TSSAA Playoff Process Is The Biggest Joke Ever

TheAmbassador

Ridiculous that Riverside finishes the season 4-6 and not only makes it in the playoffs but gets a bye and home field advantage in the semi-finals.

You can thank Brentwood High and Franklin High for that!..as district champs and district runner-ups last year...they both traveled in the 1st round last year...thus...now District champs get 1st priority in seeding....runner-ups get 2nd priority.

They need to get that Carter man to come back and use his playoff system. I like that Childress man, but his playoff system is not as good as that Carter mans system. I have talked to this Childress man several times on the phone. I told him that he should use that Carter mans playoff.

I'm hoping this post is tongue in cheek.

This is Ronnie Carters plan.....

Guest Purplepastry

The heart of the problem lies in the attempts to make it fair for everyone. I maybe old school but I believe that sports is about competition and may the best team win. Whenever you remove competition winning the championship means less. I think this hurts small school the most. SP winning a state title today is not equal to the one they got in 1969 because they had to beat better competition in the old days. Marion County will never have the opportunity to win a historic game like they did against Brentwood by today’s rules. By removing the privates and making more divisions it is easier to win now and therefore means less, just as a dollar today is not worth what is was in the past due to inflation. That is why there are all these terrible playoff games in the early rounds, lots of teams that shouldn’t be there. It didn’t used to be that way. I personally prefer taking on all comers and having to beat the best to be the best. Any time you hear someone talking about making it fairer what they are really saying is let’s remove the competition and make it easier. Too many mamas in control now.

The heart of the problem lies in the attempts to make it fair for everyone. I maybe old school but I believe that sports is about competition and may the best team win. Whenever you remove competition winning the championship means less. I think this hurts small school the most. SP winning a state title today is not equal to the one they got in 1969 because they had to beat better competition in the old days. Marion County will never have the opportunity to win a historic game like they did against Brentwood by today’s rules. By removing the privates and making more divisions it is easier to win now and therefore means less, just as a dollar today is not worth what is was in the past due to inflation. That is why there are all these terrible playoff games in the early rounds, lots of teams that shouldn’t be there. It didn’t used to be that way. I personally prefer taking on all comers and having to beat the best to be the best. Any time you hear someone talking about making it fairer what they are really saying is let’s remove the competition and make it easier. Too many mamas in control now.

Well, I agree with the purple pastry man on this one. I would like to see an A, AA, AAA, AAAA system with AAAA made up of the big DII schools and gi-normous public schools (1500+ students) and big open enrollment schools. A, AA, AAA could be balanced out on enrollment. AAA cold have some of the smaller DII schools. Some of those DII schools couldn't compete even before going DII like Kings Academy and St Andrews-Sewanee. I think going DII for them was a status symbol.

Guest Purplepastry

Well, I agree with the purple pastry man on this one. I would like to see an A, AA, AAA, AAAA system with AAAA made up of the big DII schools and gi-normous public schools (1500+ students) and big open enrollment schools. A, AA, AAA could be balanced out on enrollment. AAA cold have some of the smaller DII schools. Some of those DII schools couldn't compete even before going DII like Kings Academy and St Andrews-Sewanee. I think going DII for them was a status symbol.

I like this system. As it is right now nobody cares who wins DII except the participants and the publics lose out on competing against some of the best teams and players in the state. I would add one thing. It would be cool to have classifications based on both enrollment and give schools greater freedom to change classification based on their competitiveness. I would like to see a system in which perennial powers would have the opportunity and incentive to move to higher classifications and perennial muffins that have demonstrated a history of ineptitude could chose to be moved down.

I like this system. As it is right now nobody cares who wins DII except the participants and the publics lose out on competing against some of the best teams and players in the state. I would add one thing. It would be cool to have classifications based on both enrollment and give schools greater freedom to change classification based on their competitiveness. I would like to see a system in which perennial powers would have the opportunity and incentive to move to higher classifications and perennial muffins that have demonstrated a history of ineptitude could chose to be moved down.

PurplePastry, let me ask you a question. Has that Zieglar man interviewed anybody to take that Beck mans place? Would you please tell that new coach to send their survey in. That Beck did not fill out his survey a few years while he was their and I think it made that Zieglar man real mad. You think im joking but im not.

Guest Purplepastry

PurplePastry, let me ask you a question. Has that Zieglar man interviewed anybody to take that Beck mans place? Would you please tell that new coach to send their survey in. That Beck did not fill out his survey a few years while he was their and I think it made that Zieglar man real mad. You think im joking but im not.

As I recall you said the Boeck man failed to send in the survey 2 years ago (my memory may be faulty as it was a while ago and it hasn't been mentioned since) and the Ziegler man was not the AD yet so I doubt he was upset about that. I am sure the first priority of any one that the Ziegler man puts in charge will be to complete the survey. Maybe you should put in for the job there Roy. Lord knows it wouldn't hurt to have a genius for a coach.

As I recall you said the Boeck man failed to send in the survey 2 years ago (my memory may be faulty as it was a while ago and it hasn't been mentioned since) and the Ziegler man was not the AD yet so I doubt he was upset about that. I am sure the first priority of any one that the Ziegler man puts in charge will be to complete the survey. Maybe you should put in for the job there Roy. Lord knows it wouldn't hurt to have a genius for a coach.

You guys realize that Beck man was actually the janitor at SP when he went up there to coach Jasper don't you?

Guest Purplepastry

You guys realize that Beck man was actually the janitor at SP when he went up there to coach Jasper don't you?

No, I didn't know that specifically but I understand that he was typical of the leadership over there and was one of the more credentialed ones.