Wayne County @ Huntingdon

tricklician

Huntingdon is faster Wayne Co is more Physical. If WC can contain the speed around the corner they will be fine.

I would agree that WC does a better job of defending the pass than Huntingdon. However, running the ball is all about lining up and being more physical than the other team. I know WC scored 21 on PC, how many yards did they have rushing?

This week should be a good match up between teams that like to run the ball first, pass if they need to.

That's fine. That's why its a opinion. And mine is that Wayne Co. will be the best team Huntingdon has faced all year.

We will get to find out next Friday night. PC had the same opinion but that one was proven incorrect. There is no doubt in my mind that WC is a much better team than PC. Are they the best Huntingdon has seen this year? I would put them in the mix of the best 3 teams we have played.

jtown28, imho, I don't think WC will be as tough as milan. It is easy to say when you haven't played them.

Bragging about Milan won't get you very far on this thread. Milan means about as much to WC fans as Lewis County and Mt. Pleasant means to yall. Outside of West Tennessee, Milan is perceived as the team that whips up on "great" west tennessee teams only to lose to the best East/Middle teams every year.

Huntingdon did play a better schedule this year - Wayne County's schedule wasn't that great - but I don't think there's as much difference as yall let on. The fact that Riverside, Union City (who WC also played), and West Carroll are in the quarterfinals this year illustrates everything that is wrong with our playoff system rather than how great Huntingdon is. In fact, looking at your schedule, I would argue that you only played 2 very good to great teams this year in Milan and Dresden. Camden was a deceptively weak team that slipped by a lot of mediocre teams (they only beat Bruceton 14-0 and Montgomery Central 29-28, I mean come on), and this was the worst McKenzie team I've saw in 10 years - they got 35+ points dropped on them in 3 of their last 4 games.

I think the game will be a lot closer than most of the Huntingdon posters seem to expect.

We will get to find out next Friday night. PC had the same opinion but that one was proven incorrect. There is no doubt in my mind that WC is a much better team than PC. Are they the best Huntingdon has seen this year? I would put them in the mix of the best 3 teams we have played.

Lol in the mix of the best 3. I'm not going to argue about it like Perry Co. did all last week. You guys will see soon enough that Wayne Co. is the best team you have seen all year. And the last team you guys see all year. It will be a barnburner. Wayne Co. 28-21

First, once again I wasnt dissappointed in the offense that I love to watch. The reason that I follow Coach Swenson and this offense is because NOBODY runs this stuff anymore. Its the same offense that I ran when I was in high school a while ago.

Observations of the game:

Huntingdon last night went with a straight ahead approach, a tiny bit different than the tradional 'try to fool you" that the head usually puts into place. 90% of the time Perry Co defenseive lineman were being driven back and couldnt make the tackle because somebody was in their face very often. I thought Perry Co keyed to much on the QB for Huntingdon and that allowed the #15 or #44 to get lose alot. But I say to myself, what if a team doesnt key on the QB in the offense? Thats why I think this years Huntingdon team has all the TOOLS to win this thing. I truely believe that can make it and possibly be very successful.

Perry Co offense has weapons but couldnt stay consistent long enough to do much. Yes, they scored a few times which I give them credit. I believe they made Huntingdon a little better in a way.

Not sure what kind of offense Wayne County runs but someone on here has mentioned they run a split back veer. Huntingdon will have more success against a running team than a passing, and its obvious after last night. So, nobody can argue that point to me. I have witnessed the Milan, Camden, Mckenzie, and Perry County game. 3 of those teams ran the ball, and 1 threw it a ton. Huntingdon likes physical games, in fact from what I have seen this year and years past THEY WELCOME PHYSICAL PLAY. If you dont believe me, watch there offensive line, they attack you like a defensive front line does. I am sure Wayne Co is physcial also!

At the Milan game, Milans offense line was extremely physical, so was there defensive live. If I remember correctly, Milans defensive line was huffing, puffing and wore out. I thought that was impressive for a 1A school to do to a Milan team that looks like they could be dancing in 3 weeks also.

I look at it this way, if Wayne Co beats Huntingdon, then they deserve it. But like I said, Huntingdons offensive is very hard to stop, even slow down because they have diversity. I dont think Huntingdon is unbeatable at all. I am just a guy who loves to what this because every team runs the spread or I, or some non physcial offensive. Good Luck to Wayne Co, but Good Luck to Huntingdon!

I have not saw Huntingdon play and only seen WC once when they killed us at home.(Cwood)But I used to work in Huntingdon 4 or 5 times a year at Norandal.With that said these people take there football serious in Huntingdon.I know WC is a smashmouth team,but that Rice kid has got an arm and receivers.Should be a good one. Hope WC gets the win but Huntingdon probally will.