who will take the greenfield football job

lineman4life

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ask again....who in the world is Don Pitt? And is he the head coach or not? Either they have announced it or not. Not that it is going to matter too much cause they can't get above .500 with the teams in their district and due to the lack of talent and coaching staff. If they really care about building a winning football program (which I doubt they are) then they need to get someone that has proven they can win with less talent and can get kids to play that aren't playing. And he has to be able to bring 2 coaches with him. And they are going to have to spend some money....quit low-balling the salary of the coaches.

Haven't heard that he got the job yet but...

Don Pitt is a 2000 graduate of Greenfield. Very good high school player. Played a year at a school in Arizona (I think it was a small D1) then finished up at Lambuth. He was an assistant at Lambuth I believe for the last few years before they shut down. As with anybody who gets it, he's got his work cut out for him.

they Could Scratch the Football Team And Play Kickball...They'd Be The Pioneers Of The Sport And Champs For Years Until It Caught Hold... :roflol:

Butchie, naaa, no kickball. We're enjoying beating the daylights out of McKenzie in boys and girls basketball and baseball, right now. Maybe we'll have a football team that will give you fits, one day, too....it wasnt that long ago when Greenfield football was pretty good.....

So the guy has no highschool coaching experience....that sounds like a good hire, lol.

I like volfan am not sure but he might have been an assistant at JCM this past year to go along with his COLLEGE coaching experience at Lambuth. Like I said, he said he has work cut out for him but I think from the people I heard applied, he is a good choice.

When only two guys apply you get what you get. :roflolk: I do wish GF goodluck since they are in our county.

I'll rephrase what I said. From the people I heard who inquired about the position, he is a good hire. There was no big name in the inquired or applied pool. But I don't think anybody expected there to be.