8. Clarksville Academy / 8-1 / 59 / 8 /

9. Gordonsville / 7-2 / 38 / 10 /

10. Sunbright / 7-2 / 37 / 9 /

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we will have to hear the " why not us", " till someone in 1A beats us". blah blah blah.

The author of that statement wasn't a Pirate fan, if you will look back. SP fans have learned that it all shakes out in the end and our position in a "in-season poll" means really nothing to us. You've heard the saying "Act Like You Been Here Before". That's us.

From Memphis Commercial Appeal:

1. Huntingdon (11) / 9-0 / 192 / 1 /

2. South Pittsburg (6) / 8-1 / 188 / 2 /

3. Wayne County (2) / 9-0 / 174 / 3 /

4. Perry County (2) / 6-0 / 145 / 4 /

5. Eagleville / 9-0 / 113 / 5 /

6. Coalfield / 8-1 / 106 / 6 /

7. Greenback / 7-1 / 84 / 7 /

Pegleg, can I post my pole and Murphy's pole to your little website you created here?

I guess we will have to hear the " why not us", " till someone in 1A beats us". blah blah blah.

And all we hear is we're number one were the best go ahead and give us the gold so blah blah blah. If the number one spot helps yall sleep better at night then that's wonderful. Sp doesn't

care what were ranked all we care about is the playoff seeding. So ride yall high horse as long as you can and when you get knocked off we'll make sure to send you several boxes of tissues so let's hear somemore blah blah blah. And please don't say anything about Milan everybody is tired of hearing about them. Just to make yall feel better congratulations to Huntingdon yall are ranked #1 for week 10 that's great. Make a statement prove some points tell us what have yall achieved? I can answer that NOTHING. You have one gold ball that's all. When you hear of the power house football teams in the state of tn Huntingdon is never mentioned because yall are not there sorry

Edited by oneyewilly

And before anyone gets on here and says sp is not a power house let me break it down for you

1a-sp

2a-trousdale county

3a-alcoa

should I even need to keep going and yes Tc was in 1a in the past and they were a power house team then and still are. And yes Huntingdon was in 2a in the past and never was a power house and they never have been in 1a and yes there are teams that I left out but I assure you Huntingdon was not one

Edited by oneyewilly

From Memphis Commercial Appeal:

1. Huntingdon (11) / 9-0 / 192 / 1 /

2. South Pittsburg (6) / 8-1 / 188 / 2 /

3. Wayne County (2) / 9-0 / 174 / 3 /

4. Perry County (2) / 6-0 / 145 / 4 /

5. Eagleville / 9-0 / 113 / 5 /

6. Coalfield / 8-1 / 106 / 6 /

7. Greenback / 7-1 / 84 / 7 /

Coalfield? and Eagleville? who are these teams? have they played anyone to have such good records?

Edited by LeggoStangs

And before anyone gets on here and says sp is not a power house let me break it down for you

1a-sp

2a-trousdale county

3a-alcoa

should I even need to keep going and yes Tc was in 1a in the past and they were a power house team then and still are. And yes Huntingdon was in 2a in the past and never was a power house and they never have been in 1a and yes there are teams that I left out but I assure you Huntingdon was not one

I will give SP props for being one of the very best programs in the state. However, if your going to say Huntingdon has never been a power you better come with some numbers. I will give you some just in case your unable to figure out how.

Since 1994, Huntingdon is 164-63. That is averaging over 9 wins a season. With 3 state championship appearances.

I don't know what your definition of a powerhouse is but in my opinion that qualifies. If all you believe qualifies are those with the most rings, then its just teams like Montgomery Bell, Dobyns Bennett, Maryville, Alcoa, and Brentwood. Those are the only teams in the state with more than 10 championships.

Oh and by the way, Huntingdon was one of the smallest 2A schools during that entire run. We were 10 students from being in 1A.

Edited by stangfan978