Knoxville GCA breaks ground on new Stadium Field and refurbished Stadium

12thmanGCA

This Discussion Is Redundant...TSSAA Should Be About Equal Oppourtunity And Fairness. Now Is It Fair That Joe Smoe Has The Money To Put His Kid In A Better School And Atheletic Program? Sure It Is! But On The Other Hand Let Lil Johhny Compete With the Schools That Offer Scholarships And Are Funded By Tuitions. If You Want A Level Playing Field....Seperate Public From Private... :thumb:

What's your thoughts on the revenue spent for goverment housing ? That comes outa your pocket too ! Build more of em so you can play up to compete ! I'm not a fan of privates playing with the publics but which of the above would you wanna send your tax dollars too ?

Im NOT for the govt being too involved in anything! My tax dollars should educate my children (with activities), manage good roads in the state I live, put away violent criminals (public hangings would be cheaper) and support the military.

MY money should not be used to pay for politicians' life-long vacations! Nor used to build your house, my neighbor's house nor anyother's house! Nor should MY money be spent to ensure that slothful, deadbeats get to watch 'Springer' all day and eat, drink at my expense.

If our money was spent the way "we" see fit, education would be excellent, we could leave our doors open at night, and privates would have a hard time keeping the power on!

This Discussion Is Redundant...TSSAA Should Be About Equal Oppourtunity And Fairness. Now Is It Fair That Joe Smoe Has The Money To Put His Kid In A Better School And Atheletic Program? Sure It Is! But On The Other Hand Let Lil Johhny Compete With the Schools That Offer Scholarships And Are Funded By Tuitions. If You Want A Level Playing Field....Seperate Public From Private... :thumb:

:thumb:

Don't get me started on government waste or welfare. That would kill this nice football thread. LOL

I didnt have the same self-restraint as you :roflolk:

If we ran our business as the govt does (including the TN Dept of Edu), this $10 million a year operation would be gone in less than a week!

I have told Haslem, and the director at TDOE the same dang thing too! PITIFUL

What you fail to take into account is median income and actual property value. You proposition of taxing everyone at 12,000 per year in Tellica Plains would put the majority of people in the "Poor House" it they had one. I ddin't realize everyone up in Indiana were doing so well. I guess I need to start growing corn.

Hit the nail on the head!

I agree with many of the points in your post. Tennessee is one of the worst states I see when it comes to funding for public education. From buildings to technology & extracurricular activities. Your assessment of people not wanting to pony up the dough is spot on. Further I commend you for your willingness to sacrifice for your child's education. GCA has & will continue to draw fire for the way they have chosen to build their athletic program. I'm certain many of the kids on that team are from families just like yours & some probably much less fortunate with far greater sacrifices to be there. With that said we all know that the administration as well as the coach have in the past & most likely will in the future commit rules violations in the name of success on the football field. It further draws negative views when many of the GCA faithful have been on this board for several years now proclaiming to the world how much less funding they receive compared to public schools then they go drop several hundred thousand dollars on shiny new field turf. It's not greed of have not's coveting thy neighbors turf, it's disgust of having a program talking out of their mouth & their tail pipe at the same time. Couple that with the arrogance many of the fan base has & the lack of discretion on the coaching staff when beating a far inferior program into the ground while still pouring it on with the starters playing late. Well you have a recipe for poor public image. It's very unfortunate for the legit athletes at GCA that their adults have let them down. Do me one favor prior to responding. Take yourself out of your current position & try to look at the situation as an outside observer. Then see if you don't understand a little better where most of the "non-supporters" are coming from.

I'll give you recent history indicates we have poured it on, but I think this year our coaching staff did class job of NOT pouring it on when they could have had 80 in like 4 games. Do you realize GCA not only went 5-0 in their district, but did it unscored upon? Like 250 to 0 in 5 district games and that was playing our freshman and jv most of the 2nd half of games. Life and people are not perfect, but I appreciate your thoughts here. Nice to have someone offer other discourse without calling me an idiot first. Truly I appreciate that.

I understand why people have contempt of the "old" GCA but the "new" GCA is wiser, more humble, and certainly more aware. Trust me.......another probation and you would not need Moses to lead that exodous. I have a 13 year old Basketball player that is going there soon from home schooling. My oldest son (football) built alot of character over the last 2 years at the expense of ridicule, name calling, and basic hatred for his team when they showed up at every away venue. We took it, survived it, and now it's time to move on...... by the book. Do it right, or we will do it somewhere else.

And I never called anyone ignorant. I never called anyone in particular ignorant, i meant that as a prevailing attitude. Sort of like, well, that's the way it's always been and that's good enough for us. Who thinks like that? I guess I just have a hard time being objective, but then again, I have a good job, strong family background, and a good start in life. Not rich, but not poor......Just middle class with a desire to exceed and excel. Maybe I should do more service work in the Midway's and Oakdale's of the world and just shut up for awile and ejoy what I have. I suppose contempt is just as unflattering as jealousy.

But, I will never apologize for success on any scale, when earned the right way.

I did a little research. It looks like Grace costs less than $10,000 per year tuition. Is this right? They will attract all kinds of kids simply wanting to play on the turf.

The last I checked GCA (And this is public knowledge, just call and ask what it cost for your kid to go there) is around $570 bucks a month - one kid.

The last I checked CAK was about $775 and Webb was about $2000 a month. Those numbers may be off some but I would say close enough for comparison.

CAK and GCA are good bargins and basically about the cost of a new Ford Mustang or F-250. Which is more important?

:thumb:

Imma telling ya, if we took over govt spending (and quit just giving them our money to blow) and placed our money where it belonged, private schools would see a big difference...'cause public education and facilities would be to par.

How to go about that? Not like the 'occupy Wall St' crew...heck they just want more of what someone else has! It'd be the same as just starting all over, where everybody carried their own burden, fought for their own and didn't allow govt to rule the people but people the govt...and that's a sacrifice not many would be willing to make. And our children will continue to get the short end of the stick.....JMO

Edited by uknoit2

I'll give you recent history indicates we have poured it on, but I think this year our coaching staff did class job of NOT pouring it on when they could have had 80 in like 4 games. Do you realize GCA not only went 5-0 in their district, but did it unscored upon? Like 250 to 0 in 5 district games and that was playing our freshman and jv most of the 2nd half of games. Life and people are not perfect, but I appreciate your thoughts here. Nice to have someone offer other discourse without calling me an idiot first. Truly I appreciate that.

I understand why people have contempt of the "old" GCA but the "new" GCA is wiser, more humble, and certainly more aware. Trust me.......another probation and you would not need Moses to lead that exodous. I have a 13 year old Basketball player that is going there soon from home schooling. My oldest son (football) built alot of character over the last 2 years at the expense of ridicule, name calling, and basic hatred for his team when they showed up at every away venue. We took it, survived it, and now it's time to move on...... by the book. Do it right, or we will do it somewhere else.

And I never called anyone ignorant. I never called anyone in particular ignorant, i meant that as a prevailing attitude. Sort of like, well, that's the way it's always been and that's good enough for us. Who thinks like that? I guess I just have a hard time being objective, but then again, I have a good job, strong family background, and a good start in life. Not rich, but not poor......Just middle class with a desire to exceed and excel. Maybe I should do more service work in the Midway's and Oakdale's of the world and just shut up for awile and ejoy what I have. I suppose contempt is just as unflattering as jealousy.

But, I will never apologize for success on any scale, when earned the right way.

And when you can beat the teams in your region 250 to 0 with the jv's playing most of the 2ond half, what does that tell you. It tells me you are in the wrong league.

I am not crazy about the idea of artificial turf. There is a reason most colleges and universities have gotten away from it 20 years ago. Mostly because of certain types of injuries. Grider should really look at that Dunlap man's field. It took that Dunlap man 25 years to grow that field. Then the built a stadium around it. You think I am joking but I am not.

Most colleges and universities are going back to the new field turf