Smyrna @ Franklin

milo118

I agree Milo. The common sense fans from Franklin know that this game is gonna be a battle and have the utmost respect for Smyrna. And yes they have been plenty battle tested. I'm not giving any predictions either way because this game is a true toss up IMO. I think whoever wins this game we advance to at least the 3rd round.

I agree Milo. The common sense fans from Franklin know that this game is gonna be a battle and have the utmost respect for Smyrna. And yes they have been plenty battle tested. I'm not giving any predictions either way because this game is a true toss up IMO. I think whoever wins this game we advance to at least the 3rd round.

I could see that. But one game at a time.

You dont understand the level of play in the playoffs like Smyrna does. No offense, but thats why smyrna has multiple state championships and Franklin has none.

Do you realize what you just wrote? Let's look at the last 4 years because before that none of these players played for either team.

2008- Franklin plays for state championship (5 Games)

2009- Loses to Brentwood in the Quarterfinals (3 Games)

2010- Loses to Blackman in the 2nd round (2 Games)

Playoff Record- (7-3)

2008- Loses to Oakland in Quarterfinals (3 games)

2009- Does not qualify for playoffs. (0 games)

2010- Smyrna plays for state championship (5 games)

Playoff Record (6-2)

So both teams have seen what playoff success requires, no one is going to have the edge in that department.

It will come down to turnovers and if Franklin receivers can catch the ball. Too many drops this year and against a team as good as Smyrna you cannot do that.

Do you realize what you just wrote? Let's look at the last 4 years because before that none of these players played for either team.

2008- Franklin plays for state championship (5 Games)

2009- Loses to Brentwood in the Quarterfinals (3 Games)

2010- Loses to Blackman in the 2nd round (2 Games)

Playoff Record- (7-3)

2008- Loses to Oakland in Quarterfinals (3 games)

2009- Does not qualify for playoffs. (0 games)

2010- Smyrna plays for state championship (5 games)

Playoff Record (6-2)

So both teams have seen what playoff success requires, no one is going to have the edge in that department.

It will come down to turnovers and if Franklin receivers can catch the ball. Too many drops this year and against a team as good as Smyrna you cannot do that.

You forget that many of this year Smyrna players played in that championship game and have already faced teams like Blackman, Maryville, Whitehaven, and Mount juliet. So i would say that gave them some confidence for situations like this.

A

You forget that many of this year Smyrna players played in that championship game and have already faced teams like Blackman, Maryville, Whitehaven, and Mount juliet. So i would say that gave them some confidence for situations like this.

A

He is also convieniently forgetting what R'dale did to them in the 2004 Championship game. You scored ONCE in the last 2 minutes against our third string!

Yes, Rutherford County knows what it is like to actually WIN Championship games.

Lets see, Oakland 3 gold balls. Smyrna 2 gold balls and a silver. Riverdale 4 gold and I honestly do not know how many silver balls between Oakland and us.

Now lets count how many Williamson County has........one Gold I think and a couple of silver ones!

He is also convieniently forgetting what R'dale did to them in the 2004 Championship game. You scored ONCE in the last 2 minutes against our third string!

Yes, Rutherford County knows what it is like to actually WIN Championship games.

Lets see, Oakland 3 gold balls. Smyrna 2 gold balls and a silver. Riverdale 4 gold and I honestly do not know how many silver balls between Oakland and us.

Now lets count how many Williamson County has........one Gold I think and a couple of silver ones!

I see what is being compared. Went back enough years that current players would have been there for. I agree with that. But the valuable experience and seasoning that the Bulldogs have gotten over the past two years is why we can have 5 turnovers in one game and still win it. That is the difference here. But that sure is a lot of bling.

Edited by milo118

At least get the number right...........