MAHS vs. Union City 1st Round

Tornadopride

It's basketball time in Obion County!

The only question is who will we go and watch next week as the playoff's will be history this season for all three county teams in 2011........

as I see it:

UC loses in another mercy rule contest.... OC loses to another team that has more athlete's than the Rebels..... SF escapes with a lost at the pit bulldog field where bad blood already exist before the game.......

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's basketball time in Obion County!

The only question is who will we go and watch next week as the playoff's will be history this season for all three county teams in 2011........

as I see it:

UC loses in another mercy rule contest.... OC loses to another team that has more athlete's than the Rebels..... SF escapes with a lost at the pit bulldog field where bad blood already exist before the game.......

Too much negativity. Pessimism feeds defeat. SF has beaten Gleason once this year and has a good chance to repeat. OC has a better chance than they ever have and have plenty of athletes themselves. UC has a chance against a newcomer. Just because UC is down, that doesn't mean the other county teams are.

Lets hope we ALL are watching re-matchups from the regular season games. I personally think all three teams win myself with South Fulton having the best chance as they already know what they have to change in order to win tonight. Obion and U C on the other hand are facing the unknowns...Memphis teams. Both with Athlete's from the Memphis teams we know. It could and should come down to coaching in these games with U C having the upper hand there I think. The Fairley Coach has been around their program for many years and you just never know. If O C 's "D" can step up tonight and match the "D" of Fairly...O C wins. If U C can stop the bleeding so to speak on turnovers..this is their game to give away...not taking away anything from the M A H S School. Good Luck to all and hope for 3 wins and and making reservations for round 2.

Union City looked like another team tonight. Came out in the second half and controlled the entire game. Lake County next and they know U C can beat them so another game like tonight and U C moves to the third round. Good Luck U C.

looked like the same team versus an overmatched opponet...mo way UC wins at Tiptonville///worst UC defense in decades

Union City looked like another team tonight. Came out in the second half and controlled the entire game. Lake County next and they know U C can beat them so another game like tonight and U C moves to the third round. Good Luck U C.

I believe everyone thought Union City would win this game big.Yes Lake Co knows Union city can beat them.But I would think Union City knows Lake co can beat them also.Union City knows that Lake Co can throw against their seconday and more than likely will double up on Rafael Tyler this time.But Lake Co has a lot more weapons that can catch the ball.Should be a good one.I also like the winner of this game to win next week.But at the moment,one game at a time.

Say what you want but this team from Memphis wasn't a pushover by any means. Their Q B ( Watkins ) came in with over 1300 yrds through the air for this year and they had a receiver ( Lanton ) that averaged over 30 per reception and is ranked in the Shelby/metro area of all high schools in the top 10 as a best all around athelete / football player. Union City allowed less than 100 yrds total offense last night. They looked alot like a Lake County Team to some degree except they were better coached and had more size. U C made two mistakes in kicking off direct to them..one with a score and that didn't happen anymore the rest of the night. If UNion City can play their "A" game next Friday and hold on to the ball, they should come away with a win. Should be and will be a good game and yes, U C will have to get better in the secondary. Good luck.

Edited by UCGRAD

Say what you want but this team from Memphis wasn't a pushover by any means. Their Q B ( Watkins ) came in with over 1300 yrds through the air for this year and they had a receiver ( Lanton ) that averaged over 30 per reception and is ranked in the Shelby/metro area of all high schools in the top 10 as a best all around athelete / football player. Union City allowed less than 100 yrds total offense last night. They looked alot like a Lake County Team to some degree except they were better coached and had more size. U C made two mistakes in kicking off direct to them..one with a score and that didn't happen anymore the rest of the night. If UNion City can play their "A" game next Friday and hold on to the ball, they should come away with a win. Should be and will be a good game and yes, U C will have to get better in the secondary. Good luck.

Good grief, still trying to convince someone (anyone?) that MAHS was a quality opponent. If you looked up "pushover" in tne encyclopedia, MAHS would be the picture you would confront. Citing their QB and WR's seasons stats won't work; we all know Mempis' stat keeping. By saying that "Union City allowed less than 100 yards total offense last night," against this talented Memphis team are you trying to say that the UC defense is really getting tough? Give me a break; as I have said, UC is one of the worst tackling teams I have ever seen. When this season has UC played its "A" game? I saw them play Halls, Huntingdon, and Lake County, and I saw no A game. Has it occurred to you that they may not have an A game? Region 7 must have the weakest A teams in the state of Tennessee. when West Carroll gets a bye. Look at the lower half of Union City's quad, the teams they would face if they could keep Lake County from putting another 50 points on them. Those teams, including West Carroll, are a disgrace to playoff football. Take a look at the uppper half of the A quad. There sit Wayne County, Huntingdon, and Perry County. UC didn't bring its "A" game when it faced them earlier in the year. Face the facts: Union City is in the playoffs because they ae in the weakest part of the state for Class A. They lost most of their games, they have no defense and a one-dimensional offense. They have no A game. Your post is an attempt at another receipe for chicken salad.

If you had any concern for the UC community, you would have passed up citing the selected MAHS stats and counted carefully to be sure that ALL the MAHS players who got OFF the bus before the game got BACK on the bus AFTER the game. Remember the defecting Cuban baseball players, then remember that that bus next stopped on Chelsea in North Memphis.

Edited by Augielio

Good grief, still trying to convince someone (anyone?) that MAHS was a quality opponent. If you looked up "pushover" in tne encyclopedia, MAHS would be the picture you would confront. Citing their QB and WR's seasons stats won't work; we all know Mempis' stat keeping. By saying that "Union City allowed less than 100 yards total offense last night," against this talented Memphis team are you trying to say that the UC defense is really getting tough? Give me a break; as I have said, UC is one of the worst tackling teams I have ever seen. When this season has UC played its "A" game? I saw them play Halls, Huntingdon, and Lake County, and I saw no A game. Has it occurred to you that they may not have an A game? Region 7 must have the weakest A teams in the state of Tennessee. when West Carroll gets a bye. Look at the lower half of Union City's quad, the teams they would face if they could keep Lake County from putting another 50 points on them. Those teams, including West Carroll, are a disgrace to playoff football. Take a look at the uppper half of the A quad. There sit Wayne County, Huntingdon, and Perry County. UC didn't bring its "A" game when it faced them earlier in the year. Face the facts: Union City is in the playoffs because they ae in the weakest part of the state for Class A. They lost most of their games, they have no defense and a one-dimensional offense. They have no A game. Your post is an attempt at another receipe for chicken salad.

If you had any concern for the UC community, you would have passed up citing the selected MAHS stats and counted carefully to be sure that ALL the MAHS players who got OFF the bus before the game got BACK on the bus AFTER the game. Remember the defecting Cuban baseball players, then remember that that bus next stopped on Chelsea in North Memphis.

Sadly, pretty much spot on...

• Upvote 1

You people don't realize that last night was the first game ALL season ( 11...counting the game against MAHS ) that Union City was as close to being healthy as they have been all year. Kids that have quit because they can't handle Bolwins terms or whatever. Outside Shanks with a broken finger and complete arm taped up....U C was at their best last night. The second game straight that the same 11 guys played together. I'm sorry if some of you folks don't understand that they have 3 Seniors...which only play 75% of the time. Otherwise...Union City is very young...start 4 Freshmen at times. They will make mistakes and have. EVERYONE on their schedule they have been playing is loaded with Seniors. If they turn in a performance against Lake Co. like they did last night...they will be the Falcons. Time to move on and get ready for Lake County. Union City is finally healthy.

Say what you want but this team from Memphis wasn't a pushover by any means. They looked alot like a Lake County Team to some degree except they were better coached and had more size.

You are very hopeful. That Memphis team is not as well coached as Lake County and they did not have near the size that Lake County has. They had 5 plays. Run Right Run Left Run Middle Pass Fumble. That is why Union City won that game last night.

The only thing that Union City has that is any good is #25 Hyde. Without him, Union City is easily 2-8. What's it say when you are up 48 - 12, with a mercy rule running clock, and are still afraid to kick it deep?

Plus the arrogance of throwing a ball in the air and acting like it is a grenade is disrespectful, and disgraceful to say the least. I guarantee any soldier who has fought in any war would not find it "cool".

Edited by 3seconds