Columbia Academy (8-2) @ Eagleville (10-0)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in a post on another thread where someone asked if CA had scored early or late in the game. CA left their starters in and let their #1 RB run all over our 2nd string players(all Freshman and Soph.) Then the coach from CA said he hopped that he got to play us again in the playoffs. I was thinkin....are you crazy? :blink::wacko:

I'm confused at why you would take that in a bad way? when I played I heard that a million times from other coaches. If anything it's a compliment....like "hey, ya'll are good, we hope to get to the point in the playoffs where we can play you again" for example i'm pretty sure when i played, our coaches (old CA coaching staff) said it to the mTp coaches/players...no one took it wrong, it was like "yea we hope we meet you guys too" because it meant that we were both in at least the 3rd round...

-and unfortunately the TSN website doesn't seem to be working, at least for me....is there anyone who will be updating this game online?

Edited by Monkey Wrench

What game were you watching?? CA fumbled in the red zone (which gave you an easy first td)> Then, CA should have scored right before halftime to tie..but the QB threw an interception right to your secondary (with no receiver even close) which killed that scoring opportunity. Second TD, ref made bad call on ball spot to allow TD.

CA coaching (horrible choke on play calling) had eighth and ninth graders playing on special teams (which allowed kickoff return for td).

Credit to Eagleville on one thing though. Eagleville obviously studied film and double covered #10 all night. Great containment on outside perimeter and an overral good performance by Eagleville's defense and special teams coverage. Eagleville offense though was not impressive at all! Of CA's three losses this year, this one hurt the most. CA should have easily beaten this team. CA was afraid to pass. Without the pass, CA play calling was so predictable, it was simple to stop (when you run the same plays over and over).

Just had to address your comment that Eagleville should have won by more points. Eagleville was extremely lucky to come out of this game with the victory. Regardless, Eagleville moves on. Good luck.

I saw the same game you did and if we played again the results would be the same . CA had two drives, you scored on one and QB was running for his life, made a bad decision and threw the pick. We also stopped your sweeps and out hit you. #10 didn't want to be hit! #29 was a good ball player. What did the scoreboard say?

outasight...I am a neutral observer. And your evaluation is completely off. After the first drive of the 3rd quarter that game was never even in doubt. Eagleville was in complete control basically the entire game. The only reason the score was not worse was because Eagleville turned the ball over on multiple drives where they were moving the ball. CA won turnover battle and still could not get anything going. Eagleville defense completely dominated CA offense. What was evident watching that game is that Eagleville was the better team.

Edited by communityhero

• 4 months later...

I dont think I have picked against your team at all this year I was just giving an opinion, I hope yall beat CA because they are a bunch of cocky coaches that like to run the score up on lesser teams and I wish WC and PC coaches had of run it up on them, but WC coaches dont play like that. I wish yall the best of luck in these playoffs.

How do we have cocky coaches? Have you watched our games our startes don't even play the whole game we have freshman line,an in by the 2 and 3 quarter I can name them all who had almost as much tackles as I did. A lot of times we would let them play a few plays in the first quarter. And if your going to cry because the score is being is high on you why are you out there? It's football grow up stop acting like a bunch of girls. Get your act together and practice harder

• 2 weeks later...

How do we have cocky coaches? Have you watched our games our startes don't even play the whole game we have freshman line,an in by the 2 and 3 quarter I can name them all who had almost as much tackles as I did. A lot of times we would let them play a few plays in the first quarter. And if your going to cry because the score is being is high on you why are you out there? It's football grow up stop acting like a bunch of girls. Get your act together and practice harder

wildcat89 is from Wayne County