McMinn Central

RumpleSkin93

It's not a football problem, its an across the board lack of athletic talent at the school right now. The blue will be back... Hopefully sooner than later

I looked at Central's schedule. The Chargers played the 11th toughest schedule in 2A so that would include both 3A and 4A play-off teams. McMinn, Polk and Bledsoe were all districts champions. Kingston was 7-3 and finished third in District 4 behind CAK and Alcoa. Stone, Sequoyah, Meigs, Norte Dame and Sweetwater all made the play-offs. That only leaves a 4-6 Loudon team that did not make the playoffs. The Chargers were in every game but two. This is a huge improvement from a team that was mercy ruled in 8 of 10 contests in 2010. Clearly there are areas that need improvement both offensively and defensively but the schemes are better. There was very little attrition this year after the season started so I expect most of the players to return. The JV team was 4-2 with wins over McMinn, Loudon, Sequoyah and Sweetwater. Believe that the future is bright. Got the biggest class of freshman coming from Englewood and Central. They are talented, athletic and have some size.

One of the reasons the senior class is not as large as we need is that many of the seniors did not play as sophomores. 999 is right, we need to have at least 15 seniors that have played all four years. Look at Bledsoe, Sweetwater, Sequoyah and Stone. All had at least a dozen seniors. They elected not to play because most were going to playing JV since the varsity had guys like Ben Stiles, Maury Ragland, Josh Moss, and others. When you miss a year, especially lineman you lose game experience and one year in the wieght room. Typically when you quit once, it is alot easier to quit the second time.

At some point in time, the coaching carousel at Central needs to stop. The program has made some strides. In 2012 got all the skilled guys back, talented freshman and sophomore classes that have game experience. Next year is lining up alot like Derrick's second year when the Chargers won the District championship.

Knockemsoxoff you hit the nail on the head chief!!! Rumple your grandson is without talent (that's the only way I know how to put it nicely) and is part of the problem... Not the solution

Ok if this is true, then why in gods creation cant THE Goodins who all played big time college football (hahaha) take all this no talent that central has, and turn into something good? Answer me that! Because all you ever hear about is "ah man, the Goodins played Big time college football" You would think Central would have the best offensive and deffensive line in the state. Thats not the case. You have Cody who barely shows up, Chad who shows up on friday nights to help call plays?(who does that?), and finally Josh who seems to be just as much of a kid as my grandson. Matt is the only one who is out there everyday, all ways fired up, and always seems to know what he is doing. But heck what am i talking about, someone will next take up for them after this comment ha. Sounds like the way you talk smokinote, coaches should just inherit talent? Bull. If this coaching staff is as good as the paper talks of, ya'll too, then i challenge them to turn all this NO talent ya'll speak of, into talent which shouldve been in the process of taking over the head coaching job in 09. Everyone saw there was gonna be drop off in talent, but isnt that what coaches have these boys practice for??? But no, everyone keep making excuses. Sounds like all the coaches on here LOL. Like i said, ego is a big factor. :flower:

Edited by RumpleSkin93

Ok if this is true, then why in gods creation cant THE Goodins who all played big time college football (hahaha) take all this no talent that central has, and turn into something good? Answer me that! Because all you ever hear about is "ah man, the Goodins played Big time college football" You would think Central would have the best offensive and deffensive line in the state. Thats not the case. You have Cody who barely shows up, Chad who shows up on friday nights to help call plays?(who does that?), and finally Josh who seems to be just as much of a kid as my grandson. Matt is the only one who is out there everyday, all ways fired up, and always seems to know what he is doing. But heck what am i talking about, someone will next take up for them after this comment ha. Sounds like the way you talk smokinote, coaches should just inherit talent? Bull. If this coaching staff is as good as the paper talks of, ya'll too, then i challenge them to turn all this NO talent ya'll speak of, into talent which shouldve been in the process of taking over the head coaching job in 09. Everyone saw there was gonna be drop off in talent, but isnt that what coaches have these boys practice for??? But no, everyone keep making excuses. Sounds like all the coaches on here LOL. Like i said, ego is a big factor. :flower:

AMEN BROTHER AMEN!!I'm glad to see that someone else on here see's the same thing's that I have seen the past few years.I never did understand why the cordell brothers never played either.Goodin always has his favorite's!And yes, he is a big kid that needs to grow up and act like a head coach.Yes,all of the goodin's played college football,But just because you played don't mean that you can coach it! :shock:

AMEN BROTHER AMEN!!I'm glad to see that someone else on here see's the same thing's that I have seen the past few years.I never did understand why the cordell brothers never played either.Goodin always has his favorite's!And yes, he is a big kid that needs to grow up and act like a head coach.Yes,all of the goodin's played college football,But just because you played don't mean that you can coach it! :shock:

Well then how do we go about getting rid of him?

Okay lets get the facts straight about coaches at practice, coach josh, coach gosset, coach stone at practice every single day. Matt and Cody where there 95% of the time. and a key thing about the coaches is that most of them are volunteers so since you know everything how about you do something as good as them and you volunteer? And you make fun of them for playing college football. Did you play?

I would like to quote my 15 year old grandson who has played for Goodin the past two years, who actually knows what goes on unlike some people on here who just like to talk (type) to make theirself sound very well informed and which same people cover up the truth, anyways here is what he told me after week 4 this year "If there is to be a new coach, he needs to come in the locker at every halftime whether up by 40 or down by 3, he also needs to actually treat kids how he would be treated, and always be at practice." Now, idk about anybody else, but when a 15 year old says that, then you know something isnt right. You dont NOT come in the locker room at halftime, thats crazy! From what ive been told by my grandson, Goodin has a thing for tearing kids butt up when they do something wrong, but when something good is done, no credit is given except to Goodin's chosen few. From what my grandson has told me and whateverybody on here says, it sounds like someone is sugar coating the truth or hiding the fact a bad hire of a head football coach was made in which Goodin thought him and his brothers would walk in and inherit unconditional power. Well my friends, that bird dont fly straight. Dont half the stuff has been said on here sounds like the coaches covering for their self? Making excuses? If the coaches are as good as everyone on here speaks of, then why didnt the Goodins take the Cordell twins ,who suposedlly also quit playing because of the coaching, and turn the two 6'3 200 pound boys into something they could actually used? Instead, like many other juniors I saw, they stood on the side line! Now who's fault is it that Central was young? Idk how many times i saw juniors and seniors on the side line last year, boys like Cameron Rich , Brandon Dingess, Tony Preskitt (playing one way) heck, and numerous others. Truth of the matter is Central needs a older more mature coach who doesnt make excuses for his own mistakes.

They didnt come in to the locker room last year why are you still worried about that? they have changed as coaches. and for them liking to chew players. if your grandson was there my freshman year when derrick was there it was a lot worse. and for not playing the big guys. would you wanna play a big soft guy or a smaller guy that wants to get after someone. by the way this is tony preskitt

They didnt come in to the locker room last year why are you still worried about that? they have changed as coaches. and for them liking to chew players. if your grandson was there my freshman year when derrick was there it was a lot worse. and for not playing the big guys. would you wanna play a big soft guy or a smaller guy that wants to get after someone. by the way this is tony preskitt

Sorry to hurt your feelings tony.But too look at your record the last two years,You were all very soft! :thumb: