BGA (7-3) vs. McCallie (4-5)

cats1031

15 members have voted

1. 1. BGA vs. McCallie

• BGA
    • McCallie

BGA held off the Blue Tornado earlier this season 33-21 with a second half charge by McCallie. I believe that McCallie is that team that could make a run in the playoffs this year. They may be behind 20+ points at the half but they are a resilient team. They have made second half comebacks against both BGA and Baylor.

Prediction: BGA 30-24 in a hard fought game

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BGA held off the Blue Tornado earlier this season 33-21 with a second half charge by McCallie. I believe that McCallie is that team that could make a run in the playoffs this year. They may be behind 20+ points at the half but they are a resilient team. They have made second half comebacks against both BGA and Baylor.

Prediction: BGA 30-24 in a hard fought game

Although it is difficult in this league to beat decent teams twice in a season, BGA is still favored. McCallie is tough and physical but their passing game is in shambles and if their best running back is shut down in the A gaps, they will have trouble. They will not quit though and will play tough.

BGA held off the Blue Tornado earlier this season 33-21 with a second half charge by McCallie. I believe that McCallie is that team that could make a run in the playoffs this year.

When McCallie gets its running game going its offense can be tough to stop, working patiently and methodically. It's a challenging road for them though: at BGA, at MUS, then possibly at Ensworth in the semifinals and a potential finals matchup against possibly Baylor or BA. That's a tough quartet of games to win, particularly all away from home.

As always, I will be rooting hard for the Blue Tornado, but I am not feeling very optimistic. As a previous poster said, McCallie's passing game is virtually non-existent, and when a team is one-dimensional they are easier to defend. McCallie will play hard, hopefully play smart, and (hopefully) hold on to the football. But, I am fearful that in the end, when the big-boned, non-male person has sung, McCallie will be left holding the short end of the stick.

BGA 31 - McCallie 24 (hope I am wrong).....

....and throw the football BUBBA!

Ok, I have stocked up on tissues and a large bottle of astronomical proof adult beverage and will shortly be ready to brave the game.

I am not very hopeful for this evening. I'm afraid we are too one dimensional and don't seem to protect the ball well.

38-27 BGA

I think this may be the first time I've not picked the Blue. I'm going to pretend that I am Victoria Principal and I'm going to wake up and this season will have all been a dream!

I'm sorry I forgot my manners... hope everyone has a safe trip to and from the game both those near and far.

For those Blue fans in attendance, yell loudly even if looks dim and always remember that "It could happen!"

Now to turn over my keys to my faithful golden, Maximus Blue Nader.

Well, well, well.... Awesome job gentlemen! My hat is off to you!

One thing to always remember especially in the post season the team that can get the most yards rushing the ball wins over 85% of the time. Congradualtion to the Big Blue you kept to being who you are this year and in the end it is paying off. Good luck at MUS.