Morristown East at Morristown West Rematch

motownanddown

Only the 2nd time in history the crosstown rivals meet in playoff competition. The first meeting this season was a 19-17 thriller that West took in the final minutes. Both teams have been on a roll since the meeting and have steadily improved their games. Should Be another classic. My prediction Mo West-24 Mo East-17

Edited by motownanddown

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the 2nd time in history the crosstown rivals meet in playoff competition. The first meeting this season was a 19-17 thriller that West took in the final minutes. Both teams have been on a roll since the meeting and have steadily improved their games. Should Be another classic. My prediction Mo West-24 Mo East-17

Yes but i think We will win by a little larger margin than last time, West 34 East 17

Yes but i think We will win by a little larger margin than last time, West 34 East 17

As a Eastfan, I think this game come down to coaching. Reg season game, Morristown East

out-played Morristown West for most of the game. Give Mo-West credit for making the plays

at the end.Coach Hatcher & his staff made some great defensive adjustment before that game.

East was giving up 300 yards a game against the run, before the West game.The last six weeks

Morristown East has played some great defense. We are really starting to hit people on both side

of the football. The most physical team normally win in rematch games!

1)which coach, Brown or Hatcher is going to make the correct adjustment from the 1st game.

For West- can they run the football better in this game? or will the need to pass more?

East-will have to stop West from running the football, or it will be a long night.

East's cannot afford costly turnovers(like QB center exchange) we need to hit just enought

passes to keep Mo-west from stacking the line of scrimmage. #1 must run like he has the last

few weeks. #1 use your speed on those sweeps, make one move & cut it up!

Morristown East is due, They win by 7 GO CANES!

Edited by EASTFAN

East will play West two weeks in a row.

Morristown East 24

Morristown West 21

Then on to Knox West.

I just don't see it. Only 1 team has scored more than 20 on the West Defense all year (Sevier County) and that game was 14-0 going into the 4th quarter. West is finally healthy, Wesley Goins was a non factor in the last meeting due to an ankle but is 100% going into this week, not to mention the rise of sophomores Malachi Horton and Isiah Dial. Horton has 10 touchdowns (8 rushing, 2 on punt returns)in the last 4 games. On top of all that the passing game is finally clicking. Jeremiah Gregg is back on the level he was at the beginning of the season making jaw dropping plays for yards after the catch. East only drove the ball down the the field twice in the regular season meeting and they will have to throw the ball if they want more success, which they have been unable to do all season. West has developed their offense into a much more balanced attack since the Sevier County game and i just dont see the East defense holding it off for 4 quarters.

I just don't see it. Only 1 team has scored more than 20 on the West Defense all year (Sevier County) and that game was 14-0 going into the 4th quarter. West is finally healthy, Wesley Goins was a non factor in the last meeting due to an ankle but is 100% going into this week, not to mention the rise of sophomores Malachi Horton and Isiah Dial. Horton has 10 touchdowns (8 rushing, 2 on punt returns)in the last 4 games. On top of all that the passing game is finally clicking. Jeremiah Gregg is back on the level he was at the beginning of the season making jaw dropping plays for yards after the catch. East only drove the ball down the the field twice in the regular season meeting and they will have to throw the ball if they want more success, which they have been unable to do all season. West has developed their offense into a much more balanced attack since the Sevier County game and i just dont see the East defense holding it off for 4 quarters.

I may be wrong, but can't you usually throw everything out the window when these two play each other. By the numbers I would agree with West being victorious. However, this is a rivalry game. Rivalries don't tend to go by the book. It is playoff time also, so both will play hard. Should be a great game either way. Just wondering, what is the all time record in the series?

I may be wrong, but can't you usually throw everything out the window when these two play each other. By the numbers I would agree with West being victorious. However, this is a rivalry game. Rivalries don't tend to go by the book. It is playoff time also, so both will play hard. Should be a great game either way. Just wondering, what is the all time record in the series?

I think the all-time record is close to 25-15 West, I may be wrong though. I do know it is 12-2 West in the past 14 meetings