4A Playoffs Right Now

Gerry Bertier

After Friday, I don't see there being any 4 win teams making it in. Lipscomb will be the first 5 win team left out. South Side and Brainerd will also be 5 win teams left out, IMO.

I tried to take the T$$AA standings as of today, then update them for what I thought would happen Friday. I actually have Lipscomb winning Friday, but the tiebreakers will get them.

Some predicting, educating guesses, and flat out guesses. By no means am I claiming this is 100% accurate, just a prediction because I am bored at work today. :flower:

I believe the second criteria after the number of wins is the number of teams on your schedule who have won 50% of their games. If Lipscomb finishes with 5 wins, they'll have 6, or possibly 7 teams with 5 wins on their schedule. I don't see this being at the bottom for all 5 win teams in 4A. Is there something I'm missing?

Edited by sportsnutdad

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the second criteria after the number of wins is the number of teams on your schedule who have won 50% of their games. If Lipscomb finishes with 5 wins, they'll have 6, or possibly 7 teams with 5 wins on their schedule. I don't see this being at the bottom for all 5 win teams in 4A. Is there something I'm missing?

I really wish I hadn't deleted that spreadsheet I was using, but you are correct, I screwed that up.

#$&@#&(!)@*#()!$&*(!@#&

Lipscomb would be in. Hillcrest would be out.

My apologies.

Actually, Lipscomb and South Side would be in. Hillcrest and Scott Co. out.

Edited by Solomon

I just went back and looked at the TSSAA site and the playoff standings. Now I see how tight it is. It's going to be a dog-fight for a 5-5 team to make it in....and that's the way it should be. It should be an interesting night to say the least.

SS is most likely not getting in...havent checked the rest

There are 7 schools that southside has the potential to jump in the rankings if SS wins and those schools lose. If 3 of them lose then SS is in. Two of those schools play each other (Scott co and stone mem.) so one will lose. Hillcrest plays Mitchell so they will probably lose.

The other 4 are Sequoyah, east ridge, lipscomb, and Macon co.

If just one of those lose then SS should be in.

There are 7 schools that southside has the potential to jump in the rankings if SS wins and those schools lose. If 3 of them lose then SS is in. Two of those schools play each other (Scott co and stone mem.) so one will lose. Hillcrest plays Mitchell so they will probably lose.

The other 4 are Sequoyah, east ridge, lipscomb, and Macon co.

If just one of those lose then SS should be in.

What would that do to the quads?