McMinn Central

RumpleSkin93

I would agree with this. Good idea.

Im sry but if a coach says theres works in the a.m. then they need to be there , it isnt always what the kids want, thats the problem these days , the kids and parents think they can run the show and have everything there way. If a kid cant wake up in the a.m. and workout and prac everyday i sure as heck dont wont him playin for me on friday nights, and i sure as heck wouldnt have him on my team at all. Lets face it central has never really been a good football school, if this was maryville or alcoa and you were losing yea id be changing coaches, but you got to give these guys a chance

It's not a football problem, its an across the board lack of athletic talent at the school right now. The blue will be back... Hopefully sooner than later

Sounds like the players need to toughin up a lil bit if there complainin about workouts, maybe thats the problem there just not tough. Every other school wakes up every mornin and works there butts off , so whats the problem?

Sounds like the players need to toughin up a lil bit if there complainin about workouts, maybe thats the problem there just not tough. Every other school wakes up every mornin and works there butts off , so whats the problem?

It is the head coaches job to get the team prepared. Most boys do complain about workouts until the team begins a winning tradition and develops senior leadership that helps the coaches push the weight room and conditioning.

It is the head coaches job to get the team prepared. Most boys do complain about workouts until the team begins a winning tradition and develops senior leadership that helps the coaches push the weight room and conditioning.

Thank you Southernpride,That is what I have been saying for a long time.It is up to the head coach and asst. coaches,It is their job to do that. It seems that somebody has not been doing their job, now don't it? :flower:

I looked at Central's schedule. The Chargers played the 11th toughest schedule in 2A so that would include both 3A and 4A play-off teams. McMinn, Polk and Bledsoe were all districts champions. Kingston was 7-3 and finished third in District 4 behind CAK and Alcoa. Stone, Sequoyah, Meigs, Norte Dame and Sweetwater all made the play-offs. That only leaves a 4-6 Loudon team that did not make the playoffs. The Chargers were in every game but two. This is a huge improvement from a team that was mercy ruled in 8 of 10 contests in 2010. Clearly there are areas that need improvement both offensively and defensively but the schemes are better. There was very little attrition this year after the season started so I expect most of the players to return. The JV team was 4-2 with wins over McMinn, Loudon, Sequoyah and Sweetwater. Believe that the future is bright. Got the biggest class of freshman coming from Englewood and Central. They are talented, athletic and have some size.

One of the reasons the senior class is not as large as we need is that many of the seniors did not play as sophomores. 999 is right, we need to have at least 15 seniors that have played all four years. Look at Bledsoe, Sweetwater, Sequoyah and Stone. All had at least a dozen seniors. They elected not to play because most were going to playing JV since the varsity had guys like Ben Stiles, Maury Ragland, Josh Moss, and others. When you miss a year, especially lineman you lose game experience and one year in the wieght room. Typically when you quit once, it is alot easier to quit the second time.

At some point in time, the coaching carousel at Central needs to stop. The program has made some strides. In 2012 got all the skilled guys back, talented freshman and sophomore classes that have game experience. Next year is lining up alot like Derrick's second year when the Chargers won the District championship.

You are wrong about Sequoyah, they only have about 6 seniors and not all of them start, they are a very young team, starting alot of freshman & sophmores.

All of our service men and women, past and present you get my support as well. I have no dog in this hunt, support a differnt M.C., Macon COunty. With that being said, with all of the negitivity that some of you harbor against the coaches and staff, it is time to get off the boards and do one of two things: Take your complaints to the local board of education where they can be heard by people that make real desicions, or shut the H _ _ _ UP! and start putting as much effort into supporting your team and student-athletes as you do bashing them! Your boys deserve support!

All you folks complaining are probably just complainin bc your kids didnt get to play much this yr. , thats prob the real issue. Im so sick of you guys makin excuses for your players , obviously there the ones that doesnt want a winning tradition cause all im hearin is excuses and it soundslike yalls boys are just lazy and not mentally and physically tough and up for the challenge to better themselves. Plus you guys are still making it sound like central is traditionally a football powerhouse, im sry but you guys have had like 3 good years in program hist. , you guys are a basketball/ baseball school,so quit talken like your maryville or somebody good

All of our service men and women, past and present you get my support as well. I have no dog in this hunt, support a differnt M.C., Macon COunty. With that being said, with all of the negitivity that some of you harbor against the coaches and staff, it is time to get off the boards and do one of two things: Take your complaints to the local board of education where they can be heard by people that make real desicions, or shut the H _ _ _ UP! and start putting as much effort into supporting your team and student-athletes as you do bashing them! Your boys deserve support!

Macon County? Do you know what's interesting about Macon County? Nothing! :mrgreen:

The JV team was 4-2 with wins over McMinn, Loudon, Sequoyah and Sweetwater. Believe that the future is bright. Got the biggest class of freshman coming from Englewood and Central. They are talented, athletic and have some size.

One thing to add on this comment is that the sophmores playing on Fridays did not play with this JV group, with the exception of one game.

Im sry but if a coach says theres works in the a.m. then they need to be there , it isnt always what the kids want, thats the problem these days , the kids and parents think they can run the show and have everything there way. If a kid cant wake up in the a.m. and workout and prac everyday i sure as heck dont wont him playin for me on friday nights, and i sure as heck wouldnt have him on my team at all. Lets face it central has never really been a good football school, if this was maryville or alcoa and you were losing yea id be changing coaches, but you got to give these guys a chance

Ok here is my take. Back in the old days when I played. I played for Huffman HS in B'ham, AL. Alot of our upper classmen me included had jobs so they could have cars buy gas etc in the summer. We had to be at work at 7AM so at Central you got a choice have a car and spend money or play on football team. Our Coaches opened up the Workout Room from 7 to 10 and 5 til 7 so we could get our workout done. Nothing about soft or lazy oh by the way we went to the 1/4 finals in the state in the larges schools 4A down there then. These boys want to play but want a car, ins & pocket money. Every kid doen't have a mon or dad that will furnish the car gas & pocket money. Why not just try and make a flex schedule so we can keep these upper classmen

Edited by charger999
  • Upvote 1