McMinn Central

RumpleSkin93

Again, if this "incident" did happen, and like people are saying that it did, you would think the newpaper, TV, school admin, school board, etc. would be all over it. Just strange, very strange that CoachT seems to have exclusive rights to this story.

I wasn't gonna get involved but seeing how this is picking up steam I'm going to explain what happened as it was explained to me by a former coach who stays in contact with the other coaches. This was supposed to be a joke. The senior was supposed to run at the freshman growling, yelling ,screaming and when he got to the freshman was supposed to barley touch the freshman. However, just like anything else in life there is always one "bad apple." The fourth or fifth senior decided to really punch the freshman causing the uproar. The coaches DID NOT tell the seniors to hurt the freshman but this one kid decided to take it too far.

I wasn't gonna get involved but seeing how this is picking up steam I'm going to explain what happened as it was explained to me by a former coach who stays in contact with the other coaches. This was supposed to be a joke. The senior was supposed to run at the freshman growling, yelling ,screaming and when he got to the freshman was supposed to barley touch the freshman. However, just like anything else in life there is always one "bad apple." The fourth or fifth senior decided to really punch the freshman causing the uproar. The coaches DID NOT tell the seniors to hurt the freshman but this one kid decided to take it too far.

I guess your right that it was suppose to be a joke, i guess not for this one boy however. Anyway, why does my grandson tell me the coaches were laughing at the hard hit boy? Arent you suppose to influence the boys in a good manner? Not one that shows bad demeter. If your post is right, then it proves the coaches DID know about it, andit sounds like they were worried more about a joke than winning games. Dont the last hit mean anything anymore? As far as everyone knowing, im pretty sure they do. Everybody ive talked to knows along with the whole school. Why hasnt the administration got involved? Beats me. Youd think if anybody was TRUELY worried about winning fotball games, that they might take the not coming into locker room at halftime and this little "joke" serious and review over the head coach or coaches. As far as how good my creditability is, my grandson had no problem going into detail of what all out of line things has happen the past two years. Might be the reason we cant keep players or keep any juniors from last year that were gonna be seniors. Correct me if im wrong but, if all them would have stayed, wouldnt we have had about 16 17 18 seniors? I dont believe we as a whole wouldve been very young then.

I guess your right that it was suppose to be a joke, i guess not for this one boy however. Anyway, why does my grandson tell me the coaches were laughing at the hard hit boy? Arent you suppose to influence the boys in a good manner? Not one that shows bad demeter. If your post is right, then it proves the coaches DID know about it, andit sounds like they were worried more about a joke than winning games. Dont the last hit mean anything anymore? As far as everyone knowing, im pretty sure they do. Everybody ive talked to knows along with the whole school. Why hasnt the administration got involved? Beats me. Youd think if anybody was TRUELY worried about winning fotball games, that they might take the not coming into locker room at halftime and this little "joke" serious and review over the head coach or coaches. As far as how good my creditability is, my grandson had no problem going into detail of what all out of line things has happen the past two years. Might be the reason we cant keep players or keep any juniors from last year that were gonna be seniors. Correct me if im wrong but, if all them would have stayed, wouldnt we have had about 16 17 18 seniors? I dont believe we as a whole wouldve been very young then.

Thank you Skin93!That is what I have been saying all season long.But everyone on here makes every excuse in the book for these coaches.Central plays in one of the weakest districts in the state,and still at the bottom of it.I can see 1 or 2 players not coming back the next year,But that many?Somthing is wrong.It all starts at the top(Head Coach).

Thank you Skin93!That is what I have been saying all season long.But everyone on here makes every excuse in the book for these coaches.Central plays in one of the weakest districts in the state,and still at the bottom of it.I can see 1 or 2 players not coming back the next year,But that many?Somthing is wrong.It all starts at the top(Head Coach).

The truth is that football is a commitment. Working out through out the year, spring practice, and summer workouts. It is tough. There are many kids, especially by their SENIOR year who just get other things on their minds. Like I said before, this coming season will be the tell all for this program and the direction is going to be headed. The last game of the year at one point there were 4 freshman, 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and the rest sophmores on "D" and they were holding their own pretty good.

The truth is that football is a commitment. Working out through out the year, spring practice, and summer workouts. It is tough. There are many kids, especially by their SENIOR year who just get other things on their minds. Like I said before, this coming season will be the tell all for this program and the direction is going to be headed. The last game of the year at one point there were 4 freshman, 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and the rest sophmores on "D" and they were holding their own pretty good.

Please BC93 go to this staff and try to find a way to help with this program. Do you realize that throughout our history this is how it goes. Go to the unapproved website web site and look up the history of MC football and you will find that we have 3 or 4 down years then success. It has been this way for a long time. Things will turn around.

I have one question,And I want you guys to be honest.Did Coach goodin or any of his asst. ever come and watch any of the Central knights or englewood rams play this year?I was at all of the knights games and I never seen any of them.He should have been at these games watching the future of Central football.

I will answer for you, YES.

Central needs something consistent,Not every five or six or seven years.Coach goodin Goodin does not have what it takes to keep this program consistent.

Who does then? BC93, since the summer all you have done is bashed everything this staff has done. Three or four times of things that you disagree with and I can say you have an honest opinion of what you are talking about. You my friend have an issue with Goodin himself! It is hard to bring in new people every time the blue has 2 or 3 bad years. Almost every school in the state with the exception of a few can say they are not going to have bad years. Take care of this PERSONAL problem and not bash EVERY DAY on these boards.

Who does then? BC93, since the summer all you have done is bashed everything this staff has done. Three or four times of things that you disagree with and I can say you have an honest opinion of what you are talking about. You my friend have an issue with Goodin himself! It is hard to bring in new people every time the blue has 2 or 3 bad years. Almost every school in the state with the exception of a few can say they are not going to have bad years. Take care of this PERSONAL problem and not bash EVERY DAY on these boards.

Sorry that I may have hurt your feelings.And as for me bashing the coaches on here,Well what have they done that was a improvement this year?And yes,I agree that other schools have 2 or 3 down years,Like Cleveland (getting a new coach),Walker Valley (getting a new coach).Need I say more? :roflolk: