Gville vs. Eagleville

owlball

We will be carrying the game on the Duck at 93.9 fm. Our signal reaches Eagleville, but if you have reception issues, you can listen over the web via your smart phone or droid at 939theduck.com.... Their is a market app called "tune in" which works well. We will have Coach Carson on after the game and hopefully we'll be able to get a word in with Moose as well. Croz, we'll be set up on the home side, mentioning you over there may get me thrown out....lol

You're probably right. I don't think they like me much over there. :roflolk:

I may make a couple of posts tomorrow, but until then I'm going to bed.

These Eagleville posters don't want to cooperate.

They give no info, I guess they think if they tell me what offense and defense they run that I'll tell the coaches. :shock:

So I guess I'll have to find out for myself tomorrow night.

Over and out till tomorrow.

Go Blue!!

I expect to hear the Big Blue Express alot tomorrow! :mrgreen::thumb:

From what i understand, per the Herald article, Eagleville is a mirror of us, package-wise. They also run the I with a base 50 D. One big difference that seems to be a point of emphasis, in the newspaper articles, is the difference between their I offense and ours is that, we look to score on every play from anywhere on the field, and Eagleville is all about ball control. They 4 and 5 yard you to death. If we let them play their kind of game, we'll only have limited possessions. That's what doomed Columbia Academy. Eagleville marched down the field and killed clock, while CA didn't take advantage of what chances they had. That game could've just as well been 21-21 if not for turnovers. All that I can gather on the Eagleville team, from a fans point of view and with no video of them, is that they go as their qb goes. Stop or contain the qb, and you're 3/4 of the way to shutting them down. He's their workshorse on offense and defense. Has almost 1,400 yds from scrimmage rushing, not as effective passing (averages about 5 to 6 passes a game). If this game goes like I think it will, GHS will key on the Jernigan boy and Eagleville will have probably put in some wrinkles in their O-package to offset the barrage of blue, just in case we are better at stopping him than they thought we'd be. If you start seeing gimmick plays, early and often, it could be their best chance of beating us.

As I have said multiple times Gordonsville is coming into this game as underdogs and it looks like the on bigones poll everyone is thinking the same... Gordonsville is looking forward to playing Eagleville tonight... Should be a great atmosphere for football tonight, good luck to both teams tonight

Edited by wolverine18

As I have said multiple times Gordonsville is coming into this game as underdogs and it looks like the on bigones poll everyone is thinking the same... Gordonsville is looking forward to playing Eagleville tonight... Should be a great atmosphere for football tonight, good luck to both teams tonight

Don't see Eagleville staying with Gville. First half could be close but Gville will pull away in the last half. Good luck Gville.

Gordonsville wins going away. Eagleville might keep it close for a quarter but no more than that. Gordonsville wins by 35. Is the Smith kid for Eagleville not playing this year?

He decided to quit and focus on his main sport of baseball. The kid is a beastly pitcher and the eagles are looking to win a state title in more than just football. :mrgreen: