MAHS vs. Union City 1st Round

Tornadopride

You are very hopeful. That Memphis team is not as well coached as Lake County and they did not have near the size that Lake County has. They had 5 plays. Run Right Run Left Run Middle Pass Fumble. That is why Union City won that game last night.

The only thing that Union City has that is any good is #25 Hyde. Without him, Union City is easily 2-8. What's it say when you are up 48 - 12, with a mercy rule running clock, and are still afraid to kick it deep?

Plus the arrogance of throwing a ball in the air and acting like it is a grenade is disrespectful, and disgraceful to say the least. I guarantee any soldier who has fought in any war would not find it "cool".

Soldiers at the game don't mind it. How is throwing a football in the air acting like it is a grenade disrespectful or disgraceful? It is done in good spirit and fun for the kids and coaches as well. Anyway, a win in the playoffs is simply a win, you get to play next week. Not kicking it deep was strategy - MAHS best offensive play was on kickoff returns. UC did same thing in state champ game 2 years ago and won.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soldiers at the game don't mind it. How is throwing a football in the air acting like it is a grenade disrespectful or disgraceful? It is done in good spirit and fun for the kids and coaches as well. Anyway, a win in the playoffs is simply a win, you get to play next week. Not kicking it deep was strategy - MAHS best offensive play was on kickoff returns. UC did same thing in state champ game 2 years ago and won.

U.C. also had a European kicker 2 years ago that had to pull it our for them. U.C. whipped our butts on the line all day and end the end, it still came down to the kicker with a couple of seconds on the clock. Well, this U.C. team isn't the same team but could make it to the semi-final game. That's why in another thread somewhere I said U.C. may be a slipper. Of course Butchie said more like a snorer. :roflol:That said, if U.C. can slip into the semi-final game, they will be a few plays, luck breaks and calls from the title game.

U.C. also had a European kicker 2 years ago that had to pull it our for them. U.C. whipped our butts on the line all day and end the end, it still came down to the kicker with a couple of seconds on the clock. Well, this U.C. team isn't the same team but could make it to the semi-final game. That's why in another thread somewhere I said U.C. may be a slipper. Of course Butchie said more like a snorer. :roflol:That said, if U.C. can slip into the semi-final game, they will be a few plays, luck breaks and calls from the title game.

Thanks 'rlh' for the nice words! Our team is very very young, 4 Seniors to be exact and only 3 of them play wit only one of them both ways. We are young and start like 3 to 4 Freshmen and a ton more underclassmen. We should really make some noise next year. We have a very weak defense. Have had tons of injuries this years with starters and some kids quit from last years team little by little who couldn't handle the Bowlin workouts. The last two games ( game 10 and then round 1 ) , we finally started the same 11 kids on offense and same 11 on defense. Yes...we could easily end up in round 3 but not any higher. People forget we just won the state 2 years ago and at some point...a rebuilding year will come around. Some teams rebuild every year and never have a winning team ...only once every 10 to 20 years. Huntingdon is the real deal and should run the table and win it all. They are huge...fast...quick..you name it, they are really good. Good luck.

Edited by UCGRAD

Soldiers at the game don't mind it. How is throwing a football in the air acting like it is a grenade disrespectful or disgraceful? It is done in good spirit and fun for the kids and coaches as well.

Please go tell that to my Mom's friend. Wasn't so funny for her after the Trenton game.

Edited by 3seconds

Thanks 'rlh' for the nice words! Our team is very very young, 4 Seniors to be exact and only 3 of them play wit only one of them both ways. We are young and start like 3 to 4 Freshmen and a ton more underclassmen. We should really make some noise next year. We have a very weak defense. Have had tons of injuries this years with starters and some kids quit from last years team little by little who couldn't handle the Bowlin workouts. The last two games ( game 10 and then round 1 ) , we finally started the same 11 kids on offense and same 11 on defense. Yes...we could easily end up in round 3 but not any higher. People forget we just won the state 2 years ago and at some point...a rebuilding year will come around. Some teams rebuild every year and never have a winning team ...only once every 10 to 20 years. Huntingdon is the real deal and should run the table and win it all. They are huge...fast...quick..you name it, they are really good. Good luck.

With everybody back and no injuries, I thought this team was 7-3 at worst...They have had to deal with two straight 4 member senior classes...You can't reload or even rebuild like that...The one good thing to come out of this season is that all those young guys are getting a bunch of needed experience under fire...Another thing is that being in the playoffs is just that much more practice...You got to keep kids in the program...I know you can't put a gun to their heads and make them stay but something has to be done to keep the kids in the program...Same thing is happening over at South Fulton...

Oh, and sometime soon the Tornadoes are going to HAVE to learn to tackle and play defense...

Please go tell that to my Mom's friend. Wasn't so funny for her after the Trenton game.

to 3seconds Mom's friend: I am sorry you were disrepected because our football coach threw the ball in the air like a pretend grenade. Our actions were for the fun of the team, cheerleaders, coaches and fans. Other teams do similar type of fun things after games, from pee wee up to NFL, to celebrate wins. If you were disrepected, please accept our apology.

to 3seconds Mom's friend: I am sorry you were disrepected because our football coach threw the ball in the air like a pretend grenade. Our actions were for the fun of the team, cheerleaders, coaches and fans. Other teams do similar type of fun things after games, from pee wee up to NFL, to celebrate wins. If you were disrepected, please accept our apology.

Now in your arrogance, go tell her deceased son.

Edited by 3seconds

I don't think Lake Co has about 4 seniors either.Maybe 5

I don't think Lake Co has about 4 seniors either.Maybe 5

I agree. We need (meaning UC) need to stop making excuses about our youth being the problem. Maybe it was a problem at the 1st half of the season, but now in the playoffs, we should be better seasoned. In fact, I think we are better now than the beginning of the season.