EK Slaughter out at Cleveland

Where has Rankin ever went to where he had to build a program? He is a great coach. He told me a long time ago if you want to be a great coach go to a great program, 98 Nashville coaching clinic. If you can get Rankin fine, but there is alot that goes into building a program other than the head coach. Good luck with your search.

• 2 weeks later...

Boards been quite whats the latest? Any names surficing? What about E.K.? Any word on where he may wind up and in what capacity?

Official search activity was to have started this week at CHS. Job still doesn't show on the website. AD says they have fielded a number of calls of inquiry.

No word on what's next for coach Slaughter.

Hearing Brother Jon Allen has been been mentioned for the vacancy. Any possibily he trades the purple visor for a blue one?? Anybody hearing the same thing?

I pray not, and hope the administration would be a little wiser than to hire a known journeyman to try and bring the program back to prominence.

I have not heard that specifically, but I have heard about everyone else's name so far! :roll:

And the Wing-T? NOOOO! :o

Edited by CheckerboardEndzone

I pray not, and hope the administration would be a little wiser than to hire a known journeyman to try and bring the program back to prominence.

I have not heard that specifically, but I have heard about everyone else's name so far! :roll:

Nothin wrong with the wing-t...if you look at those Three Gold Footballs sittin in the trophy case, that was the offense that was ran to help in winning three consecutive State Championships...and if I can recall, that offense helped reel off 54 straight...but alas, not a fan of John Alan...

Edited by Xander Zone

Maybe I should say no to the Wing T the way Chatt Central ran it this year. Painful.

Wing T requires a certain set of personnel. Not sure the current/near-future crop would be well suited to that offense. Team size and speed currently are more suited to spread or run-and-shoot. Anybody considered running the A-11 offense? Might be an interesting direction.. .

John Allen is moving away from wing-t. Told me to my face. I about fell over dead. Direct words, wants to get right personel in place, then raise money to take program to where it needs to be. That is where he is now. Sounds like a plan. Who knows? Alot has changed in that mans life last couple of years.

John Allen is moving away from wing-t. Told me to my face. I about fell over dead. Direct words, wants to get right personel in place, then raise money to take program to where it needs to be. That is where he is now. Sounds like a plan. Who knows? Alot has changed in that mans life last couple of years.

I know John and like him... I do believe, though, he can do more good by staying and building Central than he could by coming to Cleveland.

Well for the kids at Centrals sake he needs to stay. They have good athletes they just need some consistancy and for someone to care about them. And if infact he is opening up the offense more and staying with what the last two coaches were trying to do and spread the ball around to the athletes then i certainly think he can be successful there.

Maybe I should say no to the Wing T the way Chatt Central ran it this year. Painful.

Wing T requires a certain set of personnel. Not sure the current/near-future crop would be well suited to that offense. Team size and speed currently are more suited to spread or run-and-shoot. Anybody considered running the A-11 offense? Might be an interesting direction.. .

A-11 is illegal now.

I hope you guys hire Johnny so we can steal him in a few years.