Oneida at Hampton

uknoit2

Kev were you saying that nick and brandon winchester,webb the bucks,buchanan,casey,horney,jones,hughes,b.j.,simmons,luke,harrisons,possum,tim and jr clawson,baker,austin,sluder,moore,and many more that thier parents think had some talent did not have any talent.One of those was my son and i really thought he was a pretty good ballpayer at lesat good enough to go to the stete tournament in Bball.Thats real.Please dont say our children have no talent and that CHS has not had any talent for 10 years simply not true.

What Iam saying is Mark Byrd and the rest of his class graduated. Most of the boys you named know what Iam talking about. Ask some of them how they felt when there coach left.

Talent was quite abundant the year he left,the JV's destroyed everyone. Several of um quit and even quit school.But even with the one's that stayed,they won 9 games their senior year under Coach Keith.Also took Coalfield to the bitter end in the 2ond round of the playoffs.If Jonah Horney hadn't got hurt in that game,I'm sure they would have won that one too.It don't look to me like Cloudland is too crazy about keeping coaches.

I wonder when the talent is gonna run out at Hampton.I'll tell you when,It'll be about the same time he quits coaching.Sour grapes is fine ,but at some point you have to look at reality and see whats really happening.Thats real ,like it or not. If any of this can be disputed I'm happy to hear your statistics. Until then I'll just stand pat. Reckon Robbie and Keith didn't like the kids or the school either. Wonder why they left.

Who won the Middle School that year? Hampton. Where did he end up? Hampton. Did we beat Hampton the year after he left when he was at Avery after beating them 10 straight times? No. Iam just saying it looked like he knew what he was doing when he left and ending up at Hampton. Maybe Iam wrong but everybody has there own opinion.

Who won the Middle School that year? Hampton. Where did he end up? Hampton. Did we beat Hampton the year after he left when he was at Avery after beating them 10 straight times? No. Iam just saying it looked like he knew what he was doing when he left and ending up at Hampton. Maybe Iam wrong but everybody has there own opinion.

I would say those boys did not think that they had no talent.Probably very mad at coach Lunce and wanted to beat him badly.I also think that is the only time Hamptons JR high has beaten Cloudlands. Cloudlands has won 13 out of 15 games i think. My son was very hurt when coach left but to this day he still loves and respects Mike more than any coach he ever had.

I would say those boys did not think that they had no talent.Probably very mad at coach Lunce and wanted to beat him badly.I also think that is the only time Hamptons JR high has beaten Cloudlands. Cloudlands has won 13 out of 15 games i think. My son was very hurt when coach left but to this day he still loves and respects Mike more than any coach he ever had.

Iam still around alot of the boys your talking about and I know how they feel about it. Pretty much the same as me. I am pretty sure they know that I dont think they had no talent. They felt like if they had a Byrd (one of the best players ever in the county) nobody would've left.

I really felt like Hampton would have won this game, especially playin at home. It was hard for me to get a good gage on how good Oneida really was when we played em we had so many kids sick or injured I couldn't tell if they were really that good or not. I guess they wer really that good. I thought hamptons run game would gash that 3 front oneida runs. Did oneida run the 3 against hampton or did they adjust to stop the run?

I really felt like Hampton would have won this game, especially playin at home. It was hard for me to get a good gage on how good Oneida really was when we played em we had so many kids sick or injured I couldn't tell if they were really that good or not. I guess they wer really that good. I thought hamptons run game would gash that 3 front oneida runs. Did oneida run the 3 against hampton or did they adjust to stop the run?

Hampton rushed for over 300 yards,the 105 in penalties was their downfall.5 personal fouls in the second done them in.Oneida was a good team ,we didn't have alot of room for error.

Just to put in my two cents... any coach that would leave one school for another based on the Jr high program isn't too smart!

I've know many-a Jr high programs that were dominant....then their competition starts growing a lil man hair and shoots right by em in high school!

Iam still around alot of the boys your talking about and I know how they feel about it. Pretty much the same as me. I am pretty sure they know that I dont think they had no talent. They felt like if they had a Byrd (one of the best players ever in the county) nobody would've left.

I also talk to alot of these kids and think highly of um. I agree they were very disapointed when he left, I guess at the time ,they felt like he had no confidence in um. But in reality,that wasn't the case at all,He just didn't like what he was doing at the school and wasn't happy with it. As far as the kids goes, I'm quite sure he would go outta his way to help anyone of them if they needed it. Shoot he almost ran a free taxi cab hunting and hauling kids around. The starting 11 that could have been from that JV bunch could have played with pretty much anyone.

The biggest thing that hurts Hampton and Cloudland is that they are not diverse enough on offense.This day and age you cant just run the ball.Both schools have talent but you have to have multiple ways to get the ball in the hands of that talent to make plays.You got to create one on one situations and hope your player wins.Dont get me wrong you want to be able to pound the ball when you need to.Both teams will always have pretty good defenses because the kids are so hard nosed.

its my opinion that mike done what he felt like was best for lil michael 3 straight semi's with a record of somewhere near 38-4 those three years (thats my recollection could be different) sounds like he gave him the best chance for a successful high school career just my opinion but there were other underlying circumstances with the "powers that be" in roan mtn that factored into his decision now many of the voices that pushed him out are calling him back kinda ironic the ole ball coach may not have ever won the big one but at least he got them to it several times (the big one is not necessarily the state championship) thats more any other coach has ever done with the small talent pool that is found in a rural mtn school of under 250 kids if the present administration doesnt call mike it better be because they have someone better in mind which will be very hard to do i would like to compare varsity football winning percentages between luns and any other applicants not that mike is an applicant im just sayin well most of you guys know who i am and who my kids are i am not starting a mike lunsford bandwagon i have merely stated my opinions no matter who our kids get as a coach they will need our support again i am not calling for mike and as far as i know he has not made it known that he is interested in coming back to cloudland this post was about my opinion on why he left and his record speaks for itself so dont start bashing me if you dont like mike

Just to put in my two cents... any coach that would leave one school for another based on the Jr high program isn't too smart!

I've know many-a Jr high programs that were dominant....then their competition starts growing a lil man hair and shoots right by em in high school!

He didn't even go to Hampton when he left,he went to Avery. But Hampton wanted him down there the next year and he needed a job in TN for his retirement ,so that was a good fit, He had already coached under JC once before.None of it had to do with talented kids,just what he felt was the best for him and his family. Pretty simple.As far as that goes,he likes plenty of the kids at Cloudland now,but he's not looking for a new job.

its my opinion that mike done what he felt like was best for lil michael 3 straight semi's with a record of somewhere near 38-4 those three years (thats my recollection could be different) sounds like he gave him the best chance for a successful high school career just my opinion but there were other underlying circumstances with the "powers that be" in roan mtn that factored into his decision now many of the voices that pushed him out are calling him back kinda ironic the ole ball coach may not have ever won the big one but at least he got them to it several times (the big one is not necessarily the state championship) thats more any other coach has ever done with the small talent pool that is found in a rural mtn school of under 250 kids if the present administration doesnt call mike it better be because they have someone better in mind which will be very hard to do i would like to compare varsity football winning percentages between luns and any other applicants not that mike is an applicant im just sayin well most of you guys know who i am and who my kids are i am not starting a mike lunsford bandwagon i have merely stated my opinions no matter who our kids get as a coach they will need our support again i am not calling for mike and as far as i know he has not made it known that he is interested in coming back to cloudland this post was about my opinion on why he left and his record speaks for itself so dont start bashing me if you dont like mike

Mikes a coach and he's gonna have haters wherever he goes....comes with the territory!

Heck, some Hampton idiot started crap on that Topix site and had a few 'landers join in the hatred.

Most you boys know who I am also. I like Mike and Jr...Really think the world of em. They were instrumental in my oldest's confidence...doing for him what I, as a father, couldn't.

I hope they stay here, not only for my boys coming up but for all hard working talent looking forward to playing for him here.