South Pittsburg Pirates @ G.C.A.

RoyDillardJr

I just talked to GCA's athletic director, Johnny Cox, a nice man, and he said their efforts to get the game broadcast fell through. Of course our WEPG guys will be there, but it's awfully hard to pick up WEPG in Knoxville. I guess you home-bound guys will have to rely on texting and CoachT updates.

I will have to make an early prediction due to a busy week. Won't even be at the game unfortunately. I still say SP has more on the line to play for than Grace. If Grace wins their season is over, if they lose their season is over. If SP wins they host every playoff game at home til state, if they lose they drop to a #3 and have to travel everywhere after the 1st round. Pirates want this one bad so they can stay at home.

Pirates- 41

Rams-21

Your joking son. Not at the game? I cant believe it. You want to think that we are not going to ruin there perfect season. It will just be too much playing up there, but not so fast my friend. We have a lot on the line too. Pirates come out & give the Rams their first loss of the season.

Pirates - 45

Rams - 28

Granny Annie where have you been? I have been waiting on you to surface. Your Rams sure seem to be a real good team this year. I think they will provide a stiff challenge for South Pittsburg that will hopefully benefit them in the playoffs. Grace is a good team and will play hard, but the pirates are still coming. Should be a good one.

TAKE IT TO EM PIRATES TAKE IT TO EM :thumb:

I'd have to pick SP in a close one but I wouldn't be shocked either way. If it were a footrace,there would be no doubt.But its a football game and the name of the game for Grace is contain. These kids in Ktown have improved by leaps and bounds since they took their whipping 2 years ago. I think everyone will get their money's worth Friday night.

I'd have to pick SP in a close one but I wouldn't be shocked either way. If it were a footrace,there would be no doubt.But its a football game and the name of the game for Grace is contain. These kids in Ktown have improved by leaps and bounds since they took their whipping 2 years ago. I think everyone will get their money's worth Friday night.

Agreed.

You might be right Pugo. They might have done past our pirates up. One thing about it though. This is just a game to help you get ready for the playoffs. Win or lose, So.Pitt is advancing, but it would be nice to play at home. I'm curious what some of the Grace people that have seen us on film or in person think about our team? Will we be your toughest game or was Anderson Co and CAK better than us?

You might be right Pugo. They might have done past our pirates up. One thing about it though. This is just a game to help you get ready for the playoffs. Win or lose, So.Pitt is advancing, but it would be nice to play at home. I'm curious what some of the Grace people that have seen us on film or in person think about our team? Will we be your toughest game or was Anderson Co and CAK better than us?

I'm sure you have their FULL attention Pirate2003. They have not played a team like the Pirates,but that don't mean that CAK and Anderson Co is not as good.Just different type teams.CAK likes to throw it all over the field, SP will line it up and bring it. I'm sure they've played some running teams,but none that run it as effectively as you do.

I'm sure you have their FULL attention Pirate2003. They have not played a team like the Pirates,but that don't mean that CAK and Anderson Co is not as good.Just different type teams.CAK likes to throw it all over the field, SP will line it up and bring it. I'm sure they've played some running teams,but none that run it as effectively as you do.

That Jasper purple biscuit guy tells us our running game isn't anything special. We just hand off to a Jack Rabbit.

I have seen some news footage of the SP run game and it is impressive how big are those backs?? I will say however that dour defense has done outstanding shutting out all region opponents! We have played both styles of good teams and come out on tho Anderson county had a huge back who was suppose to run all over us untill he met our front 7. Get ready for the big time folks because this is lining up to be a heck of a game!:popcorneater:

Remember, we can't through the ball deep so feel free to line up 8 or 9 in the box.