kingston@polk county

jacketfan82

Good luck to our fellow district team, Kingston. The Jackets have play makers on both sides of the ball. If they get on a roll watch out. I expect Polk to have a very physical team like last year, and to play hard for 4 quarters, so RCHS will have their work cut out for them. Represent our district well Jackets!

Kingston 21 Polk 14

Polk is nowhere near as physical this year compared to last and not as athletic, but they are kind of Jekyl and Hide also, some of thier young players are improving on the defensive side of the ball and thier qb has some ability, Akins is his name, but if you stop Saxe you stop them. Even after all that I think they have a shot at winning this game.

Kingston will need a full team effort to pull this one off this week, especially with losing #22 for the game. The line has seemed to pull together over the last few weeks and the defense is very much improved. The problem with this team is that they have several very good weapons, but those weapons tend to be worried about personal stats verses what is best for the team. Whining and crying about not getting enough carries or touches.

If each "weapon" can ever learn to play as a team, this team could go very deep in the playoffs this year.

For Kingston it's all about turnovers. When they played CAK, they were up 7 at halftime and were getting the ball to start the second half. They proceeded to urn the ball over on three of their first five snaps of the second half and four times in the third period alone. CAK turned all the turnovers into points and the rout was on.

Even last week at Loudon, Kingston built a 21-3 lead but turned the ball over on their final two possessions of the half and then opened the second half with two more possessions. If they turn the ball over four times against any opponent from here on out they will get beat.

Kingston's offense is very good with balance from a senior-laden line and all six skill guys being seniors.

So to me, Kingston's main priority better be taking care of the football because it's awful hard to score without it.

I have a feeling if both teams hang on to the ball and limit penalties then this could be one of the best first round games in the state this week.

hey patriot,us robbie out for the game now? i heard he may give it a try,and if we play like we did last wee,as a TEAM,then i like the chances,and thanks for the kind words from cak,yall will roll into the 2nd round without a problem,maybe well c yall again,get some nanner puddin.

Haven't heard for sure but if reports are true, at best he would be at 60% and one hit and he's out of the game. Tough decision I know for him. Don't wish this on any kid and have gone through this myself. Senior football player, basketball player, and planned on playing baseball this year as well. Play with a knee injury with the very likely hood of hurting it worse and missing the remaining sports season, or having the knee repaired and possibly having the opportunity to play baseball. Tough call for a 17-18yr old kid.

Polk is nowhere near as physical this year compared to last and not as athletic, but they are kind of Jekyl and Hide also, some of thier young players are improving on the defensive side of the ball and thier qb has some ability, Akins is his name, but if you stop Saxe you stop them. Even after all that I think they have a shot at winning this game.

Saxe had less than 30 yards against Signal Mountain, a 36-35 Polk Co. win.

If Polk comes out like they did against Meigs and Signal then they have a real good chance to move on. But like someone said they have great games then not so great games. I think Coach Davis and his staff will have them ready to play come friday night. On the Saxe subject yes Signal held him to 30 yards but when we needed those tough short yards Saxe was the one they called on. Akins is a good player also and the defense is pretty good. From what I have read if Kingston turns the ball over its going to be a long night. Looking forward to this game and Polk play with that Heart and Pride you are known for. Kingston fans have a safe trip to Benton friday night. Hope for a great game and a injury free game.

So that means that Polk has more than Saxe if he only had 30 yards. Your statement does not make sense. Signal obviously stopped Saxe and did not win?

I was using the SM game to prove Polk does have more than Saxe. You'll notice I quoted anotherback, highlighted his statement about stopping Saxe, then used the SM game to disprove that statement.