Greeneville Vs. Scott County

DevilMan03

Who wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Greeneville?
    • Scott County?

..............................................................................It really takes a good team to make it that far.In 3A,it's always Alcoa,but their down a tad.However you always have another two teams stand up where they were if this isn't their year.Local 2A has Hampton but they have a lot of really good teams to deal with.5A is a monster in east TN this year just to get past Knoxville.6A is the Monsters bigger, two headed brother. Greeneville is in a good place at the right time.It has worked out perfect with Redbank and some of those teams being off just a little,and it stinks the Devils didn't finish two years ago.A lot of work must be done before the Devils win it all,but there are not but a handful of teams that have finished 2ed and won a title over the last couple of years.Best thing in this part of the state since TH about forty years ago.If the run comes to an end,Greeneville has done something most teams in NET will only dream about for the next forty years.

When I read your post, I can’t help but thankful that teams like DB now have to worry about playing Maryville every post season and not teams like Greeneville. Then, you throw in the fact that Morristown West was one of the few teams capable of beating Maryville at that time, and it makes you realize that Greeneville’s road in the playoff was brutal in the old classification (especially when you consider how much smaller Greeneville is than the teams in the old 4A). GHS had some success in that old system (two semifinal appearances and had a lead on Maryville early in the game during the first meeting). Considering all that, I’m so glad that we are playing in a division now that allows everyone in the state to finally realize that Greeneville has one the best “pound for pound†programs in the state.

Edited by GvilleDevilsFan

I know it has been tough to stay focused through the conference schedule, but this is what you work for all year. I hope to see the Greene Devils come out fired up Friday night, and ready to prove that they are here to defend their championship.

Let's keep it rolling cause I can't make it back to Greeneville 'til Thanksgiving.

Well its playoff time and i suppose now is the time for us to be most honest so here goes . Good luck GreeneVille and bring another gold ball back to this fine town . You guys have worked your butts off for a few years now and it is paying off and it shows every Friday .

Good luck to all the county schools as well... would be nice to see them make it far in the playoffs.. :flower:

When I read your post, I can’t help but thankful that teams like DB now have to worry about playing Maryville every post season and not teams like Greeneville. Then, you throw in the fact that Morristown West was one of the few teams capable of beating Maryville at that time, and it makes you realize that Greeneville’s road in the playoff was brutal in the old classification (especially when you consider how much smaller Greeneville is than the teams in the old 4A). GHS had some success in that old system (two semifinal appearances and had a lead on Maryville early in the game during the first meeting). Considering all that, I’m so glad that we are playing in a division now that allows everyone in the state to finally realize that Greeneville has one the best “pound for pound†programs in the state.

It was even worse before there was four classifications.Greeneville was in 3A with all the biggest schools from around the state.Maryville was just a very good 2A team then and not near as mean as they would get.Teams like Oak Ridge and Tennesssee High were not only winning state titles but both won a national title.DB was a monster as well and Greeneville was lucky to ever challege for a conference title before the IMAC.Then Jeff CO had some great teams in the eighties.I didn't like the ideal at first,but moving into this class was the fair thing for Greeneville.

It was even worse before there was four classifications.Greeneville was in 3A with all the biggest schools from around the state.Maryville was just a very good 2A team then and not near as mean as they would get.Teams like Oak Ridge and Tennesssee High were not only winning state titles but both won a national title.DB was a monster as well and Greeneville was lucky to ever challege for a conference title before the IMAC.Then Jeff CO had some great teams in the eighties.I didn't like the ideal at first,but moving into this class was the fair thing for Greeneville.

BatmanDB, what GHS learned those years playing the powerhouses was how to "HIT". It was either "HIT" or be hit. Even the smaller teams in the 80's had a chance to win due to our toughness. I promise you this, when you played GHS, you woke up the next day sore. These boys have taken it to the next level though with the appropriate weight training, speed and agility drills. They are very impressive.

BatmanDB, what GHS learned those years playing the powerhouses was how to "HIT". It was either "HIT" or be hit. Even the smaller teams in the 80's had a chance to win due to our toughness. I promise you this, when you played GHS, you woke up the next day sore. These boys have taken it to the next level though with the appropriate weight training, speed and agility drills. They are very impressive.

I agree.The hardest I ever got hit was in practice BY A 170 pounder that would play for ETSU..The weight program and drills have taken the Devils on up.The only down side is just like the Alcoa and Maryville program.When Greeneville doesn't contend for the state it will be a down year.Wow ! what a down side to have.