Millington vs White Station

Trojanx

you are right. brighton did win 2 playoff games that year with the great tim stallings as head coach. they were beaten by covington 54-6. the current coach at brighton has not won a playoff game. i think coach stallings is been leading whitehaven to many victories over the last few years. maybe they should have kept coach stallings , he was getting them on the right track.

Everyone has their own opinion of certain coaches. Let's just say I'm not a fan of him. He is the reason that Millington and Brighton quit playing each other until this year. After Millington beat Brighton for the 2nd year in a row back in 2004, he would not allow his team to come over and shake the hands of the Trojan football team. Nothing happened in that game for him to not allow that. It was very poor sportmanship as far as I am concerned. So we hadn't played until now.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Millington takes this one 34-27. Unless the White Station players get the memo to not try and tackle Genesy high. If they go low, they may be able to contain him more than his recent opponents have been able to. But my money is on them trying to tackle him high and Genesy doing his best Jerome Bettis impersonation.

I think Millington takes this one 34-27. Unless the White Station players get the memo to not try and tackle Genesy high. If they go low, they may be able to contain him more than his recent opponents have been able to. But my money is on them trying to tackle him high and Genesy doing his best Jerome Bettis impersonation.

One thing none of us have talked about is how well our O Line has been playing and the secondary has much improved. Not to mention the play of Webber , Wilmer, Lewis and Williams. Need a big game from Garcia as well. We must have a total Trojan effort to win this one go Trojans.

Edited by dou

One thing none of us have talked about is how well our O Line has been playing and the secondary has much improved. Not to mention the play of Webber , Wilmer, Lewis and Williams. Need a big game from Garcia as well. We must have a total Trojan effort to win this one go Trojans.

Yes - if White Station can slow Genesy down, Webber could be the X factor (he might be anyway). He has the speed to match up well with WS.

And that is the key to Millington winning. You cannot just key on Gennesy, who can hurt you alone. Webber, Lewis and Wilmer cannot be left out of the watch and I dont think they can key on them all. But WS is fast and will get to the ball. Dont they run the ball a lot?? Our D line and LB's wil need a good game up front. I wouldnt be suprised to see WS try to throw the ball a little more than they normally do.

I believe this will be a very good but see White Station pulling away in a close one Spartans 21-17

Millington seems to be on a roll and get the benefit of their boisterous home crowd.

Coach Rutherford is guaranteed to have his Spartans prepared to exploit Millington's weakness and will tweak his game plan accordingly.

While I'm picking Millington to outlast White Station (in what figures to be a very competitive and exciting game), I absolutely would not be shocked to see White Station defeat the Trojans.

We started out flat and the two WS turnovers seem to wake us up. It was a good game but defensively we have got to make tackles and stop the penalties. We gave away free yards leading to the WS go ahead TD. Also being inside the 10 yard line with Genesy and Webber out for minor injuries killed us from a put away TD. Genesy with 193 yards and 3 TD 's with WS loading the box. Some people on this message board have no clue who is considered a top RB in the area.

We started out flat and the two WS turnovers seem to wake us up. It was a good game but defensively we have got to make tackles and stop the penalties. We gave away free yards leading to the WS go ahead TD. Also being inside the 10 yard line with Genesy and Webber out for minor injuries killed us from a put away TD. Genesy with 193 yards and 3 TD 's with WS loading the box. Some people on this message board have no clue who is considered a top RB in the area.

I agree that your MAN Genesy is a top RB in the state not just Memphis. For him to gain 193 yards on White Stations defense says alot. I know there Head Coach well and he told me that Genesy would not beat them that they would have to win threw the air. Well he almost did beat them. Genesy should be playing in the SEC somewhere next year. Good luck to that young MAN!