Dyersburg @ Obion Central

Reelfoot72

Who do you think is strong in W. Tennessee. Our district is as soft as ever.. Haywood(worst team we have ever fielded) Crockett way down( worst in 15 years) Gibson Cty deplorable as usual(why do they play fb), Ripley worst team in 25 years, Dyersburg average (tho i believe has best team in district) Covington record better (but let's face it they're not that good), Obion (winning like Cov because of terrible opponents)Westview average @ best, Milan not nearly as good as in the past( as stated b4 lost to a decent 1A Huntington). Northside back to usual , JCM, Southside mediocre at best.Liberty & CC a little better, Lexington solid but not title contenders by any stretch. Brighton winning here but humiliated early in season 49-0 to Riverdale. Arlington winning here spanked in MT. Who do you see that is not down. Most of these are not just down but absolutely terrible this year..

im not sure where u draw ur line for west TN...but ill start at the top and go down i think...

henry county...far and away the best team this side of nashville and not in the private school division...undefeated...

dyer county...1 loss to TECH...not on the same level as HC...but closer than anyone else in the area...run, throw, D...they have it all and until they play HC in the post season they will continue to win

lexington...whether u like them or not...they are undefeated...yes they have flaws...more flaws than prolly any other undefeated team...but when it counts they still pull out the W...it would not be a surprise for them to make the state championship

huntingdon...west TNs best shot at a state title...there is no 1A team that can compete with them...and they will have to show it in the playoffs as theyll play perry, wayne and 1 other school with 1 loss in their quad...

humboldt is very good...good enough to make the semis...thats not down...

i cant believe im gona say this...but even adamsville is a quality team for 2A ball...they wont win it...but they will knock a good team or 2 out before they lose themselves...

ur right...milan is down...i dont think theyll beat whoever comes from 12AA...fairview and what not...

not every district is down...id stand to argue that 14AA is actually up for the 1st time in a long time...liberty had 1 deplorable game...1...it happens...most teams have at least 1...some have more...but they actually lost instead of coming back to win...it happens...u can hold it over them all u want...they also lost to 2 other undefeated teams that are ranked #1 and #2 in their classes...and they beat dyer co who is #4 in theirs...the polsters arent great...but they arent that bad either...

there will always be awful teams...it just so happens u get to see a lot of them in 13AA...but believe me there are plenty in east TN too...

when u say so and so lost to riverdale...i mean theyre undefeated and ranked 2nd in 6A man...its no shame to lose to them...

if ur only standard for a great team is winning the gold ball...then ur only true power is huntingdon and maybe henry county...dont be surprised if west tn has a few reps in the semis bentley...i bet we get at least 2 teams that deep if not 3 or 4...

ps lets throw usj in there as well...they are freakin good brother...yea u see some of the teams they played...but traditionally ecs and st georges are better...look what they did in those games...and had a chance to beat ecs...i think they will in the playoffs...and then just throw in the SS game for a minute...then compare what SS did in the rest of its games...usj was better than anyone they played...

just give it another week or 2 man and ull see the cream start to rise...of course...those in 1a and 2a get byes so give them 3 weeks

I saw Dyersburg last year and this year. There is no comparsion between the two teams. This year's version is far better than last year. The record shows it. I did see the Covington Game...the offense kept giving it away and the defense just ran out of gas in the 4th Qtr. This team is more disciplined, better on Defense in all phases. Secondary has a bunch of picks this year and can lay the wood. Offense has put up some big numbers this year. I would also say the takeaway margin is huge this year. Big Time play from the kicking game. The punter and the place kicker could be DI prospects...it might come down to the kicking game between these two schools.

I agree that Dburg is much improved and you can't compare them to last year's team, but I would have to guess their secondary hasn't faced a passing game as efficient as OC's.

This will not be a first round matchup. It was a good game tonight. There is no hiding it tho, the Trojans are a batter team than the rebels. Thats just how it is! As bad as i hate to say that!! Obion dug themselves and a hole early and couldnt dig out. If Obion's defense doesnt do some changing before next weekend, the playoffs will be a short stay. Dyersburg run-defense is beastly! Good job D-burg...Lets go Rebels! Get things fixed and come back ready to make some noise in Memphis!

LOUD NOISES!!! obion is gona win this game...15 to 11...no wait...maybe thats what each teams D gives up per game...obion 15...dyersburg 11...still obion wins...

--------------------------------------------------------------------"

dhstennis What'd you say ?? .. cant doubt em Trojans now .Trojan run D won this game ..Trojan O was lites out again...Rebels best get a D if they advnce in the playoffs

Good luck to 14AA in the playoffs my friend...

It is easy to stop then run when the defense is play Cover 0 a lot of the time. It allows the safeties to come up and help defend the run. The only negative is that is puts your CBs out on an island and OC picked them apart. However, OC couldnt stop the run or the rare pass and that was the difference in this game. Hats off to DHS, they were able to stop OC on the their first couple drives and that is all they needed. They came and played like this was their Superbowl. Job well done.

Great game tonight!!! Good to see OC can lose with dignity....but have one suggestion, someone needs to take that #9 Marcus Parr out to the barn and teach him some manners!!!

If your referring to the play where he tackled and hurt the d-burg running back, I could see where your coming from. However i dont think he realized he hurt the young man until he was closer to the sideline. When he realized the young man(number 5) was hurt, he went to a knee with the rest of the team. Im glad the fella was alright. Parr seems to be a cocky guy, but i dont beleive he would have celebrated like he did if he knew the d-burg back was hurt. I was not impressed with his tackling abilities for the most part anyways. Instead of wrapping guys up, he seems to always go for a strip and that in return allows the runner to gain more yardage. I say try to knock the ball out while in the process of tackling, but do not rely souly on stripping the ball. Rebels defense in general were poor tacklers in both the d-burg and covington games. Im sure alot of that were because both them schools have several fantastic backs, but theres not gonna be anyone that cares about that in the playoffs. YOU HAVE TO WRAP UP!! GO REBELS!!!