Lexington vs. Page

LHS2012

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ty Had no speed at all an it showed. Buckley made him look good. I don't see how you can day Ty I'd one of the best when he never got past the second round of the playoffs. Since this is a Page thread I'm sure they remember him well. They kept him on the ground most of the night. But as was stated earlier, coaching has a lot to do with it. Not the Steve was a horrible coach he had a different mentality about him, that got him a crappy title. One if the best QB's never came out to play because of Steve and if he had have played Ty Evans would be a unheard of WR, some may know who I'm talking about but he broke baseball records at bethal. His name ain't keck either!'

Speed has absolutely nothing to do with playing a "traditional" role at QB IMO! My Senior year (03 season) there was this 5'8" QB with 6.0 speed from Mckenzie that smashed a few state records by the time he was a senior 2 years later! Drew Hayes would be his name!

Evans prolly wouldn't have been that good in Lexingtons Offense now! The dude had a good arm tho!

Anyways sorry for starting this debate! Lol.... Good Luck LHS!!

Speed has absolutely nothing to do with playing a "traditional" role at QB IMO! My Senior year (03 season) there was this 5'8" QB with 6.0 speed from Mckenzie that smashed a few state records by the time he was a senior 2 years later! Drew Hayes would be his name!

Evans prolly wouldn't have been that good in Lexingtons Offense now! The dude had a good arm tho!

Anyways sorry for starting this debate! Lol.... Good Luck LHS!!

Yes I know Drew Hayes, As a matter of fact the very guy I am talking about played baseball with him under his dad Glenn Hayes at Bethel. He could throw the ball, The individual i am talking about could throw as well as drew if he would have just played and would have without a doubt been faster than Sellers. As a matter of fact Lexington beat a high ranked Mckenzie team 3-2 that year in football. Durrell Moody kicked the field goal to win it.

So evans was good enough to get a scholarship at an sec school and be recruited by several other fbs schools but he wasn't that great of a qb?

Ooooooooooook

He transferred because he never saw playing time. I just said he wasn't that quick, never said he wasnt good and not saying he could have been better playing for another school that got more college attention. Rocky Scott was solid at Scotts Hill but recruits didn't know Scotts hill existed.

He transferred because he never saw playing time. I just said he wasn't that quick, never said he wasnt good and not saying he could have been better playing for another school that got more college attention. Rocky Scott was solid at Scotts Hill but recruits didn't know Scotts hill existed.

And how many other QBs at LHS have earned a D-1 football scholarship? Off the top of my head, I can think of one, and he played defense.

Rocky was actually being looked at by Cumberland University for a while. Not sure Rocky ever had any desire to play college ball.