Why I love HS Football

MidTennFootball

So wow, we now enter the final week of the regular season of this great football season. For some of us, our favorite team is primed for a playoff run, and there are those of us who are not as fortunate, however I challenge every fan to pay homage to this great sport we all love and list something we love about HS football, I am going to get the ball rolling with my list of why I love HS Football...........

- It's the feeling of closing my eyes with the wind in my face hearing the band take the field

- It's the feeling of embracing fellow Oakland fans as the Patriots capped amazing turnarounds in 1998 and 2008, winning state championships

- It's the feeling of Oakland players coming back to school on their bus, only to be greeted by a caravan of car horns in celebration of their state championship

-Its the feeling of fellowship with strangers and friends, all congregating to honor the sport we love

- It's seeing a new generation of players seeing for themselves what it takes to not only be successful on the field, but to be successful of it as well: team work, discipline, hard work, and faith in each other.

- It's seeing these players step onto the field as boys, and leave the field as men

- It's seeing people come from all walks of life, all in support of the hometown team

- It's the feeling of a huge win over a crosstown rival

- It's the feeling of community, even for those of us that are now just there as alumni or fans

- It's the feeling that is no purer form of sport than High School Football. In college you play for the right to get drafted and in the pros you play for that big payday

- It's the feeling of hearing those pads pop after a whole summer of waiting.

- It's the feeling of making a drive to a championship

- It's the feeling of being blessed that we have so many men willing to sacrifice time with their family to teach a game to young men that they all love on the field, and help to mold these boys into men off the field.

- It's the feeling of having such a great place like coacht.com, that we can all discuss and have fun talking about this great sport.

Fellow CoachT posters, the floor is now yours. What in your mind makes this such a great sport?

• Upvote 1

So wow, we now enter the final week of the regular season of this great football season. For some of us, our favorite team is primed for a playoff run, and there are those of us who are not as fortunate, however I challenge every fan to pay homage to this great sport we all love and list something we love about HS football, I am going to get the ball rolling with my list of why I love HS Football...........

- It's the feeling of closing my eyes with the wind in my face hearing the band take the field

- It's the feeling of embracing fellow Oakland fans as the Patriots capped amazing turnarounds in 1998 and 2008, winning state championships

- It's the feeling of Oakland players coming back to school on their bus, only to be greeted by a caravan of car horns in celebration of their state championship

-Its the feeling of fellowship with strangers and friends, all congregating to honor the sport we love

- It's seeing a new generation of players seeing for themselves what it takes to not only be successful on the field, but to be successful of it as well: team work, discipline, hard work, and faith in each other.

- It's seeing these players step onto the field as boys, and leave the field as men

- It's seeing people come from all walks of life, all in support of the hometown team

- It's the feeling of community, even for those of us that are now just there as alumni or fans

- It's the feeling that is no purer form of sport than High School Football. In college you play for the right to get drafted and in the pros you play for that big payday

- It's the feeling of being blessed that we have so many men willing to sacrifice time with their family to teach a game to young men that they all love on the field, and help to mold these boys into men off the field.

- It's the feeling of having such a great place like coacht.com, that we can all discuss and have fun talking about this great sport.

Fellow CoachT posters, the floor is now yours. What in your mind makes this such a great sport?

I totally agree with ya...nothing better than high school football...Good luck to Th Oakland Patriots

Great Post :thumb:

• Upvote 1

I love the game because sometimes you witness the so-called impossible. It's when young men rise to the occassion to pull a major upset over a team that on paper is just flat out better. That's why they play the game and thank goodness they do.

I also love seeing when everyone stands for the national anthem. The band begins to play and the players stand in line with helmets in left arms and the right hand over the heart. If it's a windy night with the stars and bars flapping in the air it just adds to the goosebumps you already have.

Also nothing beats the band striking up the school's fight song on every score!

Good luck to everyone this Friday.

As a former player I now love: the smell of the freshly mown grass on a hot day just before practice begins. In the speed of light I am taken back to when I played and the feeling of stretching with my teammates just before practice. Practice = not so much fun but Practice also = one day closer to FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, the crowd, the noise, the game, the date after the game. Ah, the memories.

As a father of a current player I love: having a passion for something that my son has an equal passion for, something that he and I can discuss for hours on end, something that allows us to relate to each other on a level not often found in todays world of video games, cell phones, etc.... I love watching young men taking up the challenge of this great game that has been passed down from generation to generation. I love knowing that my son is forming great friendships and bonds with guys that can only be forged through common struggles, both physical & mental, from a sport like football which demands so much. I love knowing that he loves it too.

High School Football is a great classroom for young men to learn lessons about becoming a man, its a great venue for them to be tested both physically and mentally, and it provides a great stage to demonstrate to all who care to notice what all their hard work has been for. It provides me a moment of reflection on my own youth and then an opportunity to be thankful to the Lord Almighty to be blessed enough to watch my son walk out of the locker room towards the game field clad like a gladiator to participate in the greatest sport alive.

It doesnt get any better than high school football. There isnt much I dont like about it. A few favorites are watching my son and all his friends play the game that they have grown up playing together. The same kids I helped coach in Rec. league when they were so little they could barely stand up in all those pads, LOL. Now they are out there on the feild carrying their school, classmates, parents and community on their back to a victory and sometimes defeat. The band, the cheerleaders, the fans, the friends. Buying my season pass every year. Going to watch every single practice I can get to. The spring game, and passing league. Going to the concession stand at halftime and getting a dog and a coke. Taking over shoneys after the game and getting the breakfast bar with 50 to 100 other Mavericks. Coming home with my son at midnight and watching the game I just recorded and he just played in like neither 1 of us was even there. I could go on all night, but thats enough for now. Enjoy it folks, cherish every win or defeat. Be proud of your team no matter what. And remember. Those are just kids out there.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesnt get any better than high school football. There isnt much I dont like about it. A few favorites are watching my son and all his friends play the game that they have grown up playing together. The same kids I helped coach in Rec. league when they were so little they could barely stand up in all those pads, LOL. Now they are out there on the feild carrying their school, classmates, parents and community on their back to a victory and sometimes defeat. The band, the cheerleaders, the fans, the friends. Buying my season pass every year. Going to watch every single practice I can get to. The spring game, and passing league. Going to the concession stand at halftime and getting a dog and a coke. Taking over shoneys after the game and getting the breakfast bar with 50 to 100 other Mavericks. Coming home with my son at midnight and watching the game I just recorded and he just played in like neither 1 of us was even there. I could go on all night, but thats enough for now. Enjoy it folks, cherish every win or defeat. Be proud of your team no matter what. And remember. Those are just kids out there.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post AC22 like the last part..."their only kids out there"

• Upvote 1

I love high school football because of its simplicity. Nothing else matters for a few hours on friday night. You can tell when the young men gel and become one. Fair teams become good and good teams become great. Most of all its still about team achievement. Its the hightest level of competition at its purest level. No one will hold out for a better contract or a trade. Its the challenge that is faced and accepted. Where else can you see so much pride, determination, success and failure in one place?

Edited by milo118
  • Upvote 1

It's the fall air just starting to get crisp on a sunny day as players take the practice field...

It's the grass, which was fully green in August, turning yellow in November to signal you that the playoffs are here...

It's these senior nights coming up tomorrow, where players who have given their time, blood, sweat, and hearts to their schools and teammates for the past four years are honored as they step onto their home field for the last time...

It's the highest thrill of victory and the lowest feeling of defeat...both of which serve to turn these young players into men as they walk off the field and into the rest of their lives...

There is nothing like high school football, and there is nothing like a fall Friday night!