Blackman vs Farragut

blazeburnin

I like the match-up because to my knowledge these teams haven't ever played each other. Mathers is a known player, but everything else is up in the air. Farragut has played poorly the last 3 weeks, even Senior Night last Friday couldn't motivate them. I'd say the game will come down to Farragut's erratic passing game. Blackman will no doubt load the box and dare Farragut to pass the ball. One of the things I used to like about this Senior class is that they had heart. I remember them as freshman and they've seemed to give great effort(until 3 weeks ago that is). Botton line: If Rule can put in a good showing throwing the football Farragut can compete, if not it'll be fire up the bus at halftime.

So from previous posts Mathers is hurt? Will he be playing Friday? Getting to see a SEC caliber skill kid play against Farragut may make this worth the drive.

Mathers played last week and rushed for 179 yards on 25 carries against Lavergne. He is ready to go.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mathers' plays, Farragut had better tackle well, because he will break anything but a solid perfect tackle, and keep going.

Farragut has always been fundamentally solid, and when you play them you had better be ready. Usually big tough lines and linebackers who can play.

This is probably the most intriging matchup in Quad 2 this week. I have not seen Farragut play but know the reputation and historically they stay pretty solid, no matter what. I have seen Blackman play and I think they are very good, even without Mathers, but with him......

alt. Farragut is very good up front especially on offense. They really struggle in the passing game and the run game is very predictable. They run the inside zone read and qb(Rule)keeps or gives to RB(Johnson). Sometimes another back (Fain) spells Johnson, they are all three good players. they have one good receiver but struggle to get him the ball, he's not very big. If you force them to pass and they can't, you can get 'em. They ran all over us between the tackles in week 1. We just couldn't stop it. They have not played that well since and are on a bit of a slide. They've lost 2 out of 3 and eeked out a 10-7 win Friday.

alt. Farragut is very good up front especially on offense. They really struggle in the passing game and the run game is very predictable. They run the inside zone read and qb(Rule)keeps or gives to RB(Johnson). Sometimes another back (Fain) spells Johnson, they are all three good players. they have one good receiver but struggle to get him the ball, he's not very big. If you force them to pass and they can't, you can get 'em. They ran all over us between the tackles in week 1. We just couldn't stop it. They have not played that well since and are on a bit of a slide. They've lost 2 out of 3 and eeked out a 10-7 win Friday.

I was wondering about them since Lenoir City beat them. That does not bode well goin into the playoffs. Was not sure what to make of that. Farragut usually beats everyone but maybe Oak Ridge, and Maryville. If they can't pass they may be in for a long night at Blackman. Bradley got nothing done on the ground, but had some success at moving the ball in the air.

I'm really excited to see how we come out and play this week. Especially after the second half of last weeks game where we came out and controlled the last three quarters of the second half. I thought without the toe we had lost our edge. Seemed like people we're looking for someone to make a play instead of looking at themselves. Now with the toe back in the game maybe we can get back to the level we were at when we slobber knocked Signal Mountian, Bradley Central, Oakland and Smyrner back to back to back to back. Let's go yall, cause that's how we do it! :popcorneater:

We Are Blackman! ...time for some slobber knockin!

Edited by mykidsdad

I'm really excited to see how we come out and play this week. Especially after the second half of last weeks game where we came out and controlled the last three quarters of the second half. I thought without the toe we had lost our edge. Seemed like people we're looking for someone to make a play instead of looking at themselves. Now with the toe back in the game maybe we can get back to the level we were at when we slobber knocked Signal Mountian, Bradley Central, Oakland and Smyrner back to back to back to back. Let's go yall, cause that's how we do it! :popcorneater:

mkd

Really?? slobberknocked Smyrna?? your blaze won in OT because the Bulldog kicker missed a PAT and yours didn't. Slobberknocked? I saw a hard fought very physical game the night BHS and SHS strapped it up, but I believe your having those flashbacks again, take your meds. Blackman wins this one and advances!! Strickland won't even be a factor in this one, the TOE will do all the work. :?:

mkd

Really?? slobberknocked Smyrna?? your blaze won in OT because the Bulldog kicker missed a PAT and yours didn't. Slobberknocked? I saw a hard fought very physical game the night BHS and SHS strapped it up, but I believe your having those flashbacks again, take your meds. Blackman wins this one and advances!! Strickland won't even be a factor in this one, the TOE will do all the work. :?:

Look here convict, I said SLOBBERKNOCKED! I meant

SLOBBERKNOCKED! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

i thought they were only two quarters after halftime?

Look here convict, I said SLOBBERKNOCKED! I meant

SLOBBERKNOCKED! :popcorneater:

I myself have never been on the inside of cell/ oh thats right I am from Smyrna there for I am a convict. I'd rather be a Bulldog and a convict than be a "blaze" blazer firestarter whatever you people are. Not sure if you know it or not but a big chunk of the students at blackman come from the Stewarts Creek area, which the last time I checked is in SMYRNA!! Oh and the BIG LETTERS MAKE SLOBBERKNOCKED SO MUCH MORE INTIMIDATING.

Now back to the meds. take them they were prescribed for a reason. :roflol:

Edited by THEBulldog81