McMinn Central

RumpleSkin93

Speaking about little league and all star staff, heard a new rumor out of Goodin "U". I'm hearing we got another daddy headed to the staff as the new freshman team coach. That's all this program needs is another daddy or brother on the staff!! Just hope he doesn't bring his off. cord.!!!!! :lol: Guess making it to the championship game & working on the field paid off. :roflol: Oh yeah, almost forgot he helped Derrick too!!! Maybe he can get his old headset back

• Upvote 1

Speaking about little league and all star staff, heard a new rumor out of Goodin "U". I'm hearing we got another daddy headed to the staff as the new freshman team coach. That's all this program needs is another daddy or brother on the staff!! Just hope he doesn't bring his off. cord.!!!!! :lol: Guess making it to the championship game & working on the field paid off. :roflol: Oh yeah, almost forgot he helped Derrick too!!! Maybe he can get his old headset back

That don't surprise me!When your as bad as this coaching staff is, You need all of the help you can get!!Is his initials R.R.Jr.?

• Upvote 1

I am getting tired of the cracks on Derrick and having no discipline...people have no idea what went on with those kids, I can promise you they were disciplined, I know because I was part of the staff. We just handled issues internally, folks just guess about stuff instead of getting the facts. Decisions were ALWAYS a staff decision, keeping Jackson was something we all soul searched before we agreed and he met all of the requirements to return to the team we set forth. Yes, he did get kicked off during the season, but again it was a staff decision. We tried to help some of those so called problem kids get a chance to get to the next level so they could leave the inviornment they lived in...some worked out but some didn't...I have no regrets about what we did because I know we did it for the right reasons. Coach Wilkerson was huge with those kids and was probably the toughest on the kids of any of us. Like him or not, just don't make accusations about stuff you don't know is a fact.

I'm glad you finally chimed on and posted. As you stated, no one outside the program knew exactly what went on with the kids and discipline. Many times when a new staff comes in and improves the program and the players take on the coach's fiery personality, they get falsely tagged as thugs, etc. because that aggression is channeled onto the field, and usually bringing on more penalties just due to the sheer nature of physicality.

As far as problem kids and discipline, it's truly a fine line for a coach. Several kids have taken those second and third chances and turned their lives around - just because someone cared and believed in them. Then sometimes the kid has to learn the hard way. When it doesn't work out for the kid, the coach usually takes a lot of abuse from opponents and disgruntled fans who didn't agree with the coach on giving another chance. Bottom line is that the coaches are in the best position to make those decisions - EVEN IF THEY SOMETIMES MAKE THE WRONG DECISION.

Knockemsoxoff you hit the nail on the head chief!!! Rumple your grandson is without talent (that's the only way I know how to put it nicely) and is part of the problem... Not the solution

Yea Rumple its all your grandsons fault that Central lost all those games...Please people wake up,my son plays as well guess its his fault too bahahahaha. Grow up Guys please,and as for al the talk about the Seniors Last Hit its all true,but every boy on that team is either afraid they wont get to play or will be called a sissy all i can say is Thank God my son did not get hit,bc there would have been an assualt warrant taken out for the child who did it and one for the coaches that allowed and laughed and watched!

Did Goodin not go 7-3 his first year? That is winning, right?

Don't toot his horn too much on that season,That team could have not had a coaching staff,and still went 7-4!Anyone could have won with that team.That was coach derrick's team,Josh Goodin just reaped some of derrick's benifits.And to tell you the truth they should have won more than what they did. :thumb:

Don't toot his horn too much on that season,That team could have not had a coaching staff,and still went 7-4!Anyone could have won with that team.That was coach derrick's team,Josh Goodin just reaped some of derrick's benifits.And to tell you the truth they should have won more than what they did. :thumb:

That is my point, anyone could have won those years!!!!!

Coach Derrick's team???? Last I checked central doesn't recruit. It's not college idiot

I dont have a dog in this race but i do know coach goodin he took my daughter to a school function last year and she likes him a bunch. My son also had him as a teacher at McMinn and loved him. Be Greatful you have a man with integrity hanging around your kids because he sure doesnt do it for the money... that has been my exp with him... Dan Dillon