Rhea County

EagleLegend1

The only reason we've won at all for the past few years has been #8. It's really not that complicated. He threw for 6,000 yards to receivers who ran 5.0's while he was running for his life. You people have no appreciation for how much he meant to our program.

I appreciate all #8 did. A great player and person. But let me ask you a question or 2. How many practices did you attend and how many of the players did you talk to this year?

I appreciate all #8 did. A great player and person. But let me ask you a question or 2. How many practices did you attend and how many of the players did you talk to this year?

This really has nothing to do with anything. I'm still waiting on you to answer my original question. Name one team in the last ten years with less talent. Please.

Pure conjecture, but I stand by my original opinion that if this "untalented" lackluster team had been coached by Jason Fitzgerald, we would have had at least two more wins, easily. But we'll never know.

And your statement of this team being the worst Rhea team you've seen is really just foolish to continue to post, don't you think? I stand by the boys that put in the hard work this year and I commend them. They definitely displayed character, determination and commitment. They never quit. I'll take that over a 10-0 season any day.

What I believe what needs to be said about this whole subject is the product that was put on the field was no where near what Rhea County football has been or what is supposed to be. I believe the players tried hard but were not put in a position to succeed. Yes the late hire had some to do with it but with many players returning the leadership and direction of the program is where I find fault. I was embarrased by all the personal foul penalties. Plus I do not recall in the last 8-10 years, the officials having to bring players together like they did in 3-4 games this year to tell them to act right. Let alone the delay of game penalties and other penalties just not being organized and prepared. The actions towards the players at practice, in the weight room and the training area, plus the obsentity laced half-time talk at Walker Valley was enough to make me sick that this was a Rhea County coaching staff. This is a proud county, with great football tradition and the players and fans who are involved deserve and demand better treatment than they got this year. The administration needs to gather all this information and make the right decision and remove some of the parties involved and start over. At least then the school would have the winter and spring to be prepared for next season.

What I believe what needs to be said about this whole subject is the product that was put on the field was no where near what Rhea County football has been or what is supposed to be. I believe the players tried hard but were not put in a position to succeed. Yes the late hire had some to do with it but with many players returning the leadership and direction of the program is where I find fault. I was embarrased by all the personal foul penalties. Plus I do not recall in the last 8-10 years, the officials having to bring players together like they did in 3-4 games this year to tell them to act right. Let alone the delay of game penalties and other penalties just not being organized and prepared. The actions towards the players at practice, in the weight room and the training area, plus the obsentity laced half-time talk at Walker Valley was enough to make me sick that this was a Rhea County coaching staff. This is a proud county, with great football tradition and the players and fans who are involved deserve and demand better treatment than they got this year. The administration needs to gather all this information and make the right decision and remove some of the parties involved and start over. At least then the school would have the winter and spring to be prepared for next season.

Its hard for any coach to take over that late and implement any system..you just said get a new coach now so he can have fall workouts. Spring practice and summer workouts. It make a huge difference..I know results were not what you wanted but if you think if Fitzgerald only had three wins this year you would call for his head to. RHEA will be back if Greene decides to stay