HS football coach in Memphis fired after this halftime rant (Audio NSFW)

AmosBearden

As I said on the other post, I do not condone the cussing, but what the man had to say, needed to be said. If you will tune out the language and listen to the message, you can clearly tell that this is a situation that has been ongoing, and he felt as though he had not gotten his message across to the boys. He even apologized to them for hollering, but said they wouldn't listen when he tried to talk to them like a grown up. Bottom line: discipline has left our homes today, and moms and dads send their kids to school and expect a teacher to educate their spoiled kids, even though no discipline is allowed by the teachers....they also expect a coach to take their spoiled little Johnny and make an athlete out of him, but don't dare tell Johnny the truth about his pitiful attitude and pitiful work ethics because that may scar him for life. I feel sorry for coaches today, they have the pressure to WIN or they will lose their job, yet when they try to get a point across to a bunch of pampered kids, they lose their job. Some of them are in a no win situation. Sounds to me like a bunch of spoiled kids that think they can just go out and have their picture made with the team, get a uniform, date a cheerleader, and that is what football is all about and they have no intentions on putting a whole lot more into it. Someone needs to find the one responsible for airing this and cram that phone about 12 inches where the sun don't shine and send them on their way.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said on the other post, I do not condone the cussing, but what the man had to say, needed to be said. If you will tune out the language and listen to the message, you can clearly tell that this is a situation that has been ongoing, and he felt as though he had not gotten his message across to the boys. He even apologized to them for hollering, but said they wouldn't listen when he tried to talk to them like a grown up. Bottom line: discipline has left our homes today, and moms and dads send their kids to school and expect a teacher to educate their spoiled kids, even though no discipline is allowed by the teachers....they also expect a coach to take their spoiled little Johnny and make an athlete out of him, but don't dare tell Johnny the truth about his pitiful attitude and pitiful work ethics because that may scar him for life. I feel sorry for coaches today, they have the pressure to WIN or they will lose their job, yet when they try to get a point across to a bunch of pampered kids, they lose their job. Some of them are in a no win situation. Sounds to me like a bunch of spoiled kids that think they can just go out and have their picture made with the team, get a uniform, date a cheerleader, and that is what football is all about and they have no intentions on putting a whole lot more into it. Someone needs to find the one responsible for airing this and cram that phone about 12 inches where the sun don't shine and send them on their way.

Amen!

Sounds to me like someone's little baby was not a team player and there is obviously much more ,than many of us are privy to, behind this. Could the coach have said all this without the language, sure but It fits the emotion and the time. Any of you out there that have ever played and been in a locker room at half time know how intense it can be. This coach was undoubtedly upset about things within the team and that is where it should have been left. I think this guy should put in for the Heritage High job out in Blount county. Shame on the one that broke this to the outside.

I have a question, but before I ask it I want to ask this... Was the cussing necesary? NO. Was the message necessary? YES evidently. Could he have got his message across without screaming and hollering? Probably NOT.

Did he admit his mistake? YES

Now that we know who made these statements and EXACTLY what was said...who in the world taped or recorded this? Why did he/she record this? What was his/her motivation for recording this? Don't you reckon there was some under lying reason for him/her to record this?

Edited by devilsden

I have a question, but before I ask it I want to ask this... Was the cussing necesary? NO. Was the message necessary? YES evidently. Could he have got his message across without screaming and hollering? Probably NOT.

Did he admit his mistake? YES

Now that we know who made these statements and EXACTLY what was said...who in the world taped or recorded this? Why did he/she record this? What was his/her motivation for recording this? Don't you reckon there was some under lying reason for him/her to record this?

:thumb:

The said he is at fault for his cussing and now the kid needs to step us and get his 15min of fame.

To me the real story is the Punk who was recording this on his cellphone instead of listening to the coach . If I was a Coach , there would be no cellphones allowed in the locker room .... period . Whoever did this was a Traitor .

There was an accusation on the other thread that it was another coach. And it was really specific . . . like they knew something. I have no idea if they did or not, but that puts a whole 'nother spin on it.