Region 7

werazzlin

Region 7 had a pretty respectable showing at individual and team state last year.

New Year and I believe Region will make more noise than ever before. In no particular order i am gonna try to preview each team.

Clarksville- is still top team in Region untill someone knocks them off. The return a whole mess of state qualifiers and are looking to continue the region dominance.

Dickson county- might have just as many returning state qualifiers and will challenge clarksville for the region title. Dickson has there own version of murders row. From 145-182 they are very tough. If they can get some good lightweights oooh boy!!They could represent the region

Northwest- lost a couple of real studs but were relativley young last year. I honestly dont know whole lot about Northwest...

Northeast- Lost Adriann Thomas it is hard to replace an Adrian Thomas. Other than that I dont know whole lot about Northeast...

West Creek- This team is gonna be the most improved in region. West Creek coaches and wrestlers will be working hard to climb up the regional ladder. Heard they have some transfers who will make this team stronger.

Sycamore- Is another team that is rapidly improving!! I believe the sycamore team will be small school representative if they can stay healthy. Some additions in coaching staff... and the hard working sycamore team is on the way to a very promising season.

Harpeth- Here is the thing about Harpeth... all of coach Woods wrestlers are tough. If they can get a full team and not have to forfeit they would be unbeatable. Coach Woods does an awesome job getting what he has to perform on the mat.

Rossview-Lost a great deal of tournament points.. all three of the upper weight guys are gone.. However Rossview gains a few old wrestlers who will make things inrtresting for them. This is a team to watch closley.

East Robertson-I honestly dont know anything about east robertson this time... coaches help.

Clarksville academy- Sharock Cobb... need we say more. His guys will be tough this year.

Greenbrier-Coach Jones is on way to instilling the toughness that he put into Springfield program. Greenbrier will be climbing and getting tougher each year he is there.

Fairview- I honestly do not anything about Fairview this preseason. Sorry coaches maybe someone can help out.

Creekwood- I know coach Hambrick had a real rough go of it for a couple of years there... Man i would not wish what he went through on anyone. But he still managed to get a team and get quality wrestlers on mat. New coach is word i am getting... We will see how new coach handles things at Creekwood.

Montgomery Central- Coach Maples always seems to have quality wrestlers. IF you wrestle against a coach Maples team you better be ready to bring it.

Kenwood-I honestly dont know anything about kenwood this year...maybe you coaches can help out.

Springfield- has been young for past few seasons. Springfield has good coaches and should be climbing the region 7 ladder starting this season.

White House-rapidly improving team and the numbers are growing each year as wrestling gets more popular in this football town. White House will field a full team again this year and will be much improved.

Cheatham County-coaching change here... Coach Boyd is back. Look for him to continue the Cheatham tradition. Coach Boyds teams in the past had deadly head locks.

Hendersonville-Hendersonville lost a whole ton of seniors... Whole bunch of seniors. However dont be fooled because coaches Bennett and Jackeal will have a quality team of wrestlers. I believe that Hendersonville will always compete for region titles. That program will reload. they never seem to have rebuilding years.

Beech- My Bucs... Beech lost alot of senior leadership. Lost alot of tournament points. Beech will be young and should be solid- full line up. Depends how hard the guys are wanting to work. However it is looking like Beech finally has numbers to have depth.. Maybe possibly two full lineups...

Time will tell how Region 7 does. I am just excited to start the season. Lets get things rolling. I also want to get more news about our region out there and hopefully will be able to individualize things a little more as season goes on...

• Upvote 1

Region 7 had a pretty respectable showing at individual and team state last year.

New Year and I believe Region will make more noise than ever before. In no particular order i am gonna try to preview each team.

Clarksville- is still top team in Region untill someone knocks them off. The return a whole mess of state qualifiers and are looking to continue the region dominance.

Dickson county- might have just as many returning state qualifiers and will challenge clarksville for the region title. Dickson has there own version of murders row. From 145-182 they are very tough. If they can get some good lightweights oooh boy!!They could represent the region

Northwest- lost a couple of real studs but were relativley young last year. I honestly dont know whole lot about Northwest...

Northeast- Lost Adriann Thomas it is hard to replace an Adrian Thomas. Other than that I dont know whole lot about Northeast...

West Creek- This team is gonna be the most improved in region. West Creek coaches and wrestlers will be working hard to climb up the regional ladder. Heard they have some transfers who will make this team stronger.

Sycamore- Is another team that is rapidly improving!! I believe the sycamore team will be small school representative if they can stay healthy. Some additions in coaching staff... and the hard working sycamore team is on the way to a very promising season.

Harpeth- Here is the thing about Harpeth... all of coach Woods wrestlers are tough. If they can get a full team and not have to forfeit they would be unbeatable. Coach Woods does an awesome job getting what he has to perform on the mat.

Rossview-Lost a great deal of tournament points.. all three of the upper weight guys are gone.. However Rossview gains a few old wrestlers who will make things inrtresting for them. This is a team to watch closley.

East Robertson-I honestly dont know anything about east robertson this time... coaches help.

Clarksville academy- Sharock Cobb... need we say more. His guys will be tough this year.

Greenbrier-Coach Jones is on way to instilling the toughness that he put into Springfield program. Greenbrier will be climbing and getting tougher each year he is there.

Fairview- I honestly do not anything about Fairview this preseason. Sorry coaches maybe someone can help out.

Creekwood- I know coach Hambrick had a real rough go of it for a couple of years there... Man i would not wish what he went through on anyone. But he still managed to get a team and get quality wrestlers on mat. New coach is word i am getting... We will see how new coach handles things at Creekwood.

Montgomery Central- Coach Maples always seems to have quality wrestlers. IF you wrestle against a coach Maples team you better be ready to bring it.

Kenwood-I honestly dont know anything about kenwood this year...maybe you coaches can help out.

Springfield- has been young for past few seasons. Springfield has good coaches and should be climbing the region 7 ladder starting this season.

White House-rapidly improving team and the numbers are growing each year as wrestling gets more popular in this football town. White House will field a full team again this year and will be much improved.

Cheatham County-coaching change here... Coach Boyd is back. Look for him to continue the Cheatham tradition. Coach Boyds teams in the past had deadly head locks.

Hendersonville-Hendersonville lost a whole ton of seniors... Whole bunch of seniors. However dont be fooled because coaches Bennett and Jackeal will have a quality team of wrestlers. I believe that Hendersonville will always compete for region titles. That program will reload. they never seem to have rebuilding years.

Beech- My Bucs... Beech lost alot of senior leadership. Lost alot of tournament points. Beech will be young and should be solid- full line up. Depends how hard the guys are wanting to work. However it is looking like Beech finally has numbers to have depth.. Maybe possibly two full lineups...

Time will tell how Region 7 does. I am just excited to start the season. Lets get things rolling. I also want to get more news about our region out there and hopefully will be able to individualize things a little more as season goes on...

I don't see much of a challenge again this year for the region's top spot. Dickson will represent the region, but as the #2 team to state duals. CHS will have a very good team this year.

Edited by deadlift

Unless someone has pulled a fast one on me I am pretty sure the coaching staff at Sycamore will be the same as it was last season. As far as I know nobody has been added to the staff. There are alot of rumors flying around that a former Head Coach was coming on as an assistant. I have not agreed to adding anyone. Period. I do know that someone tried to back door me out of my position this summer. You do the math.

Coach Roberts, Thanks for the plug, we at Sycamore would like to stay in the weeds if you know what I mean.

I tend to agree with you that Clarksville will be the team to beat. I think that even if Dickson gets some more great wrestlers (in the lower weight classes) that Dickson will be second in region 7. There is something about Clarksville that Dickson can't seem to overcome. I do remember last year's reegion championship match that the points weren't even close between the two teams. But I do seem to remember a good match in either the 119 or 125 weight class.

Edited by wrestlingfanatic

I tend to agree with you that Clarksville will be the team to beat. I think that even if Dickson gets some more great wrestlers (in the lower weight classes) that Dickson will be second in region 7. There is something about Clarksville that Dickson can't seem to overcome. I do remember last year's reegion championship match that the points weren't even close between the two teams. But I do seem to remember a good match in either the 119 or 125 weight class.

The Oliver vs Badon matches were exciting last year. I hope to see that match-up again this year.

If Dickson has a "Murders Row" from 145 to 182 then I wonder what we should call the CHS line-up? <_<

deadlift,

Since you know so much about Clarksville wrestling and feel they are going to be the team to beat in Region 7, tell us what you believe their line-up will be and how they will do in the state.

Dickson is improving and has since Coach Badon got there, however, you seem very confident in your team.

What is their line-up and how do you feel they will do in the state, especially when they wrestle the Chattanooga teams.

deadlift,

Since you know so much about Clarksville wrestling and feel they are going to be the team to beat in Region 7, tell us what you believe their line-up will be and how they will do in the state.

Dickson is improving and has since Coach Badon got there, however, you seem very confident in your team.

What is their line-up and how do you feel they will do in the state, especially when they wrestle the Chattanooga teams.

Can't speak for Deadlift and dont have a dog in the fight BUT........ CHS is the team to beat in Region 7 !

They always wrestle well. Did you watch them @ the State Duals? Dual matches early in the season

prepare the wrestlers for matches that matter. (The score may be close in the beg. of the season, but not at

the end) Good luck to Dickson, they will need it to beat CHS @ Regionals.

Edited by HSDAD
  • Upvote 1

deadlift,

You will not get a line-up out of me. I also realize Soddy and Cleveland will have good teams.