Best Arms in Triple A?

FieldGeneral

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a really long anwswer but here are the names off the top of my head.

Bramlett/Cox - Arlington

King/Sutton - Riverdale

Stone/Slatton - Columbia

Taylor - Farragut

Sheffields/Roepke - Tullahoma

Martin - Blackman

Swafford - Smyrna

There is a young kid at Bartlett that could surprise some people this year as well.

A Senior at Franklin County whose name escapes me right now who can get upper 80's but seems to get hit a lot. I think he is a cousin of Bryan Morris or maybe a little brother???

I am sure I have left a bunch out but that was off the top. Somebody else can fill in the rest.

Bramlett/Cox - Arlington

King/Sutton - Riverdale

Stone/Slatton - Columbia

Taylor - Farragut

Martin - Blackman

Swafford - Smyrna

There is a young kid at Bartlett that could surprise some people this year as well.

A Senior at Franklin County whose name escapes me right now who can get upper 80's but seems to get hit a lot. I think he is a cousin of Bryan Morris or maybe a little brother???

I am sure I have left a bunch out but that was off the top. Somebody else can fill in the rest.

Add both Sheffields from Tullahoma to the list!

I can think of a few. But I want to hear what you guys think.

It depends on what you mean by "arms." I've seen some good arms, but were not necessarily good pitchers. I saw a Freshmen for Oak Ridge last year hit 86mph, but struggled badly with location, and only got 1 win all season. I'll keep it to those that throw >85, have good location and are D1 prospects that I've seen this past year.

Drake Owenby of Powell(UT signee) has hit 90+ and is a lefty. Great kid, great pitcher. His brother Hagan isn't too far behind, and may turn out to be the better baseball player of the two.

Jordan Lane, a Junior this coming season with Oak Ridge, has a lot of D1 schools looking at him. He flirts with the 90mph club and has a great change-up, but what has scouts drooling is his sub 7 second 60 time and his vertical leap to go along with that arm. Lane is 6'1" and can dunk a basketball like someone 6" taller. He's not just an arm, but that all-around athlete full of fast-twitch muscle that scouts are looking for.

Taylor Durand of Anderson County has good stuff for a lefty, stands 6'3" or better, but may never see 90mph until he gets in a good strength and conditioning program.

Farragut always has aces, and this coming year will be no different. I expect Xander Taylor to dominate, and big Eric Freeman (Junior this coming season)to break 90mph routinely and step up his game.

I'm sure there are others in East TN that I haven't seen, but these 4 or 5 above are definitely good ones to watch this coming season.

I can't wait for the Columbia/Tullahoma series. Could be the best arms in the state on the same field.

Science Hill is returning a plethora of good pitchers from last year. Everyone talked about Daniel Norris last year, but Science Hill had 8 or 9 pitchers that would have been tops on most schools in Tennessee. Will Craig is a junior that throws in the 90s along with senior Matt Pope. Seniors Andrew Sweeney and Cody Campbell probably throw in the high 80s. Seniors Heath Lloyd and Bennett Blanton throw in the mid 80s.

Bramlett/Cox - Arlington

King/Sutton - Riverdale

Stone/Slatton - Columbia

Taylor - Farragut

Martin - Blackman

Swafford - Smyrna

A Senior at Franklin County whose name escapes me right now who can get upper 80's but seems to get hit a lot. I think he is a cousin of Bryan Morris or maybe a little brother???I am sure I have left a bunch out but that was off the top. Somebody else can fill in the rest.

I believe you are refering to Chevis Hoover

It depends on what you mean by "arms." I've seen some good arms, but were not necessarily good pitchers. I saw a Freshmen for Oak Ridge last year hit 86mph, but struggled badly with location, and only got 1 win all season. I'll keep it to those that throw >85, have good location and are D1 prospects that I've seen this past year.

Drake Owenby of Powell(UT signee) has hit 90+ and is a lefty. Great kid, great pitcher. His brother Hagan isn't too far behind, and may turn out to be the better baseball player of the two.

Jordan Lane, a Junior this coming season with Oak Ridge, has a lot of D1 schools looking at him. He flirts with the 90mph club and has a great change-up, but what has scouts drooling is his sub 7 second 60 time and his vertical leap to go along with that arm. Lane is 6'1" and can dunk a basketball like someone 6" taller. He's not just an arm, but that all-around athlete full of fast-twitch muscle that scouts are looking for.

Taylor Durand of Anderson County has good stuff for a lefty, stands 6'3" or better, but may never see 90mph until he gets in a good strength and conditioning program.

Farragut always has aces, and this coming year will be no different. I expect Xander Taylor to dominate, and big Eric Freeman (Junior this coming season)to break 90mph routinely and step up his game.

I'm sure there are others in East TN that I haven't seen, but these 4 or 5 above are definitely good ones to watch this coming season.

I really like Lane from OR. Not sure he throws over 82 or 83 but he is a great kid. I saw a kid from Bearden this weekend that threw 88 several times on a scouts radar gun...not sure of the name. Hill from Karns fits the crafty lefty mold low 80's, good change-up.

I really like Lane from OR. Not sure he throws over 82 or 83 but he is a great kid. I saw a kid from Bearden this weekend that threw 88 several times on a scouts radar gun...not sure of the name. Hill from Karns fits the crafty lefty mold low 80's, good change-up.

Lane went to WKU (Hilltoppers) showcase last weekend; was 83-84 consistently, hit 88 once. Again, he just turned 16 in June, so it's not his speed now (which is still impressive), but rather what it might be before he's done growing and filled out. He'll be at the Lee University showcase this coming weekend...that looks like a good one if everyone comes that they say is coming.

I like Hill too; I much prefer watching the crafty pitchers get the W over the MPH pitcher. But I've talked to a lot of scouts, and most all have told me the same story; you can't teach speed as easily as control. Most coaches want the raw athleticism that they can mold (or at least think they can)over a kid that gets it done with his craftiness and control. That's why a Daniel Norris (Science Hill) type will go much earlier in the draft over a Phillip Pfeifer (Farragut) type, but when you look at the W-L, you gotta respect the W's that true competitors like Pfiefer put up.

Lane went to WKU (Hilltoppers) showcase last weekend; was 83-84 consistently, hit 88 once. Again, he just turned 16 in June, so it's not his speed now (which is still impressive), but rather what it might be before he's done growing and filled out. He'll be at the Lee University showcase this coming weekend...that looks like a good one if everyone comes that they say is coming.

I like Hill too; I much prefer watching the crafty pitchers get the W over the MPH pitcher. But I've talked to a lot of scouts, and most all have told me the same story; you can't teach speed as easily as control. Most coaches want the raw athleticism that they can mold (or at least think they can)over a kid that gets it done with his craftiness and control. That's why a Daniel Norris (Science Hill) type will go much earlier in the draft over a Phillip Pfeifer (Farragut) type, but when you look at the W-L, you gotta respect the W's that true competitors like Pfiefer put up.

What about John Marc Shelly and Victor Cole? What district are they in?