7AAA vs Maryville

SCBisondad

Well still waiting how many 6A teams did ya play this year? They have 1 6A state championship out of the 2 that have been played and NO 5A state championships get that NONE!!!!And the one they won 2010 was because Smyrna's center rolled the ball back to the holder with 1 minute left in the game for a 14 yard go ahead field goal. Yes they won not dominated at all like you all think. Yes there is no dought, Maryville has a good football program but it is not as dominating as you make it out. I made no excuses last year when they beat Smyrna I congratulated them and asked them to grill my crow and will do the same this year if they win!!!!

You do realize that Maryville was a 4A school before entering 6A, right?? You also realize that Smyrna hasn't always been a 5A-6A school & Maryville has beaten them before when both schools were 4A, right? Better yet, Maryville defeated a Red Bank team years back that was not only the defending 5A champs who beat Riverdale 35-7 in the 5A title game, had Gerald Riggs, & was baisically the same team when they moved down to 4A...

As far as 6A teams, Farragut, Bearden, Oak Ridge, & a few others would qualify onthat list. NEXT

You do realize that Maryville was a 4A school before entering 6A, right?? You also realize that Smyrna hasn't always been a 5A-6A school & Maryville has beaten them before when both schools were 4A, right? Better yet, Maryville defeated a Red Bank team years back that was not only the defending 5A champs who beat Riverdale 35-7 in the 5A title game, had Gerald Riggs, & was baisically the same team when they moved down to 4A...

As far as 6A teams, Farragut, Bearden, Oak Ridge, & a few others would qualify onthat list. NEXT

Smyrna has 2 state championships at the highest level possible for the years they won it (5A), there was no 6A those years. Maryville has one at the highest level possible.

Next.

Smyrna has 2 state championships at the highest level possible for the years they won it (5A), there was no 6A those years. Maryville has one at the highest level possible.

Next.

I realize there was not a 6A class, but Smyrna was a 4A school with Luke Powell & Larry Daniels playing, were they not? Before Rankin left Riverdale, then I would have to say that Riverdale was top of the food chain some of the time. When Aydelott came, they have stuck with an antiquated offense & unless Maryville's weak on the DL, then you have to have a passing game to beat them...

I realize there was not a 6A class, but Smyrna was a 4A school with Luke Powell & Larry Daniels playing, were they not? Before Rankin left Riverdale, then I would have to say that Riverdale was top of the food chain some of the time. When Aydelott came, they have stuck with an antiquated offense & unless Maryville's weak on the DL, then you have to have a passing game to beat them...

How many new high schools have opened up in your county/city school district in the last 10 years? Rutherfords growth has led to new high schools being opened in the county. That spreads the talent out dramatically. If Rutherford was a 3 or 4 high school county, I dont think Maryville would even be discussed.

The best football overall is in Rutherford county. Period. No discussion of hs football happens without them being discussed. Even with more and more schools spreading the wealth of athletes around, Rutherford is always in the hunt. Alcoa and Maryville are too, but they are realistically the only game in town. Any of about 5 teams are capable of a state championship from Rutherford.

How many new high schools have opened up in your county/city school district in the last 10 years? Rutherfords growth has led to new high schools being opened in the county. That spreads the talent out dramatically. If Rutherford was a 3 or 4 high school county, I dont think Maryville would even be discussed.

The best football overall is in Rutherford county. Period. No discussion of hs football happens without them being discussed. Even with more and more schools spreading the wealth of athletes around, Rutherford is always in the hunt. Alcoa and Maryville are too, but they are realistically the only game in town. Any of about 5 teams are capable of a state championship from Rutherford.

Rutherford County population: 262,604

Blount County population: 123,010

City of Maryville population: 27,465

City of Alcoa population: 8,449

I'll take Maryville + Alcoa over all others

Rutherford County population: 262,604

Blount County population: 123,010

City of Maryville population: 27,465

City of Alcoa population: 8,449

I'll take Maryville + Alcoa over all others

Your numbers prove my point,. Which of these schools are opened zoned and which charge a very low tuition for out of district students and whats the power house privates nearby they recruit top players away?

You've got to be joking... Rutherford County was NOTHING before Rankin came, I lived there for years & know quite well the history there. Often times, they had players come in simply b/c their parents got jobs at the plant. Eric Locke being one prime example as he was a Cookeville kid about to play for my cousin's team before his daddy moved him the Riverdale. If you want to start looking at per capita numbers, Blount County has produced far more D1 players PER CAPITA than Rutherford County over the long haul. If you were to take the total number of players from each of the schools in Rutherford against a team of just Maryville/Alcoa boys, it wouldn't even be close... Better Coaches + Better Players = Better Football. You can't argue that fact & even more is the greatest coach in Rutherford County history now resides in Blount County. Not to mention the fact that he's only the 2nd best coach in Blount County right now.

Edited by JSamson7

Here are some numbers. 11 vs 11.

Now take 3 of your 11 and send them to a new school that just opened and take your top 1 of the eleven and watch them go to a private, then fill in those spots with what you have left and still be a top ranked team. Thats 7aaa football. You guys have no idea what 7aaa fights through and is still the toughest district in the state and playing for championships almost every year.

You can't compare a whole district to one team. The reality is D7AAA is absolutely the best district in the state, hands down. I don't see that changing anytime soon because the 'Boro is one the fastest growing cities in the country. I heard there will a new high school built in Rockvale. If true, talent will be thinned again. As far as a single team goes, Maryville is the standard that other teams work toward. So, until someone knocks them off, Maryville is the best TEAM in the state. JMO :thumb: