McMinn Central

RumpleSkin93

Sorry that I may have hurt your feelings.And as for me bashing the coaches on here,Well what have they done that was a improvement this year?And yes,I agree that other schools have 2 or 3 down years,Like Cleveland (getting a new coach),Walker Valley (getting a new coach).Need I say more? :roflolk:

Why would my feelings be hurt? So you feel anytime that a coach has 2 or 3 years down in high school football we should go get a new coach? I hope you are good at what you do.

Why would my feelings be hurt? So you feel anytime that a coach has 2 or 3 years down in high school football we should go get a new coach? I hope you are good at what you do.

LOL I must be,I've been doing it for a long time.Have you ever seen a program drop off so fast,so hard in a weak district that we play in?I never have.Have you ever seen so many upper classmen NOT come out for their jr. and sr. years?I just have a hard time hearing people say everything is ok with the football program.When it is not!

LOL I must be,I've been doing it for a long time.Have you ever seen a program drop off so fast,so hard in a weak district that we play in?I never have.Have you ever seen so many upper classmen NOT come out for their jr. and sr. years?I just have a hard time hearing people say everything is ok with the football program.When it is not!

OK then give meat. Why do you think that JRs and SRs are dropping off?

I think we would keep alot more if we had flex schedules summer work out in AM & PM so the boys could have a job & play sports and by the way it's not just Boys Football its basketball too only 1 sr on it. Y'all know why McMinn had a great year they had 18 SR on roster. Once again 17 to 18 yr old boys against 14,15,16 kids we all know who wins

Edited by charger999

I think we would keep alot more if we had flex schedules summer work out in AM & PM so the boys could have a job & play sports and by the way it's not just Boys Football its basketball too only 1 sr on it. Y'all know why McMinn had a great year they had 18 SR on roster. Once again 17 to 18 yr old boys against 14,15,16 kids we all know who wins

I would agree with this. Good idea.

That is one big question that someone needs to ask coach Goodin,And see if he can tell us why.Of course he would say (a lack of commitment)Which is totally not true.Maybe just a lack of commitment to him,Or maybe just a lack of commitment to some of the asst. coaches that show up part time.To me that is not good leadership,All of the coaches have to be commited 100% before they can expect the boys to buy into anything they say or do.

Very thought provoking topic. Some have said, give it a couple more years, others want a change now, one person pointed out that there have been several changes over the last few years, and then the debate about the "last hit". I realize that I may stir the pot a little (not meaning to), but lets not forget that MC is typically not a powerhouse in football. Not saying that they do not have the athletes, or that they are not capable, just saying that it is funny what 3 years of successful football can do to the perception of what they should be. Lets be real - MC is a powerhouse in basketball and they have a great baseball team - but over the last 11 years their record is 40 wins and 74 losses (.540 win %) - take the 3 good years out and they are 15 wins and 66 losses (.227 win %)

I know some of you may wonder - why would I say that? Honestly not meaning to cause a stir, I have a lot of respect for MC and the Goodin family. The problem is that most kids do not want to go out and practice everyday and then get beat on Friday night. I don't know the numbers, but I would bet that when they were winning from 2007-2009 they had a lot more players on the sideline. You see it all the time - when teams are winning, everyone wants to play, when they are losing, no one wants to play. I don't know what it will take to get MC back to winning football games, but I do think that ONE reason (I'm sure there are other reasons)kids are not playing is that they are losing. My guess is that if they would have won a few games last year that large Jr class would have been back.

Edited by Knockemsoxoff

That is one big question that someone needs to ask coach Goodin,And see if he can tell us why.Of course he would say (a lack of commitment)Which is totally not true.Maybe just a lack of commitment to him,Or maybe just a lack of commitment to some of the asst. coaches that show up part time.To me that is not good leadership,All of the coaches have to be commited 100% before they can expect the boys to buy into anything they say or do.

Then go ask, that is what I am saying to you. At least you are giving me something. You still have not answered who you would like to see as the head coach?!?

Great idea Charger999, you should talk to Coach Goodin and see if he would do that. I think he would. I think this group of Juniors will stick with it and add a few more. Heard something through the grapevine today...............fingers crossed and I'm not talkin. If it is true, then just wait til next season! :popcorneater:

Give us a hint!

Then go ask, that is what I am saying to you. At least you are giving me something. You still have not answered who you would like to see as the head coach?!?

I would like to quote my 15 year old grandson who has played for Goodin the past two years, who actually knows what goes on unlike some people on here who just like to talk (type) to make theirself sound very well informed and which same people cover up the truth, anyways here is what he told me after week 4 this year "If there is to be a new coach, he needs to come in the locker at every halftime whether up by 40 or down by 3, he also needs to actually treat kids how he would be treated, and always be at practice." Now, idk about anybody else, but when a 15 year old says that, then you know something isnt right. You dont NOT come in the locker room at halftime, thats crazy! From what ive been told by my grandson, Goodin has a thing for tearing kids butt up when they do something wrong, but when something good is done, no credit is given except to Goodin's chosen few. From what my grandson has told me and whateverybody on here says, it sounds like someone is sugar coating the truth or hiding the fact a bad hire of a head football coach was made in which Goodin thought him and his brothers would walk in and inherit unconditional power. Well my friends, that bird dont fly straight. Dont half the stuff has been said on here sounds like the coaches covering for their self? Making excuses? If the coaches are as good as everyone on here speaks of, then why didnt the Goodins take the Cordell twins ,who suposedlly also quit playing because of the coaching, and turn the two 6'3 200 pound boys into something they could actually used? Instead, like many other juniors I saw, they stood on the side line! Now who's fault is it that Central was young? Idk how many times i saw juniors and seniors on the side line last year, boys like Cameron Rich , Brandon Dingess, Tony Preskitt (playing one way) heck, and numerous others. Truth of the matter is Central needs a older more mature coach who doesnt make excuses for his own mistakes.

Edited by RumpleSkin93

It's not a football problem, its an across the board lack of athletic talent at the school right now. The blue will be back... Hopefully sooner than later