Oneida at Hampton

uknoit2

Yeah I know these kids extremely well,the freshman class is as good as its gonna get at Cloudland. I wouldn't say they have great talent,but they are great hard working kids who have the Heart, pride and determination to win.I'd go to war with um anytime. They also have a few kids in the other classes,but several good uns don't play. A couple of things that they absolutely can't do is lose kids to other schools and hire new coaches every 2 or 3 years. They'll never get anywhere doing that.

I would like to talk a little about the dogs next year...I know its early and alot can happen in a years time..What do they look like next season..big shoes to fill in the backfield..will taylor be affected by his injury or do you see ford getting some carries,or do you see someone else..the line shuold be pretty solid and they do have a couple that can make some catches..i would like to hear what everyone thinks..

I would like to talk a little about the dogs next year...I know its early and alot can happen in a years time..What do they look like next season..big shoes to fill in the backfield..will taylor be affected by his injury or do you see ford getting some carries,or do you see someone else..the line shuold be pretty solid and they do have a couple that can make some catches..i would like to hear what everyone thinks..

The line should be solid and thats always a huge plus.I'm sure BJ will be fully recovered and should be a good back. There is going to be several positions up for grabs and someone is going to step up and get um. I guess it just depends on who wants to get in there and work the hardest.Weve got what it takes to field a pretty solid team,but the work ethic from now to next August will tell the tale.They should be fine.

I really don't think favoritism has been a problem over the past few years, I don't know of any kids playing thats had parents with enough influnence to warrant that.I don't think an outsider would work,they wouldn't care enough or understand what it takes to win at Cloudland. I don't think Matt would be the answer,because not enough people would trust his reason for taking the job.Away to many concerned parents and kids. I'd either keep Coach Overbey or hire Scot Potter. Both are very mature and hard working guys who would sell out for the entire program. Its going to take alot of hard work and dedication by several people to bring the program back . But I don't even know if any of these guys are even interested in the job.It'll be a tough one.Thats for sure.They do have alot of good kids,I just hope they do whats best for everyone concerned.I like these kids,they deserve a great leader.

In my opinion, they should hire Matt Birchfield. He is fiery and he will coach the line. There is a staggering difference in how the O and D lines have played since Mike left. We won all those games because our line dominated and we lost all the games we did this year because of laziness and lack of technique that a good kick in the rear every day would fix. Matt wouldn't tolerate nothing but hardcore digging your feet with your head on the side the ball is going to and driving your opponent into h#ll every play. He has proven himself to me as a person through the years. I think the best 11 would always be on the field and Coby will be one of those players because he is a good player. People just need to worry about winning again instead of who's going to be playing more than who. Merciful God! Can't we just buy into unity as a community and quit acting like a bunch of Creekers? I want the ole Roan Mountain back. The excitement and electricity on Friday nights.

In my opinion, they should hire Matt Birchfield. He is fiery and he will coach the line. There is a staggering difference in how the O and D lines have played since Mike left. We won all those games because our line dominated and we lost all the games we did this year because of laziness and lack of technique that a good kick in the rear every day would fix. Matt wouldn't tolerate nothing but hardcore digging your feet with your head on the side the ball is going to and driving your opponent into h#ll every play. He has proven himself to me as a person through the years. I think the best 11 would always be on the field and Coby will be one of those players because he is a good player. People just need to worry about winning again instead of who's going to be playing more than who. Merciful God! Can't we just buy into unity as a community and quit acting like a bunch of Creekers? I want the ole Roan Mountain back. The excitement and electricity on Friday nights.

I've got alot of respect for Matt as well,he's a fine person and his leadership speaks for itself. I've also heard all the talk and several people don't trust the situation.May even have a few defections.He would just be putting himself in a bad position.The trust is just not there. When you've been at a school this long and never had interest in a job,why would you want it now. People are people and they all have their agendas, its not they're fault,they're just humans. Put it this way,who do you like the best,you're kids or mine.

Shoot I'll even take it a step farther,I'd like it better if Hampton had a great coach that wasn't my kids uncle.Regardless of what my kid is able to accomplish, theres always going to be the yak,yak. I know Mike will play the best kids he has, and mine will get no favors,but others don't know him like I do. Perfect example was his two nephews at Cloudland,they were brothers and one was all state and the other rode the pine.

Edited by pujo

I've got alot of respect for Matt as well,he's a fine person and his leadership speaks for itself. I've also heard all the talk and several people don't trust the situation.May even have a few defections.He would just be putting himself in a bad position.The trust is just not there. When you've been at a school this long and never had interest in a job,why would you want it now. People are people and they all have their agendas, its not they're fault,they're just humans. Put it this way,who do you like the best,you're kids or mine.

Shoot I'll even take it a step farther,I'd like it better if Hampton had a great coach that wasn't my kids uncle.Regardless of what my kid is able to accomplish, theres always going to be the yak,yak. I know Mike will play the best kids he has, and mine will get no favors,but others don't know him like I do. Perfect example was his two nephews at Cloudland,they were brothers and one was all state and the other rode the pine.

Ryan Witten is interested in the job at cloudland.

He was for a very lil while...stepped down due to misconduct with "younger" students (if I remember correctly).

Id say the last poster was a being a bit sarcastic

Was not being sarcastic he really is interested. The incident was investigated and nothing came of it. I think he could really help the football program.