Blackman vs Farragut

blazeburnin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I've heard is that Farragut is prety one demensional. That's not a real good formula when playing a defense of Blackman's quality.

In the past, Farragut has had games up on their web site...not sure if that's still the case.

Farragut has struggled to throw the ball all season, and that is the reason they have lost the games they have. They MUST come out this week and have a solid running game, or else it could get ugly quick. I don't know a thing about Blackman except they have a stud running back who is committed to Ole Miss. I really hope Farragut can pull this one out and live to fight another week.

Also, as far as the game being on farragutfootball.com, they usually only have the home games live on the website because of the amount of bandwidth it requires, but maybe they will change it for the playoffs.

Farragut has struggled to throw the ball all season, and that is the reason they have lost the games they have. They MUST come out this week and have a solid running game, or else it could get ugly quick. I don't know a thing about Blackman except they have a stud running back who is committed to Ole Miss. I really hope Farragut can pull this one out and live to fight another week.

Also, as far as the game being on farragutfootball.com, they usually only have the home games live on the website because of the amount of bandwidth it requires, but maybe they will change it for the playoffs.

I can tell you when they played R'dale the 'stud rb' was only in for about 4 plays then he got hurt. The rest of the damage they did against R'dale was done by the QB and about 5 different receivers. They simply ran out of time, not out of fight.

They are NOT a one dimensional team. Even if the 'stud rb' is not playing they have TWO backups that can run. One of which is 'Little stud' Mathers.

I'm really hoping Blackman pulls out the win on this one. They were a very good team and were in it till the end. We were expecting them to run on us, well because of the injury they threw on us. Several good receivers like Jalen Smith and a few others. They still had some other good runners as the previous person said like I-trains brother!!

Anyways.. I'm really wanting a Riverdale v Blackman rematch so all the Blackman fans (mainly there students not the knowledgeable people on here) can quit saying we only won because the train was out!! Good luck to both but I'm pulling for you Blackman... No injuries for eitheir!!

It sounds like Farragut has been struggling some coming down the stretch but Blackman has as well. We've lost 2 of our last 3 and had to fight hard to pull out a win over an improving Lavergne team. Our passing game against Lavergne was horrible but we do know we are capable in that department but it didn't happen last Friday night. I expect a close hard fought game that could go either way. I know nothing about Farragut other than they are 7-3 and are usually very good.

I can tell you when they played R'dale the 'stud rb' was only in for about 4 plays then he got hurt. The rest of the damage they did against R'dale was done by the QB and about 5 different receivers. They simply ran out of time, not out of fight.

They are NOT a one dimensional team. Even if the 'stud rb' is not playing they have TWO backups that can run. One of which is 'Little stud' Mathers.

I am referring to Farragut as 'they' in my post. Sorry, wasn't saying Blackman was one dimensional, I said I do not know a thing about them except they have a good RB.

Farragut's weakness has been stopping the pass, not the run. In their lose to Lenoir City they gave up 400+ yards passing and let the wide receivers man handle them. The only score they gave up in their last game was again the pass when a receiver was alone 25 yards down field with no defender anywhere near him....75 yard easy TD. If Blackman has an effective passing game and can contain Farragut's running game they will have an easy win. If not, it could be close.

Farragut's weakness has been stopping the pass, not the run. In their lose to Lenoir City they gave up 400+ yards passing and let the wide receivers man handle them. The only score they gave up in their last game was again the pass when a receiver was alone 25 yards down field with no defender anywhere near him....75 yard easy TD. If Blackman has an effective passing game and can contain Farragut's running game they will have an easy win. If not, it could be close.

Blackmans passing game comes and goes. Last week was horrible, week before that great. Depends on which team shows up I guess. Blackman does have some problems defending the run at times. We have a tendency to give up the big play.

I like the match-up because to my knowledge these teams haven't ever played each other. Mathers is a known player, but everything else is up in the air. Farragut has played poorly the last 3 weeks, even Senior Night last Friday couldn't motivate them. I'd say the game will come down to Farragut's erratic passing game. Blackman will no doubt load the box and dare Farragut to pass the ball. One of the things I used to like about this Senior class is that they had heart. I remember them as freshman and they've seemed to give great effort(until 3 weeks ago that is). Botton line: If Rule can put in a good showing throwing the football Farragut can compete, if not it'll be fire up the bus at halftime.

So from previous posts Mathers is hurt? Will he be playing Friday? Getting to see a SEC caliber skill kid play against Farragut may make this worth the drive.

Edited by STARPOWER