BRAC 2012

RespectTheGame

IF their hitting improves they could surprise some people. I think they surprised sg the first game. The kid that pitched against sg was Fr POY (Jr now)according to their website. The next day was a meltdown at home against a good lefty. I hear Grainger has a very talented Fr class. At least 2 Fr start on varsity maybe 3. I don't know how deep they are pitching, I've only seen 3 or 4 and I heard they started a Fr at home against sg. Since I have no dog in the fight, whose better sg or gr?

South

Greene played Unicoi County tonight at Davy Crockett HS in a tournament. Unicoi played a double header, beating the host Davy Crockett by 18 to 5 I think. South Greene took them on in the second game and went 8 innings with South Greene winning it with a bases loaded hard hit fly ball by Nick Davis, the lead off man that plays center for South Greene, bringing home 3 runs to win it by one after Unicoi scored 2 in the top of the 8th. The umpires were terrible. Inconsistent strike zone, wrong calls on fielding, just a very poor job by them and I don't like to say that about officials. They have a hard job and just blew it. Logan Collins pitched for SG going the full 8 innings (163 pitches, too many). Not too many strikeouts but a nice win against a Unicoi team that has always been nearly impossible for SG to beat.

South Greene plays tomorrow at Daniel Boone in this tourney. Not sure who the opponent is, but Greeneville is also playing in this Boone/Crockett tourney. Greeneville beat Chuckey Doak 2 games this past Monday and Tuesday, both conference wins. They are going to be the one to beat it seems in the BRAC. Not a surprise there however. They have a lot of talent. Don't count the SG Rebels out though. Going to be a fun season. Already is in fact.

South

Greene played Unicoi County tonight at Davy Crockett HS in a tournament. Unicoi played a double header, beating the host Davy Crockett by 18 to 5 I think. South Greene took them on in the second game and went 8 innings with South Greene winning it with a bases loaded hard hit fly ball by Nick Davis, the lead off man that plays center for South Greene, bringing home 3 runs to win it by one after Unicoi scored 2 in the top of the 8th. The umpires were terrible. Inconsistent strike zone, wrong calls on fielding, just a very poor job by them and I don't like to say that about officials. They have a hard job and just blew it. Logan Collins pitched for SG going the full 8 innings (163 pitches, too many). Not too many strikeouts but a nice win against a Unicoi team that has always been nearly impossible for SG to beat.

South Greene plays tomorrow at Daniel Boone in this tourney. Not sure who the opponent is, but Greeneville is also playing in this Boone/Crockett tourney. Greeneville beat Chuckey Doak 2 games this past Monday and Tuesday, both conference wins. They are going to be the one to beat it seems in the BRAC. Not a surprise there however. They have a lot of talent. Don't count the SG Rebels out though. Going to be a fun season. Already is in fact.

Excuse me did you say 163?!?!?! I don't mean to ruffle any feathers out on the other side of the river but Phil should know better than to do that to a young man's arm! Doing something stupid like that can have long lasting effects on your shoulder, elbow, etc. if they aren't careful. I don't care how many times a kid tells me he is okay to go back out, once your venturing up into the triple digits you have done your job for the day in my book. A win vs. Unicoi is always a good accomplishment but geez..

South Greene played Davy Crockett today at Davy Crockett in the same tournament as yesterday. Quite a different result. Crockett got the 10 to 0 win in five innings. SG had runners in scoring position but left them on early. I think the bottom of the 3rd, maybe the 4th Crockett scored 8 on a combination of hits and SG errors. Just took the air out of SG. It wasn't pretty and the SG fans were kinda glad it ended in 5. At least I was. They just didn't have it today. I believe SG plays tomorrow at Daniel Boone. Maybe they will do better.

Excuse me did you say 163?!?!?! I don't mean to ruffle any feathers out on the other side of the river but Phil should know better than to do that to a young man's arm! Doing something stupid like that can have long lasting effects on your shoulder, elbow, etc. if they aren't careful. I don't care how many times a kid tells me he is okay to go back out, once your venturing up into the triple digits you have done your job for the day in my book. A win vs. Unicoi is always a good accomplishment but geez..

If this is true... WOW!!! why would they even start a starter in a meaningless tournament... and let him go 163 is even a bigger STUPID MOVE!! first the chances of getting hurt second eventually he will get tired and for their sake I hope its not when the season is going to count!! plus this just shows me that He is all the Rebels have for pitching this year... Greeneville was in the same tournament.. however, not one of the Devils pitchers (starters) Rambo or Lobrillo saw the mound plus they used it to get the other ball players experience and playing time... They played 3 games and got out.. smart move in my opionion... That tournament don't mean a thing...the Devils offense from top to bottom is really starting to click..ask Unicoi LOL... if they can shore up a few things the Devils could make a serious run this year...however, its baseball and anything can happen... The SG and Grainger series will be exciting and will determine who has the first round bye in the District tournament...GO DEVILS!!! West Greene tonight!

It definitely looks like Greeneville is the team to beat. They are thumping everyone with their bats and coupled with good pitching, well that's what it takes. SG struggled with Cumberland Gap yesterday, making lots of errors. It is true that a team can beat itself but they hung on to get the win. That level of play will not work against Greeneville or any strong team. We will find out in a couple of weeks. But the Rebels are doing just fine. That is why you play the games instead of looking at stat sheets and picking the champ from there. Rebels have Gap at home today. Maybe it will be a bit easier and get another BRAC win. Either way I am enjoying the season.

Devil we already played Grainger and split with them . UNICoI has kinda had our number over the past few years and I think they really wanted the w and i know Logan wanted to stay in . I didn't really like the number of pitches either but he is a tough kid and he is fine

I know SG has played them... I was referring to the Devils... Still have to play them and SG... big back to back series for the Devils... meaning could be the deciding factor in the first round bye in Districts... I totaly agree with you about unicoi but, still not smart...and after Unicoi having our number for the past two seasons it was nice to see us give them an old fashion butt whipping 17-6 the other night up in Boone... I enjoyed watching the Unicoi fans and coaches come unglued.. some even being asked to leave the park... anyway, Devils put one on WG last night 18-7 and have them at home tonight... Good luck to everyone and GO DEVILS.

I'll second that. :)

Well with the only series remaining between GVL and the SG is the Cumberland Gap Series tonight and tomorrow... I hope we can keep it rolling. Did a number on Cumberland County last Friday and showed that the Devils have found another "Ace" in the pitching staff... Luke Rambo and the bats are starting to come alive... 1-9 are hitting the ball all over the ballpark... Greeneville could be starting to put it all together right now and just when it needs to count... We still need to make up one more game with WG and that will be played after the SG and Grainger games have been played... Monday the 16th and 17th will be exciting...The Rebels have taken down the Devils in the last two seasons at Rebel Hill and that sits on the minds of the players especially the Seniors. I can't wait its going to be fun and exciting.