Wayne County @ Huntingdon

tricklician

Does anyone know where I could find a high school football rule book that the T$AA goes by? I've been told that there is NO horse collar rule in high school. I looked on the T$AA website and all they had was zoning rules and stuff, no basic football rules.

The actual game rules on the field are from the official NFHS rule book. All state associations are members of the NFHS. You can go there and find the actual rule book.

NFHS

There is a pdf version hidden on their site.

Click here.

2011 NFHS Football Rules

After further investigation, apparently a horse-collar tackle is illegal.

Section 4, Article 3 k. No player or nonplayer shall grab the inside back or side collar of the shoulder pads or jersey of the runner and subsequently pull that opponent to the ground (Horse-collar). The horse collar foul is enforced as a live ball foul.

LOSS OF 15 YARDS (page 94)

4. Horse-collar

As for the mouth piece call:

LOSS OF 5 YARDS (page 94)

1. Failure to properly wear mandatory player equipment during down

3. Failure to properly wear mandatory player equipment just before snap

Congrats again to Wayne Co., I totally admit I underestimated yall... Now take care of business and get yall a gold trophy!

No excuses here, yall had the better team last night.

I hate seeing the seniors last game, especailly when you know them. My wife has cried all morning talking about how Tyler layed on the field. It's part of life, it just sucks sometimes.

Congrats again guys!

Congrats again to Wayne Co., I totally admit I underestimated yall... Now take care of business and get yall a gold trophy!

No excuses here, yall had the better team last night.

I hate seeing the seniors last game, especailly when you know them. My wife has cried all morning talking about how Tyler layed on the field. It's part of life, it just sucks sometimes.

Congrats again guys!

The game was pretty much what most thought it would be, and that was smash mouth football by 2 great teams. its tough to watch your seniors walk off the field for the last time especially after a season your team had. Yall had a great team and your boys have nothing to hang their heads about.

I can tell you how they beat PC. PC dropped 10 open passes in the 1st Half. PC couldn't contain Warbritton on his sweeps. And Tucker was still hurt from the Bruised Bone he recieved in the Jo Byrns game. But Huntingdon won and thats that. But Huntingdon will be doing the same thing next week the PC did this week, and that will be spectating. Congrats to the Cats. Yall played a heck of a game. I still laugh when I think about people from Huntingdon didn't think Austin could pass. :roflolk:

The guru of all things perry county///now a WAYNE COUNTY fan///u need to stay one the basketball sight so as not to stain the reputation of the Wayne County fans