CPA - Pearl Cohn

CPA4Ever

Pearl-Cohn at Smith County may be the best 1 seed vs 8 seed in the state next week.

No question. PC being an 8th seed is ridiculous. They are a Top 10 level 3A team that got penalized in the seeding for being in a killer district and playing a tough non-district schedule.

Will be a great game in Carthage. I will be there.

Easy to criticize after the FG block, but milking the clock prior to the kick was the right thing to do. Sometimes the right call backfires, but it was still right. You are ahead 10-7 with about 3 minutes left, kicking a FG. Even if you don't make it, you leave CPA 20-25 less seconds to score.

not criticizing PC ..even though i was not there to see PC win ....CPA winning meant more to me as a panther fan, as hard as it was for me to root for you guys ..i did, but from my point of view of this game, that was the point in the game that you kick it!! hit or miss PC still has the lead.. PC defense would have held CPA like it did most of the game ...once your running back #10 went out you guys pretty much had nothing offensive... id kick it 9 out of 10 times ..dont give other team time to prepare or pull out any tricks ..which you guys seemed to do after timeouts... this was PCs game to win ...they just didnt close it out. either way Maplewood still Kings of 10 AA.

ahhh yes good game!! good come back win for CPA ..PC let this one get away ..very tough loss after leading most of game ...not what i was expecting ..but still a good game ..PC "ices" own kicker with less than 3 min left giving CPA time to set up play on defense blocked return for td just like that??? i didnt get that one PC coaches should take the blame for this one.... oh well!!firebirds maybe next week!! :thumb:

Maplewood District 10 AA Champs again!!! Great job Panthers!!!!

Fleetwood!! ..Let the Playoffs begin!!!

not criticizing PC ..even though i was not there to see PC win ....CPA winning meant more to me as a panther fan, as hard as it was for me to root for you guys ..i did, but from my point of view of this game, that was the point in the game that you kick it!! hit or miss PC still has the lead.. PC defense would have held CPA like it did most of the game ...once your running back #10 went out you guys pretty much had nothing offensive... id kick it 9 out of 10 times ..dont give other team time to prepare or pull out any tricks ..which you guys seemed to do after timeouts... this was PCs game to win ...they just didnt close it out. either way Maplewood still Kings of 10 AA.

Disagree about the timeout, but that's OK. Congrats to Maplewood for a great year and District crown. Top 3 teams in 10AA were pretty equal and all very good. Should make some noise in playoffs. Good luck to Maplewood. I'll be pulling for them.

• Upvote 1

I don't know, but why do you ask?

Rumor I heard they do from a few different people. This surprises me especially cause from what I have known of Ingle Martin as a person and coach he wouldnt allow it or do it. He has always been a class act. Also CPA has high standards as well. Again I am not accusing CPA of this or saying they do but a few people have mentioned it. I doubt its true but I was surprised to hear it. Simply seeing if someone would clear the air.

Rumor I heard they do from a few different people. This surprises me especially cause from what I have known of Ingle Martin as a person and coach he wouldnt allow it or do it. He has always been a class act. Also CPA has high standards as well. Again I am not accusing CPA of this or saying they do but a few people have mentioned it. I doubt its true but I was surprised to hear it. Simply seeing if someone would clear the air.

I can tell you first hand this is not true. Coach Martin and his entire staff are first class. They are strong Christians and expect excellence from their players and fully respect them as young men. This goes for all CPA coaches men or women. Disrespect, foul language, etc is not part of the culture nor tolerated. CPA has come a long way from its humble beginnings 25 years ago and the next 10 years will be even better. Win or lose, CPA strives to honor the Lord in all they do.

Good luck to the Panthers in 4a. Run the table.

No question. PC being an 8th seed is ridiculous. They are a Top 10 level 3A team that got penalized in the seeding for being in a killer district and playing a tough non-district schedule.

Will be a great game in Carthage. I will be there.

Pearl-Cohn played MBA, Blackman, BGA, Maplewood and CPA.

According to some rating systems District 10AA is the toughest AA in the state.

Edited by coachrus