District 4-AAA

LCityplayer

Despite horrible referees, the Lady Ads took their next step toward the State Tournament by throttling Maryville. They will follow it up on Monday night with another total humiliation of an overated Bearden team in its own gym! Smith and Blevins, the best guards in District, are District 4AAA's True MVPs and are now on a mission to show that scruffy upstarts and an inexperienced coach cannot play with the Big Girls.

This will be even more clear when Bearden's season ends dismally in the Region 2 tournament. Meanwhile, the triumphant Lady Ads, as Region 2 champs, will host Morristown East in Substate, while runner-up Campbell County goes to Science Hill. Thus, the Lady Ads will go to state, where anything can happen, and will probably not face Science Hill until the final game.

We might even send the little girls to the east a post card from Murfreesboro.

Well, that will be too bad for the Mighty Lady Ads, when and if they get far enough along that they meet Science Hill. Science Hill is at a whole another level of basketball. You must not remember last year, let me refresh your memory. Science Hill beat Farragut like a drum, is it all coming back now? I have said this over and over, Farragut had so much more talent last year and still could not beat SH. It's not gonna happen , does this help refresh your memory. The Mighty Lady Ads, if they make it to state, will meet a lot more teams, that have so much more talent! Hey, keep on dreaming , because that's all it is , a DREAM, if you think Farragut has even a snow balls chance in, well you know what I mean, of even thinking about winning state. Hate to be the one (not really) to break it to you, Farragut just does not have the TALENT!

Oh and Farragut having the two best guards and MVPs in district 4, Blevins and Smith, that's a good one! Farragut had Blevins and Smith, last year, let's c u did not get to state last year either. Keep these classic post coming. You gotta be high on something when your posting all this crap you come up with.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throttling....Hahahahahahaha In case you weren't there it went to OT.

You should thank the Lady Rebs for missing 8 straight FTs along with committing some of the dumbest fouls I've ever seen and more unforced TOs than I could count. I thought it was more Maryville losing the game than Farragut winning it.

What is an unforced turnover? So there was no defense on the court? Maryville traveled a lot, but a lot of it was caused by defense.

I think saying that Farragut didn't win the game is doing those girls a disservice. That would be like me asking you who the Catholic girls are playing in the Region Tourney.

Well, that will be too bad for the Mighty Lady Ads, when and if they get far enough along that they meet Science Hill. Science Hill is at a whole another level of basketball. You must not remember last year, let me refresh your memory. Science Hill beat Farragut like a drum, is it all coming back now? I have said this over and over, Farragut had so much more talent last year and still could not beat SH. It's not gonna happen , does this help refresh your memory. The Mighty Lady Ads, if they make it to state, will meet a lot more teams, that have so much more talent! Hey, keep on dreaming , because that's all it is , a DREAM, if you think Farragut has even a snow balls chance in, well you know what I mean, of even thinking about winning state. Hate to be the one (not really) to break it to you, Farragut just does not have the TALENT!

Oh and Farragut having the two best guards and MVPs in district 4, Blevins and Smith, that's a good one! Farragut had Blevins and Smith, last year, let's c u did not get to state last year either. Keep these classic post coming. You gotta be high on something when your posting all this crap you come up with.

You are very negative about the Farragut team. I would be too if I was a parent from a District foe, all Farragut girls basketball does is win at a very high level, it could get frustrating.

I wouldn't say Science Hill beat Farragut like a Drum it was tied at the half and was a close game in the 4th qtr then Farragut had to press and foul toward the end and the score got away from them.

The best part about this Farragut team is that when last season ended and they lost 3 great seniors everyone said they would struggle this year and wouldn't be very good. Bearden, Maryville, William Blount, and Catholic were all ranked ahead of them in PrepXtra and look at the team now. People were all excited to finally see Farragut struggle and they didn't they are 24-5 and will bring back 4 starters and a lot of young talent next year.

So enjoy dogging Farragut losing in Substate, its an amazing accomplishment just getting there and if history is a judge Farragut will be back again.

What is an unforced turnover? So there was no defense on the court? Maryville traveled a lot, but a lot of it was caused by defense.

I think saying that Farragut didn't win the game is doing those girls a disservice. That would be like me asking you who the Catholic girls are playing in the Region Tourney.

My statement was made as an unbiased observer. Didn't intend to slight the Lady Admirals. My point being Maryville was far from being throttled. They missed their last 8 FTs in regulation prior to OT. I was considering the unforced TOs as the errant passes along with several of the walks that weren't caused by the defense. The officials told me after the game that they were forced to call alot of the walks because they were in the open away from anyone. For some reason, Maryville seemed to really panic and play like they were trailing the last 4 minutes of regulation. I don't get pressuring the ball in backcourt and picking up fouls 90' from the bucket, especially when you're in foul trouble and have the lead.

Don't have a problem with you asking about Catholic. They didn't get it done in the tournament. They were picked to finish dead last and managed to finish a few spots higher. The Lady Irish played great defense all year but unfortunately couldn't put the ball in the hole, bottom line. Injuries to 3 players that would have started or at least play significant minutes, changed the team dynamics as well as 3 others starters dealing with additional injuries that cost them several appearances led to struggles all year. Proud of their effort and look forward to next year.

You are very negative about the Farragut team. I would be too if I was a parent from a District foe, all Farragut girls basketball does is win at a very high level, it could get frustrating.

I wouldn't say Science Hill beat Farragut like a Drum it was tied at the half and was a close game in the 4th qtr then Farragut had to press and foul toward the end and the score got away from them.

The best part about this Farragut team is that when last season ended and they lost 3 great seniors everyone said they would struggle this year and wouldn't be very good. Bearden, Maryville, William Blount, and Catholic were all ranked ahead of them in PrepXtra and look at the team now. People were all excited to finally see Farragut struggle and they didn't they are 24-5 and will bring back 4 starters and a lot of young talent next year.

So enjoy dogging Farragut losing in Substate, its an amazing accomplishment just getting there and if history is a judge Farragut will be back again.

i was at the s hill game last year a you did get beat like a drum

It is kind of pathetic that the supporters of all the other teams in our District can't stand up for their own girls by pointing our their accomplishments in a positive way. Instead they have to bring up the strengths of teams in other places. It is kind of like the weak wussy little girl who recognizes that she can't compete against a Lady Ad who says, "Well, my brother can beat yours."

But I guess that is just shows how the other teams in this District know that they can't conduct themselves with the class, tradition, heart, or work ethic that is the hallmark of a Farragut Lady Admiral. Our girls know that when they walk onto the court with a Championship on the line, the Lady Ads are going to win--and look great while doing it. It must be intimidating for other teams to know that they are facing humiliation, from the moment they look down to the other end of the floor.

As far as facing potential losses down the road at the hands of teams from Science Hill, Clarksville, or Morristown, that remains to be seen. What is certain is that the Lady Ads are going to go through a certain team to the east like a hot knife through Fatty Butter! We will then win Region and take it from there.

We will face those tougher teams down the road because the Lady Ads are worthy and have worked hard to earn that right--unlike a certain school to the east that found its way into a good spot it knows it does not deserve due to bad ref calls, a few lucky underclassman shots,and smoke and mirrors.

Their time--and that of their wet behind his big ears coach, is coming to an end soon this season!

Not negative about any team, ladadad has hated on every team in the district that posed a threat to Farragut and then they throw Campbell County in the mix. Ladadad has been so torn up, about Bearden winning district, it's killing him/her.