Jackson Co. @ Friendship Christian

SpecialTeamer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAA has the dummest playoff system in football, in bb you can't play a team from your district until late in playoffs.It dosen't make any sense for JC to play FHS whom they played in regional game then winner plays Trousdale co also in region whom both have played.Both games earlier were blow outs and Trousdale co has a walk in as they will win again by 3 touchdowns. How did H2O get rockwood when they were a 6 seed and rockwood not as good as FCS or The yellow jackets.

Even though FCS had a better than Rockwood, 7-3 for FCS and 6-4 for Rockwood, Rockwood finished 2nd in their district behind Boyd and FCS finished 3rd behind Gordonsville and Trousdale so Rockwood gets a higher seed than FCS because Rockwood finished better in their district so it sets up it like this:

Topside of the brackett: #1TC vs -#4FCS vs #5JC Bottom side: #3Rockwood vs #6H20 - Boyd Buc. vs Bye.

In the old playoff system Watertown would not have even made the playoffs and Jackson County would be playing Boyd first round, so either way you slice it JC is getting the short end of the stick...but congrats on 2 successful seasons in a row, just a bad playoff draw cuts it short...

Edited by swanson71

Even though FCS had a better than Rockwood, 7-3 for FCS and 6-4 for Rockwood, Rockwood finished 2nd in their district behind Boyd and FCS finished 3rd behind Gordonsville and Trousdale so Rockwood gets a higher seed than FCS because Rockwood finished better in their district so it sets up it like this:

Topside of the brackett: #1TC vs -#4FCS vs #5JC Bottom side: #3Rockwood vs #6H20 - Boyd Buc. vs Bye.

In the old playoff system Watertown would not have even made the playoffs and Jackson County would be playing Boyd first round, so either way you slice it JC is getting the short end of the stick...but congrats on 2 successful seasons in a row, just a bad playoff draw cuts it short...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't JC play Cascade in the playoffs last year?

If they played this year, I'm confident JC would win. Cascade is a #4 seed in quad 3, and I'm confident JC would beat all the team in quad 3 except Adamsville. That tells you about the unlucky draw they got this year.

If they played this year, I'm confident JC would win. Cascade is a #4 seed in quad 3, and I'm confident JC would beat all the team in quad 3 except Adamsville. That tells you about the unlucky draw they got this year.

Yep played a very good game against Cascade last year. Bad luck or not the JC kids and coaches should be proud of making it two in a row. For a lot of schools i realize that's nothing but coming from bball country it s big thing for us. I would like to say JC beats FC and quite honestly if our QB could get the time they would slice FCS up in the secondary, they weren't as strong there as years past. Their line on the other hand imo is better than what they had last year.

They did play Cascade last year. I don't know what goes into determining who plays in what quads; I just know how they're set up to who gets what seed and why they got that seed. Watertown was better off losing to JC last week because they get to play Rockwood instead. I would have liked JC's chances against Rockwood better than Watertowns. JC isn't very big but they have very good QB play and good speed in the skill positions. I know JC got a bad draw with FCS and know their chances are slim to none in winning this game, but a lot of seniors from a lot of different teams ended their season last week. JC's seniors get to do what a lot of other teams aren't getting to do and that is make their high school football careers last one more week...I would suggest cherrish the moment because it will be there last to do it at the high school level.

They did play Cascade last year. I don't know what goes into determining who plays in what quads; I just know how they're set up to who gets what seed and why they got that seed. Watertown was better off losing to JC last week because they get to play Rockwood instead. I would have liked JC's chances against Rockwood better than Watertowns. JC isn't very big but they have very good QB play and good speed in the skill positions. I know JC got a bad draw with FCS and know their chances are slim to none in winning this game, but a lot of seniors from a lot of different teams ended their season last week. JC's seniors get to do what a lot of other teams aren't getting to do and that is make their high school football careers last one more week...I would suggest cherrish the moment because it will be there last to do it at the high school level.

Your Bulldogs are getting another game against Upperman.

Its not just about JC its not fair for Trousdale and FCS who may be the two premier teams in state in thier class and in same region already played to have to play this early in playoffs when other teams from differant parts of state with no previous games would be a better fit and let the fans see teams from other areas, but thats just my thoughts, and my thoughts and 50 cents will only get you a senior coffee at Mcdonalds.

Its not just about JC its not fair for Trousdale and FCS who may be the two premier teams in state in thier class and in same region already played to have to play this early in playoffs when other teams from differant parts of state with no previous games would be a better fit and let the fans see teams from other areas, but thats just my thoughts, and my thoughts and 50 cents will only get you a senior coffee at Mcdonalds.

That is a valid point! Congratz to RBS on the extra game. I think you guys can play with and have a shot at this upperman team.

I believe this also...but i am glad that it came this way...i believe it makes for an easier championship game for TC. hungry.gif

Edited by slimshady

Well FCS was going to have to see either Boyd or TC in the first round, and these 3 teams are possibly the best 3 teams in the 2a playoffs this year...