Overton Football

OffTheRecord

I saw the score this morning but what happened? I thought Overton was the best football team for the higher class in metro. Anyone have any details?

Overton worries more about its band than its football team. Between that and the completely different student body from even as few as 3-5 years ago, Overton is going down the drain.

They did start off strong this year. To get beaten by East Lit. is definitely a head scratcher.

I would not say that Overton cares more about the band than anything else. Some do but just as many still care about sports as those that care about the band. It is true that the student body has drastically changed over the years. However, it has been about the same the last five years or so. Overton is not going down the drain just yet. As long as Anderson is there they will be competitive at the least. You have to remember that they are still 7-3 which is better than most other teams in the state. They lost to rivals Father Ryan and Antioch. The East Lit game was a surprise but there have been a lot of distractions for the bobcats lately and add to that the fact that East Lit is a pretty good team that lost some very close games and there you have it. East lost to CPA by only about 7 points. It will be very interesting to see who the bobcats draw in the first round of the playoffs and what will happen in the off season.

• 2 weeks later...