Mt. Juliet VS. Siegel

goldenbeers

WOW! Blackman lost to Riverdale, I-train or not, and you leave Riverdale out of this equation. The only reason Mt. Juliet would make it to the finals is because Riverdale and Maryville are in the upper bracket. Then MJ still has to get past some good teams such as Whitehaven and Arlington.

Blackman with a healthy I-Train would have and will beat Riverdale.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean this same young and rebuilding Oakland team that beat Siegel this year. A.t.t. i'm more concerned about this year and not next year. All I know is that so far this year we are 2-0 against the mighty 7AAA and 11-0 overall.

Just sayin....

LaVergne Lites don't count. Everybody beats them. While comparing scores are not always valuable, Blackman and Riverdale were clearly better than anyone else in the district. MJ barely beat Oakland. While Oakland beat Siegel, Siegel did not have one of their quarterbacks available and that limited them to a running team. With Stockstill, they are multi-dimensional. MJ would place maybe third in 7AAA.

I watched the MJ vs Oakland game and the first half was the worst that I have seen MJ play all year. I know that Oakland is supposed to be better than any other team that MJ has played but never the less, they didnt start playing ball like MJ until the 3rd quarter. Siegals QB might be great but MJ's QB isnt any slouch and they have a few awesome tailbacks and powerhouse fullback. If siegal can throw alot of points on the board then I will venture to say that there will be alot of points on both sides.

I say MJ by 14.....

LaVergne Lites don't count. Everybody beats them. While comparing scores are not always valuable, Blackman and Riverdale were clearly better than anyone else in the district. MJ barely beat Oakland. While Oakland beat Siegel, Siegel did not have one of their quarterbacks available and that limited them to a running team. With Stockstill, they are multi-dimensional. MJ would place maybe third in 7AAA.

Although I agree with most of what you stated, I have to question one part ("Blackman and Riverdale were clearly better than anyone else in the district"). I only saw Smyrna 3 times this year but they looked as good as any team I saw in district 7AAA. On a good night they could have beaten any team in the state. They beat Siegel in overtime and lost to Blackman in overtime.

But I get your point, GOOD POST. :popcorneater:

GO BLAZE!

Blackman with a healthy I-Train would have and will beat Riverdale.

Wishing for what could have been. Mathers is a great back from what I have seen. UT may have beat FL. if the top receiver had not gotten hurt early in the game. My point is the game is played with who you have at the time of the game.

As for your other statement Maryville would not fare so well in Middle TN., that may be true. However looking at who they have beaten and the records of those schools may indicate different. What I cannot disagree with anybody about is the power of the Murfreesboro area district. Top to bottom, best in state!

All that said, let me add, Go MJ! Good to see a fresh face making a splash.

Edited by TruDat

Lol... Yeah cuz Gallatin, Hendersonville, Beech, and Station Camp didn't all win their 1st round games or anything.... I think there are only 2 teams that have a legit shot at beating MJ this year, and they are Blackman(with a healthy Mathers) and Maryville(Because they are the Boise St of 6A football). It wouldn't surprise me if MJ wins this by 4 or 5 td's.

Four or five touchdowns????? You my friend are plain ignorant. What was your prediction for your game against Oakland last week 7 or 8 touchdowns??? This will be a one score game regardless who wins. It is a coin flip.

Four or five touchdowns????? You my friend are plain ignorant. What was your prediction for your game against Oakland last week 7 or 8 touchdowns??? This will be a one score game regardless who wins. It is a coin flip.

Agree 100%. Coin flip at best. Oakland had a decent running game and a suspect passing game. This week MJ faces a solid run game and an outstanding passing game. Should be a good test for the Bears. My pick is Siegel by a fieldgoal. As long as they don't go for two.