District 9A

CoffeeBreak

Leverette is clearly one of the top 5 players in District 9A. At some point you lose credibility if you think he is not deserving of all-district recognition. Probably doesn't have the size to play post at the next level and doesn't have the speed or ball-handling skills to move to the wing. But for our single A district he is a force.

McClendon (spelling?) at Huntland is very, very good. He is a game-changer. I think #30 at Fayetteville may be the most athletic kid in the league (sorry, don't know his name). There are 3 to 4 guys that are worth mentioning as MVP. Don't know how the coaches will vote.

Tourney should be great fun as will be the last week of the season.

We are a brand new high school - we have 1 eighth grader, 4 9th graders, and 3 10th graders - #30 is Mr. Keith - a 9th grader and he is awesome!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday game schedule:

4:00 Forrest-Fayetteville

5:30 Huntland-Cascade

7:00 Community-Moore Co.

8:30 Eagleville-MTCS

The only major upset would be Forrest going down. All the rest are fairly even.

I wasn't planning on spending 8 hours in a gym on Saturday but these games should be good enough to do that. Every game could very well come down to the buzzer.

Keith is a very good player on a very talented team. A force to be reckoned with the next three years. Would expect them to be a middle of the pack team and two years from now contending for the title.

On another front, what has happened to Jake Leverette?

Two other young teams would be Unionville and Cascade. Unionville will lose Jake L. and Thurber but as i have always said they have better tallent than Leverette in Fanning and Simmons. Cascade is a team filled with 4 freshman, 8 sophomores, 1 jr. and 1 sr. Cascade starts 4 sophomores and one Senior. They will basically have the same team as this year with another year of expierance.

Since Leverette scored his 1000th point he has been quite, i had heard rummor that he and the coach were having issues and his playing time had been limited.

Forrest will have mostly Srs. next year. They should be the team to beat again, but Cascade, Community, and Fayetteville should strongly compete. Not sure about Moore Co. Doesn't MTCS have their best two players back? Huntland will miss Robertson alot! Eagleville will have to replace Kelley but you never know who will transfer in from Rockvale and Riverdale. Should be a much improved District next year.

Forrest will have mostly Srs. next year. They should be the team to beat again, but Cascade, Community, and Fayetteville should strongly compete. Not sure about Moore Co. Doesn't MTCS have their best two players back? Huntland will miss Robertson alot! Eagleville will have to replace Kelley but you never know who will transfer in from Rockvale and Riverdale. Should be a much improved District next year.

Cascade loses 1 Sr. who starts, #12 Marable

Community loses 3 Sr. 2 starters, #3 Thurber, 34 Leverette

Eagleville loses 4 Sr. 2 starters, #54 Crawford, # 10 Ghee. Kelly is just a Jr.

Fayetteville loses 0

Forest loses 3 Sr, 2 starters, #10 Ray, # 30 Hunter

Huntland loses 3 Sr, 1 starter, #1 Robertson

Moore Co. loses 3 Sr, 1 starter, #24 Williams

MTCS loses 3 Sr, 1 starter, #14 Farmer

As you can see the district is losing a lot of good tallent, but someone will step up and take these spots. I think the most impactable loss is Robertson from Huntland or Farmer from MTCS.

Fayetteville loses 0

As you can see the district is losing a lot of good tallent, but someone will step up and take these spots. I think the most impactable loss is Robertson from Huntland or Farmer from MTCS.

For MTCS they lose 3 of the 7 guys that get most of the minutes. Farmer will clearly be missed. The other 4 guys that are in the main rotation are 1freshman, 2 Soph and a junior. I think they will be a similar team next year.

Fayetteville loses 0

Is McClendon just a junior?

Will be very competitive next year.There will be some very good returning talent and some good 8th graders are on the way. The district has some very good coaches.

McClennon is just a Jr. From what I see Moore Co. is losing their best player and will be hurt the most.As mentioned earlier, Community has able players to replace their two losses. Farmer will be missed alot by MTCS. The district still should be better next year.