Would this be better

Indian

I looked at a five class group, same as before, divided them the best I could based on the previous classification. Some teams would have moved up to 2A, some have dropped programs, so there may be some things off. 60 schools in 1A. These are listed by the Sonny Moore rankings, not by who beat who necessarily, so you're bound to have teams listed below teams they've beaten. I may have skipped some so if you see a team that ought to be up there, just plug them in your region. It should give an idea, somewhat, of how the 1A playoffs would be this year. 1s vs 4s, 2s vs 3s.

I repeat, :roflol:, this is not primarily based on this year's head-to-head results, necessarily, before anyone begins crying. This is just a projection using computer rankings since not all actually play each other. There seems to be a lot of discussion among coaches for a return to five classes, then the four teams making it out of each region.

Cutoff was at 434 (East Robertson)

Class 1A

Region 1

1-Hampton High School A 429

2-North Greene High School A 369

3-Cloudland High School A 225

4-Unaka High School A 345

Region 2

1-Rockwood High School A 429

2-Greenback High School A 207

3-Oneida High School A 375

4-Coalfield High School A 217

Region 3

1-South Pittsburg High School A 235

2-Grace Baptist Academy A 187 (337)

3-Lookout Valley High School A 212

4-Silverdale Baptist Academy A 230 (414)

Region 4

1-Trousdale Co. High School A 424

2-Friendship Christian School A 191 (344)

3-Gordonsville High School A 346

4-Clay Co. High School A 301

Region 5

1-Clarksville Academy A 177 (319)

2-Jo Byrns High School A 348

3-Eagleville High School A 373

4-Nashville Christian School A 168 (302)

Region 6

1-Perry Co. High School A 348

2-Wayne Co. High School A 340

3-Mt. Pleasant High School A 415

4-Columbia Academy A 175 (315)

Region 7

1-Humboldt High School A 374

2-Dresden High School A 371

3-Huntingdon High School A 359

4-McKenzie High School A 395\

Region 8

1-Lake Co. High School A 236

2-Union City High School A 350

3-South Fulton High School A 257

4-Memphis Academy of Health Sciences A 267

Edited by Indian

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at a five class group, same as before, divided them the best I could based on the previous classification. Some teams would have moved up to 2A, some have dropped programs, so there may be some things off. 60 schools in 1A. These are listed by the Sonny Moore rankings, not by who beat who necessarily, so you're bound to have teams listed below teams they've beaten. I may have skipped some so if you see a team that ought to be up there, just plug them in your region. It should give an idea, somewhat, of how the 1A playoffs would be this year. 1s vs 4s, 2s vs 3s.

I repeat, :roflol:, this is not primarily based on this year's head-to-head results, necessarily, before anyone begins crying. This is just a projection using computer rankings since not all actually play each other. There seems to be a lot of discussion among coaches for a return to five classes, then the four teams making it out of each region.

Class 1A

Region 1

Region 2

Region 3

Region 4

Region 5

Region 6

Region 7

Region 8

Looks good to me.

I personally like it but at the same time.isn't really helping the smaller Single A teams.As it is now,Humboldt,Dresden ,McKenzie play with some of the Single A teams and then go to Double A.But there are some smaller schools that havn't had the athletes that could play with Humboldt,Huntingdon.I'm sure most folks from Greenfield,Gleason etc and other smaller schools wouldnt like this setup.It's still hard for a school with 200 students to play with a school of close to 450.The smaller school may have 200 students and half could be girls.That leaves A hundred students.Most freshmen arent ready so cut that into a fourth and you're down to 75.Theres only a few sophomores that are really ready but some that are.But the real small schools have to play them anyway.So lets take half of that 25.Down to about 60 students that a school can choose from.And maybe half of those don't like football.So,it's a problem for the very small schools.I would think as you go up to around the 350 mark or over,much easier to field a team.Dont know the answer but if the schools you name are all Single A all the way,then there is no way a school like Greenfield,Gleason,MAHS,etc would ever have a chance to go to the state against the likes of Huntingdon,Humboldt,McKenzie or even Union City on our end.They already think the system isnt fair with Union City being Single A with about 350 students.And then farther Trousdale,Rockwood with double the arrangement.I'm sure Huntingdon,Humboldt,and McKenzie are fine with this setup and I'm sure Trousdale would be also,coming back to Single A.But this doesn't help the smaller Single A schools.For those schools ,may as well keep it like it is now.Play Humboldt,Dresden and then still play Single A once the playoffs start.Just don't see how your set up helps the true tradional small school.Cut off should be around 370 for these schools.Still would have a bigger school like Huntingdon and Union City in but would take out McKenzie,Humboldt etc.at least a fighting chance.No way with all of them in Single A.

Edited by mrbigster

You could set it at a certain limit in each class, say 350, 600, 900, 1200 and up but you'd have a big difference in number of teams in each. 350 or less would only have about 35 teams-and you'd still have South Pittsburg, Union City, Gordonsville, Wayne County, Friendship, Clarksville Academy, Lake County. Another thing, even when lowered to eight regions you'd average only 5 teams in the smallest class, and in some you might have 2 hours for your closest region game.

Region 5

Region 6

Region 7

Region 8

Humboldt and Dresden are 2A.

In the current system, yes. In the 5-class system, used for years, that a lot of coaches seem to want brought back, 1A out of 5A.

You could make the cut at 400 and up is 2a etc. The last several years of the A, AA and AAA, the classes were divided up evenly with the actually cutoff based on that. I think it would probably make more since if they weren't symmetrical to have the largest classification to be slightly smaller.

You could make the cut at 400 and up is 2a etc. The last several years of the A, AA and AAA, the classes were divided up evenly with the actually cutoff based on that. I think it would probably make more since if they weren't symmetrical to have the largest classification to be slightly smaller.

I agree if you're going to have set limits regardless of number of teams, it's best to use even numbers, 400, 750, etc, it would lessen the confusion. If you go with 400, that's up to 50 and you're just 10 schools away from the 60 you'd have in an even five-class. Most of the current 1A and 2A playoff heavyweights would be in there.

Still, it should be looked at since very few seem to like what's happening now. Maybe 400, 700, 1000, 1400 as cutoffs. Each should have roughly 50-70 teams.

Class 1A

Region 1

Region 2

Region 3

Region 4

Region 5

Region 6

Region 7

Region 8

I don't see how you get Clay Co. in Region 4.