Blackman at Riverdale

rollercoaster

I hate to burst your bubble, but there is not a "new" toss every ot period. The roles flip every additional period. The winner of the first toss chooses offense or defense and the loser chooses the side of field. Before the second overtime the "loser" of the coin toss before the 1st ot then chooses offense or defense so forth and so on. Only one toss, and the roles reverse each period. Winner of the toss gets the O or D choice in odd numbered overtimes and the loser of the toss gets the choice in even numbered periods. Hope that helps explain it.....and girls (at least some) do know quite a bit about sports.

HA OK OK, im so wrong! thanks, i figured that out after i wrote it. just with whatever confusion was going on between smyrna and franklin is frustrating, and see i hate overtime games, probably dont help that between hs, college, and nfl there all done differently. i wish there was something that could be done but know its to late. I probablly say this and im pretty unpopular with this thought but i wish they played another quarter. i know it wouldnt always be a relaistic thing just becuase that could end up in a whole lot of extra time for players to get hurt and be tired and what not. so in that case with how it is now i would always want to play defense and take 2nd possession becuase then you know what you have to do to win so i would want to win the toss to make that choice and not go in to a 2nd ot but that would be my personal choice lol. I dont do overtime games as i said up there, that stuff is way to stressful for me!! :)

Edited by Riverdale06

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to this game. The wrestling team is having a chili supper prior to the game in the main cafeteria. Have some chili and then come on over...

They said the chili supper was going to be at 6:00 PM. I actually want to be walking in the stadium at 6:00. Chili supper needs to start at 5:30.

Chili lovers demand early chili supper!! :D

They said the chili supper was going to be at 6:00 PM. I actually want to be walking in the stadium at 6:00. Chili supper needs to start at 5:30.

Chili lovers demand early chili supper!! :D

I hear ya! When they asked us to make the announcement I asked them if the time was right? 6:00? I told them they needed to start at 4:00 so people had time to eat before going into the stadium... Maybe they will change the time???? I hope so or I won't be getting to eat any chili....

I hear ya! When they asked us to make the announcement I asked them if the time was right? 6:00? I told them they needed to start at 4:00 so people had time to eat before going into the stadium... Maybe they will change the time???? I hope so or I won't be getting to eat any chili....

So you really think it's a good idea to eat a pot of chili 3 hours before the game?

Please sit on the Riverdale side and let her rip boys.

I'm glad to say I'll be (up wind) on the Blackman side for more reasons than one this week. :rolleyes:

GO BLAZE! :popcorneater:

Riverdale had a very poor tunout for their playoff game with CC. Heard that Blackman didn't have a very good crowd either. Will this be the crowd I would expect or with temps in the 40s keep a lot of people home? I would expect an overflow crowd for this matchup.

Can we buy our tickets at the school this week? Can we get them at the chilli supper(that seems like a good marketing move).

Looks like good weather...just a little cool.

Edited by TDCman

Riverdale had a very poor tunout for their playoff game with CC. Heard that Blackman didn't have a very good crowd either. Will this be the crowd I would expect or with temps in the 40s keep a lot of people home? I would expect an overflow crowd for this matchup.

Can we buy our tickets at the school this week? Can we get them at the chilli supper(that seems like a good marketing move).

Looks like good weather...just a little cool.

I would say the $8 ticket price had more to do with the turnout than the weather. T$$AA has gone so far off the tracks being money hungry, it's not even funny.