Metro Coaching Carousel

OffTheRecord

He may be putting a staff together, but I promise you no one has been offered the job.

Clayton probably is getting everything together in case he is offered and he can hit the ground running, unlike at FHS where they are still putting a staff together.

Like I said I would put a nice Ruth Chris's Steak Dinner bet on this FACT.

So getting everything together as in holding these interviews at Hillsboro and saying that he is the new head football coach during interviews held on school grounds???? The job has been offered to Clayton and he has accepted. It may not be official through Metro and you may be right in that the big wigs may want a minority coach. But I can assure you that Clayton has been offered and has accepted the job from Shrader.

So getting everything together as in holding these interviews at Hillsboro and saying that he is the new head football coach during interviews held on school grounds???? The job has been offered to Clayton and he has accepted. It may not be official through Metro and you may be right in that the big wigs may want a minority coach. But I can assure you that Clayton has been offered and has accepted the job from Shrader.

Really shocked if this is true. I was a big fan of Clayton's at FHS until I have learned what really went on. He will be at Hillsboro for a very short time. He might and probably will win several games, but when he leaves and if Shrader is still the principal he will sit back and and wish he had not made this hire. Just remember that I said this. Hillsboro may like this now, but they will wish that this hire never happened. Hillsboro fans just know what you are getting into here. He will promise you many things but when his time is gone you will look around and say what the **** just happened.

Really shocked if this is true. I was a big fan of Clayton's at FHS until I have learned what really went on. He will be at Hillsboro for a very short time. He might and probably will win several games, but when he leaves and if Shrader is still the principal he will sit back and and wish he had not made this hire. Just remember that I said this. Hillsboro may like this now, but they will wish that this hire never happened. Hillsboro fans just know what you are getting into here. He will promise you many things but when his time is gone you will look around and say what the **** just happened.

:popcorneater:

After this season at Franklin you will be wishing you had Clayton back at the helm.. Hahaha

Can you elaborate? Or seeing how everyone likes to make vague and unsupported statements on this website the better question is

Will you elaborate?

I've got a feeling you might give me a #1 yes, #2 No answer. I hope I'm wrong because I am sure there are a lot like me who would like to know.

I find it amazing that a "FHS fan" comes on to a Metro board to bash its former coach. For what purpose?? I am embarrassed these days for the Rebels. Your principal got what she wanted, firing a proven quality coach that won consistently at a school with shrinking talent. Is that not good enough for you that you have to kick someone out the door? There was a FHS board that just opened that wanted a legitimate discussion on the future of FHS football, the naming of the assistants and what Donnie has planned. ZERO replies. That is the state of FHS football thanks to WD and folks like you. You would rather bash than support your school. Then you have one of your coaches, Hoganknows (Winkler) chuckling here. Nice example for our players. We oldtimers out here in Franklin aren't so dumb.

I got an idea! Start a FHS board about efforts to KEEP the winning tradition. Donnie is already knocking heads with his employer about being stuck with current assistants. Down the Parkway, we hear that he cannot fill key slots (Offense anyone??). Could it be that you are afraid of having Clayton still in our region??? Trust me. we, real rebels, will have our hands full next year coming close to 8-4. Even so, we need to support them and one way is to focus on our team and let Clayton and the past go. It is really sheds a bad light on FHS.

It is taking a very long time for a coach to be named. If Clayton has been offered the only reason for delay is for hiring of assistants. If another coach is being named then it has to be meeting board requirements for hire.Maybe no candidate wants the job after spending a day in the building and seeing facilities.

The Fork is wrong along with sandpiper and workinprogress.

No one has been offered the job, we are seeing the classic example of what is wrong with Metro schools. The central office wants a minority in the position (Law) while the principal of the school wants Clayton. All parties are in a wait and see mode. Shrader is finding out it is more difficult than expected to build a successfull athletic program at Hillsboro.

Sorry, the Pipers source is 'workinprogress'. lol

If I am wrong then why is Clayton already putting together his staff? Why is he conducting interviews for his new coaches? To my knowledge, Hillsboro has never had a minority head football coach. Shrader knows Metro. He isnt finding anything out that he did not already know.

I would guess that any coach that MAY be getting a new job should have a staff in mind. Anyone can interview anyone at any time. Who's to say that Law isn't interviewing coaches for postitions as well. Doesn't mean that he is the coach. What does Hillsboro never having a minority coach has to do with anything. Wasn't Moreno a minority coach? I think so. You're either white or a minority in this country.

I would guess that any coach that MAY be getting a new job should have a staff in mind. Anyone can interview anyone at any time. Who's to say that Law isn't interviewing coaches for postitions as well. Doesn't mean that he is the coach. What does Hillsboro never having a minority coach has to do with anything. Wasn't Moreno a minority coach? I think so. You're either white or a minority in this country.

Very true I was actually thinking past Moreno. Hillsboro never having a minority coach (until Moreno) had to do with Indy saying that MNPS wants a minority coach. Moreno was the first and he did not last very long. You are right about anyone interviewing and at any time. However, it is fairly common knowledge that Schrader wants Clayton and Clayton wants the job. I do not know what the hold up is but my guess is finding assistant coaches. The other finalist that I have heard is the guy from BA/Franklin. Law was not mentioned until very late. I would think that if Metro wanted a minority coach they might go with Brunetti from PC, MF from SC, or RT former Maplewood coach instead of Law. Just my opinion. Who knows what will happen. Spring is approaching and if a new head coach has not been named unofficially then time is a wasting for the burros. East Lit, CR, and even Brentwood already have coaches. Indy where are you getting your info from? My source is Piper!!!

Just for kicks, giggles, and as mater of fact Moreno is a minority. But the question is who REALLY is the new coach at Hillsboro? Only if the Shadow knew the Fork then all would be known and told! LOL!

Fortitudine Vincimus!

-Feng Huang

I find it amazing that a "FHS fan" comes on to a Metro board to bash its former coach. For what purpose?? I am embarrassed these days for the Rebels. Your principal got what she wanted, firing a proven quality coach that won consistently at a school with shrinking talent. Is that not good enough for you that you have to kick someone out the door? There was a FHS board that just opened that wanted a legitimate discussion on the future of FHS football, the naming of the assistants and what Donnie has planned. ZERO replies. That is the state of FHS football thanks to WD and folks like you. You would rather bash than support your school. Then you have one of your coaches, Hoganknows (Winkler) chuckling here. Nice example for our players. We oldtimers out here in Franklin aren't so dumb.

I got an idea! Start a FHS board about efforts to KEEP the winning tradition. Donnie is already knocking heads with his employer about being stuck with current assistants. Down the Parkway, we hear that he cannot fill key slots (Offense anyone??). Could it be that you are afraid of having Clayton still in our region??? Trust me. we, real rebels, will have our hands full next year coming close to 8-4. Even so, we need to support them and one way is to focus on our team and let Clayton and the past go. It is really sheds a bad light on FHS.

Funny stuff, that.