sooner or later there has to be a huge lawsuit since we are talking huge money for the school, lost reputation for coaches and administrators, and kids that are cought in the middle that did nothing wrong.

• Upvote 3

I do not have a dog in this fight so I am not going to bash Signal Mtn. people or anyone else. I do not know who turned them in but if someone on the Board of Directors heard rumors should they not investigate? They have a process and they did what the membership pays them to do, they investigated. Where there is smoke there is fire. For all the Sequatchie County bashers out there, would it not be reasons enough out there to say that more teams had a lot to gain if SM was out? What about LFO? They lost two outstanding players, one to SM and one to South Pittsburg. Would it bother you as a coach if this was happening to your program? What about other high schools in Hamilton County, Brainerd and Howard? What about Cleveland? They knew they could not get the kid eligible without taking a risk. That is to name just a few.

My question to the TSSAA is where does this go next? You know it is other kids out there that are doing the same thing. I would foresee in the future that the rules better be clarified in this manner. Sooner or later there has to be a huge lawsuit since we are talking huge money for the school, lost reputation for coaches and administrators, and kids that are cought in the middle that did nothing wrong.

Nice post.

Understand need to investigate, do not understand delay in notification. At hearing attorney basically said they were busy, they had more pressing matters. The wiping out of any team's playoffs, (much less a highly ranked team that won state) is certainly worth a 2 minute phone call.

Horse Hockey! :angry:

Nice post.

Understand need to investigate, do not understand delay in notification. At hearing attorney basically said they were busy, they had more pressing matters. The wiping out of any team's playoffs, (much less a highly ranked team that won state) is certainly worth a 2 minute phone call.

Horse Hockey! :angry:

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS POINT. A phone call to tell SM a possible investigation about eligibility would have been the thing to do. If this was done I am sure SM could have won the district game with Notre Dame, I believe, without the services of one person. This is the only thing that looks a little fishy about the whole deal. I bet if the TSSAA could do it over they would. I would think that if the TSSAA is even thinking of investigating anyone in the future this would be the correct thing to do. I believe they have enough staff people to pick up the phone.

The silver lining here is the mighty eagles won't have to be embarrassed by Greeneville in the playoffs and can face a somewhat depleted Devil defense next year.

ah shucks, babs, all the greene debils will need next year is $11,000+, some of yalls airtight paperwork and you all will have a home grown, honest as abe lincoln, brand new defense if you want. rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 2